The Holiday Sleigh Gathering Event

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
BethM

Re: Pike’s Sleigh Gathering Event

Postby BethM » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:40 pm

LilysIris86 wrote:Not to play Debbie Downer, but while this event is different from the normal version, it is not truly new or inventive. This is very much like the hot air balloon event. I just hope we don't have any levels that really stall out on this one (remember needing only rainbow fruit for days). From what we are seeing of level requirements and objects, I feel hopeful.

I felt like there were some good ideas in the ballon event. It’s problems came from two major miscalculations. The rainbow fruit and stopping the bubble feeding for a couple levels while we continued to collect it.

So I think with corrections for those, this event could have been fine. I like the approach of needing different items as the thing progresses. I’m sure a lot if people will ignore the dialog then show up here complaining they can’t feed nails anymore, but imo it is ok for the devs not to abandon a fun idea on account of people who won’t read.

One caution - buy the 30 gem gifters only if you want to buy lots of the decorations or if you like gifting items with little practical gain for yourself or the recipient. The returns on the velvet and paint sold in the bazaar are only about 12% of what we usually get for bazaar currencies buying the sundries crate.
Last edited by BethM on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

leslyla

Postby leslyla » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Checking on levels 10 and 11.
Only Pike's Presents can be fed to the sleigh for those levels.

Those are made at Glasswork, costing 30m (22m30) each, requires 1xSeaglass, 3xHoliday Paint, 1xCloth each, to feed the sleigh for 90 hearts

********* EDIT OF THE POST ******
Pike's Presents were initially announced being worth 90 hearts, but that was a PB wiki mistake. Pike's Presents are actually worth 200 hearts and the wiki has been corrected after I posted this. So please use your own discernment as to how you want to go through the event considering that.

For myself, I went for my plan below despite that new information.

That means we need to make 151 to 152 of those to be able to make it through levels 10 and 11. That is 56-57 hours on the Glassworks mill for the 3 starred mill.

My plan:
- As soon as I enter level 8, I stop feeding my sleigh.
- That until I have accumulated enough of Holiday Paint (which can be bought at the Bazaar and obtained through Tradepost orders) and of Sack Patches (made at the Outfitter) to be able to feed my sleigh in one single feed so the sleigh gets thrown into most of level 11 all at once.
- This would minimize the quantity of Pike's Presents I need to move through level 10 and 11.
Last edited by leslyla on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

leslyla

Postby leslyla » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Oh!
I just noticed the kickstart bundle is available til level 9...
That is to give a kick into level 10 and 11... which are difficult and demanding.
So I suggest not to buy it until you are ready to use it...

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:25 pm

leslyla wrote:
My plan:
- As soon as I enter level 8, I stop feeding my sleigh.
- That until I have accumulated enough of Holiday Paint (which can be bought at the Bazaar and obtained through Tradepost orders) and of Sack Patches (made at the Outfitter) to be able to feed my sleigh in one single feed so the sleigh gets thrown into most of level 11 all at once.
- This would minimize the quantity of Pike's Presents I need to move through level 10 and 11.

This sounds interesting and doable. ( I'm terrible at calculating stuff so I look to player's input)

I'll be interested in the follow up on how it works out. :D
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Sounds like an exelent plan, especially that we only need 389 paints to get through those two levels, but to make 150 presents it takes 450. Bingo Leslyla! :D :D :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

leslyla

Postby leslyla » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 pm

JoannaK wrote:Sounds like an exelent plan, especially that we only need 389 paints to get through those two levels, but to make 150 presents it takes 450. Bingo Leslyla! :D :D :D

Only that yeah
Oh lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jdwdoodles

Postby Jdwdoodles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Does anyone know how you get candy canes? Thank you!

leslyla

Postby leslyla » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Jdwdoodles wrote:Does anyone know how you get candy canes? Thank you!

Jdwdoodles, you can get a lot of useful information on the wiki here:
https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Sleigh

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:47 pm

leslyla wrote:
JoannaK wrote:Sounds like an exelent plan, especially that we only need 389 paints to get through those two levels, but to make 150 presents it takes 450. Bingo Leslyla! :D :D :D

Only that yeah
Oh lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that's the..... other subject.... :lol:
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Peanutbutters64

Postby Peanutbutters64 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:17 am

Lets be clear here about thee timetable of items. For example: Velvet = 20 minutes but in reality it take 10 minutes for fabric (same weaver) 15 minutes for needle and 20 minutes for iron so in reality it takes 65 minutes to make just the Velvet! Look and see exactly the amount of time the cushions take and so on. Its esigned so you will spend your cash money on this event. They know people will be beyond busy with shopping,cooking, family, friends and so on. So the timetable is set but its underhanded because the amount of time to produce the items needed is a lie and a good one, but the end result some will spend the Money just to have it and some will go crazy trying and then spend the money when they cant complete it. Just for kickc the materials needed to produce the item like Velvet is the same one that produces the cloth. Something to think about people! Whos getting the most enjoyment out of it I say th3 developers!!!

Return to “Announcements”