Farewell from Paradise Bay

Game updates and news from the Crew
Kiivosh

Re: Farewell from Paradise Bay

Postby Kiivosh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Sorry to see my Island go. This is one of the few games I have ever spent real money on. I only did because I felt it wouldn't hurt to support something I was enjoying so much.

Myasir1

Postby Myasir1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Shot in the dark message to Robert A. Kotick:

I fervently hope you have the curiosity to see what is happening to the players affected by your financial decision to shutter Paradise Bay.

Many of us have expressed our sadness at the loss of jobs for the brilliantly talented people who developed, designed, and produced this fabulous game. But I think I speak for many when I say that all players deeply appreciated the incredible artistry behind–and content development of–Paradise Bay. No other game is so gorgeous, or so engaging: the challenges that were just hard enough to keep it interesting; the mills that were animation works of art; the storylines of the characters; the rollout of pets that we became attached to; and, I think, most importantly, the idea of a sweet game that encouraged worldwide engagement without violence–and without the discourse that is happening in the real world among people of many cultures. At Paradise Bay, we were of the real world, playing a game that was devoid of political and social prejudice.

In short, I do not think that you understand the huge value of what you are destroying.

Particularly on paradisebaygame.com, there are comments from players expressing their life challenges, and how PB helped them get through the dark times. Or how it helped them with physical challenges, or how it brought family members together. And after reading them, I am astounded at how much one game made a significant difference, above and beyond just playing a silly game.

And here is the interesting point: it is not a silly game. And I offer that you do not understand that you have an opportunity to rethink your decision before it is too late, and to recognize the enormous lottery ticket in your possession. You have hundreds of thousands of players from around the world that love this game and do not want it to end. You have evidence that we are willing to pay to play. And if you can take time out of your busy schedule and think it through, you may discover that, sometimes, it is not just the stockholders, but rather the stakeholders, who keep it liquid.

Thank you.

Tier 3
DesertBlue

Postby DesertBlue » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 pm

Myasir1 wrote:Shot in the dark message to Robert A. Kotick:

I fervently hope you have the curiosity to see what is happening to the players affected by your financial decision to shutter Paradise Bay.

Many of us have expressed our sadness at the loss of jobs for the brilliantly talented people who developed, designed, and produced this fabulous game. But I think I speak for many when I say that all players deeply appreciated the incredible artistry behind–and content development of–Paradise Bay. No other game is so gorgeous, or so engaging: the challenges that were just hard enough to keep it interesting; the mills that were animation works of art; the storylines of the characters; the rollout of pets that we became attached to; and, I think, most importantly, the idea of a sweet game that encouraged worldwide engagement without violence–and without the discourse that is happening in the real world among people of many cultures. At Paradise Bay, we were of the real world, playing a game that was devoid of political and social prejudice.

In short, I do not think that you understand the huge value of what you are destroying.

Particularly on paradisebaygame.com, there are comments from players expressing their life challenges, and how PB helped them get through the dark times. Or how it helped them with physical challenges, or how it brought family members together. And after reading them, I am astounded at how much one game made a significant difference, above and beyond just playing a silly game.

And here is the interesting point: it is not a silly game. And I offer that you do not understand that you have an opportunity to rethink your decision before it is too late, and to recognize the enormous lottery ticket in your possession. You have hundreds of thousands of players from around the world that love this game and do not want it to end. You have evidence that we are willing to pay to play. And if you can take time out of your busy schedule and think it through, you may discover that, sometimes, it is not just the stockholders, but rather the stakeholders, who keep it liquid.

Thank you.

So beautifully said. Thank you!

Tier 2
Polki22

Postby Polki22 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Kiivosh wrote:Sorry to see my Island go. This is one of the few games I have ever spent real money on. I only did because I felt it wouldn't hurt to support something I was enjoying so much.

I agree, this game was so enjoyable that I didn’t mind spending a bit on it too. Now it’s all going to be taken away :( I wish there was some way of playing it off-line.

Ladyshady

Postby Ladyshady » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:47 am

I agree with others about its one of the only games I was willing to spend money on except for a few games years ago on big fish games. My daughter has gotten me on decurse! Its and island game and guess what its through big fish games so get it on google play and also I created a farmville tropical island game to so I hope this was helpful! I will deeply miss my paradise bay island and the pets and the storylines! I will also miss the friends I have made!

Return to “Announcements”