Farewell from Paradise Bay

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 1
Indi

Re: Farewell from Paradise Bay

Postby Indi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Ich werde meine Freunde vermissen....
Bin sehr traurig.... Es hat immer sehr viel Spaß gemacht, auch wenn es mit den Events stressig wurde...
Liebe Grüße an Alle...und passt auf Euch auf :!:
Arkona 8-)

Chris9099

Postby Chris9099 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:09 pm

What is the point in giving us all the gems when you are closing the game so this means we're going to loose all of our animals we've paid for what a waste of money

Tier 2
seaskimmer

Postby seaskimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:15 pm

This is a real shame. I haven't been on in a few months and was shocked to see this. A lovely non violent game and it's coming to an end.
I spent money on gems but i do not regret it. Lovely game and very sad to see it go. :(

As king is a big name in the gaming world couldn't you just leave the server running as is? we wouldn't get updates and we don't really need them but it would be fun still to play seal diving etc.
Last edited by seaskimmer on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tier 1
tigertezz

Postby tigertezz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 pm

sad that paradise bay is going to shut down, was great fun to play, my poor seals who will look after them now :evil:

Chris9099

Postby Chris9099 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Giving us 10million gems is just adding insult to injury because they are not worth anything once the game ends

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Russman83 wrote:It’s out of your control but once again EA strikes and people get screwed. It was a fun run and this game helped me through a lot of times to keep me happy. I wish everyone who was laid off good luck with their future endeavors.

It's best to bail whenever a big company buys or swallows a smaller company, as the "product" no longer just has to make money, it has to make ENOUGH money. This is the terrible problem of modern business. Any product or division that does not make the target profit gets closed or sold. Turning a profit means nothing.

I am sure that the recent surge in the quest for real money through sales of pets, booster packs and piggy banks was to show the corporate bean counters that the game could meet the required profit goals.

Sadly, it probably wasn't enough.
Last edited by Oblio98 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tier 2
iNickie

Postby iNickie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:22 pm

It takes a lot for me to get angry. I was so happy to be playing again. I spent hundreds of dollars on in-app purchases, the changes since 2015 are so great and now it’s gone. I NEVER would have started playing again had I known PB was “game over.” No fair warning given. Is anyone filing a class action lawsuit to get their money back? I can’t be the only new player or return player who just lost HUNDREDS of dollars. Companies don’t decide to close shop overnight and announce that is officially over in May. It takes months of planning to make that decision. Thoughts? Comments encouraged and welcomed. Reporting to the Federal Trade Commission and I am filing a complaint. I begive this is a deceptive practice and I want my money back.Thank you.
PS This is not a rant. This is about fair business practices and being duped out of money.
GC name: iNickie50

Tier 1
jayster420

Postby jayster420 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 pm

I will join anyone who wants to file a lawsuit regarding this email me **Email address removed by CM - Contact yourself via PM if needed**

Tier 2
Hawc

Postby Hawc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 pm

So sad. Paradise Bay is a glorious retreat. So many loyal players. Can’t believe that someone from Devs wouldn’t want to continue this very popular game. I will miss all of it. The characters, the pets, the events, forum chats, helping each other, etc. really could go on and on. So sad
Hawc
Player Hawc. Started playing October 2017
Level 80.

Tier 2
tlise

Postby tlise » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Before you all start piling King figures on the bonfire and setting light to it. You might want to google "Activision closures" they had the final say. They also lost many of their own staff along with King staff.
As sad as I am to see the game close, its not their fault. Its Activisions.
I really hoped it wouldn't come to this and I don't even have the heart at this point to do anything with the gems.

Return to “Announcements”