Seal dives new style really not worth it

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 1
Tuesday1953

Seal dives new style really not worth it

Postby Tuesday1953 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:40 am

:roll: what were the creators thing of? Please tell
If your still as interested in dives as before the change in Seal dives. The rewards are lackluster and maybe even infantile. The scenery and new graphics are great, but I don’t like the new system. Tell me if you agree, if anybody is reading this?
Stewart

Tier 3
Lolly2017

Re: Seal dives new style really not worth it

Postby Lolly2017 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:49 am

Hi Stewart. Personally, I don’t mind the new dive format. The rewards can be greater, I’ve had 99 gems twice, and there’s lots of useful karma. Plus it’s really pretty and attracts a lots of fellow trademasters.
✨ Have a great day in paradise :D .

Tier 3
Doctor00z

Postby Doctor00z » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:52 am

I like it better because I like getting gems and red dyes sometimes when people help me dive, and I don't have to do any work for it. Also we don't get stupid decorations as prizes anymore.

However, I think the actual prizes we get from diving aren't that great anymore. When the system first changed, I was getting a lot of 1.5 and 2 hour dives, and getting storage upgrades and gems. Now it is rare for me to get anything but an 1 hour dive, for which I will get a pearl or a pulley. I was just wondering the other day if the devs pulled the old bait and switch, giving us great prizes to draw us in, then going back to crappy stuff once we were hooked.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:57 am

At first, the rewards were pretty great, but I agree, too often the reward is not worth the 100 coins it costs for the dive, unless you have a lot of helpers yielding karma and occasional additional reward. Instead of the big payouts we got for the first week or two, gems have slowed to a trickle. The big payout is apparently still possible, but the odds of getting even 20 or more are now minuscule. I have not seen even a gem payout over 9 in a while. In my games, the stickers have disappeared entirely from one game and been reduced dramatically in the other. (Actually, I got none in either game in yesterday's diving.) For me, expansion parts and storage increases are next to worthless as I run hundreds of empty spaces in both games. I would like to see them add back the extra tree and shrub crops that we used to get from diving, and maybe a few less pearls and pulleys, at least for players over a certain level. If you're going to give expansion parts, for heaven sake at least make it stairs or windmill blades, or waterwheel paddles.

All in all, I have grown tired of diving and don't bother seeking out dives to join anymore. I do still help if one shows up on my friend bar but the anchors are so unreliable I don't do much helping anymore unless I am also diving.

As for my dives, I find the hour after hour setup is a lot less satisfactory than the 2 hours of more intense play followed by the 3 hour and 6 hour dives.

I do like the salvage shop concept, though.
Last edited by BethM on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 am

I find myself having less enthusiasm for diving. once i get what i like for the week, it's hard to motivate myself to keep diving
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 3
Lojadina

Postby Lojadina » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:36 am

I’m not feeling much motivation for diving.
While i love the new graphics and I’m happy the decorations are gone the rewards are paltry. Lots of storage pieces that we have little use for other than on the islands to use to trade. I haven’t seen any gem payoff over 5 recently.
I used to enjoy the divefests but I don’t see them being part of the new format.
I’m not impressed with the salvage shop. How many flowers can we fit on our overstuffed islands? Most of the boat parts I don’t want either.
I feel that it’s almost become irrelevant.
Level 75
GC ID lojadina
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/LojadinaDina
Happy to accept friend requests

Tier 2
Outpt

Postby Outpt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:01 am

9 seals from 2 islands not worth the effort.After a while the rewards,for the most part, are not worth the hassle.I am starting to slow down.I am doing trade fest and dives for both islands things are getting out of hand.
Level 75 iPhone 6S
Level 33 2nd island Broke again :cry:

Rimmy3420

Postby Rimmy3420 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:18 am

For me the biggest disappointment with the new dives is they have taken away the ability to help other players. Gone is the satisfaction of jumping into a dive and reducing the time the time to finish to before the deadline. Instead we merely also dive during the players time slot. The person having the dive doesn't even have to be diving for us to join (or is that hijack?).

The developers seem to consistently overestimate the selfishness of players. This might be why they won't fix the market.

On rare occasions, the prizes given for the dive fail to disappoint. After six or seven hours of receiving another pulley or pearl, players do become discouraged. Since they can't offer a great prize every time, why not make the lottery user driven? That is for every dive you receive a ticket to spin a wheel. More tickets for longer dives. That way if you spin up a pulley, at least you almost got the gem prize, better luck next time. Moreover it didn't take an hour to find out.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Please, no wheels. I hate those like the plague, as they are always rigged to give the least useful prizes. Time after time you end up just to the right or left of the big prize. No, no, no, no wheels.

I wish they would go back to the format of a list of dives that fits within the event window with a couple hours to spare, with the big dive coming last (so we can start the dive and go to bed) and always giving something of real value. This one hour dive after one hour dive system just feels so aimless. And yes, way too often we get nothing better that a single pearl or pulley. My last event that's pretty much all I got, except for one 7 gem dive and one dye dive.

When you consider that the much maligned dolphin topiary is worth 75 gems, the rewards now are truly dismal.
Last edited by BethM on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
BIrdFeeder

Postby BIrdFeeder » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:42 pm

I'm really enjoying this new dive format. I find that I am accruing more gems, karma and stickers than ever before. I also feel that the pressure has been lifted so that I don't feel compelled to closely watch the time to make sure to start a dive again. I can start when I feel like it. And it's no big deal if I miss a dive or two or end early because I know that the dives will be back in a couple of days. Though maybe every second day is a bit much. I understand that perhaps those who have a ton of people helping their dives may not appreciate this new format but for me it is working very well. But the people assisting us are also giving us rewards even if it isn't a dive time reduction. I also don't mind the occasional small rewards as what would be the point of scoring big each and every time. The Salvage Shop is a lot of fun though I wish they would change up the flowers and maybe offer shells or something else that is small as well.
Farmville: Tropic Escape: KTE-OCYV
Funky Bay: Friend request through FB: Margaret Grozny
Diggy's Adventure: Friend request as above
Game Center: Bird-feeder

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”