Island Prices Changing

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Site Admin
PiratePlum

Island Prices Changing

Postby PiratePlum » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Ahoy Trademasters! Have you heard the news? A new update is coming to Paradise Bay soon! (You can read more about 1.6 here.) We wanted to let you know about some rebalancing we did as a result of these changes.

Since the addition of Carl’s Cabin will make obtaining map pieces easier than ever, we will be increasing the number of map pieces needed to unlock islands. Some islands will now require the rare “Secret Passage” map fragment found only at Carl’s and purchased using more common map pieces. This will help keep the game balanced and fair to those players who have already unlocked islands.

We realize that some players might currently be working toward unlocking a particular island. As such, we wanted to give you a heads-up so you have time to open your island up before the changes occur. The new update will be available soon, so be sure to unlock your islands now!

Thanks for your understanding, Trademasters!
PiratePlum

cdnguy

Re: Island Prices Changing

Postby cdnguy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:17 pm

so those of us that have all the islands have to re-open them?

Tier 10
denadel

Postby denadel » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Will we need to pay to access our already-unlocked islands we bought for cheaper?
Game Center >> denadel_
Level >> 50
Wishlist >> Chilis, Blueberries (updated 9/5)

Working on getting peacock stickers 3/10 - I'm not sure if this will ever go up :cry:

cdnguy

Postby cdnguy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 pm

denadel wrote:Will we need to pay to access our already-unlocked islands we bought for cheaper?
thats what it sounds like. i hope not.

Siobhan

Postby Siobhan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

That's rude

Site Admin
PiratePlum

Postby PiratePlum » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:36 pm

No, you will NOT need to re-open islands. :)
PiratePlum

cdnguy

Postby cdnguy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:52 pm

then how is the changes "being fair and balanced"? cause the way it looks it makes 0 sense.

Tier 3
Kaetian1

Postby Kaetian1 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:15 pm

So is Carl's cabin now the first island to be unlocked?

As I remember when I first started playing the game and having to collect map pieces, Carl was very stingy regarding the blue maps and I depended a lot on world market to collect those other pieces. From what it sounds like, people may be hoarding map pieces from now on to collect those golden maps. How will that work for new players.

Also will you need to re-open the relic ruin island periodically? It kind of sounds like it since you will need these golden map pieces or will these be used to unlock future lslands...I'm so confused...lol
70 - Karma 82k
Treehouse & windmill storage maxed
working on silver & gold pets & levelling Clara & Sheena
Prestige completed, Ghost canon aquired,4 relics & ghost book completed, Pumpkin, GBH, friend-ship & bunny maxed 15

Tier 13
Emilyk6

Postby Emilyk6 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:37 pm

I think pirate plum is saying that with the introduction of Carl's cabin from 1.6 forward it will be easier to get maps. So once you download 1.6 the islands you haven't opened will require more maps to open than they previously did. You won't have to reopen islands.

We could see in the video how at Carl's we can trade up yellow maps for red, red maps for blue, and blue maps for special maps. This will make the red and blue maps easier to get in my opinion since it's super easy to get yellow maps...then you can go to Carl's and trade them.

1) open as many islands as you can before the update.

2) THANK GOODNESS for this because hopefully the WM will be less littered with "toilet paper" (yellow maps) after 1.6.
GC ID: emilyk6 (add me)
Level 55

Wish list:
~Level 51 (check)
~a real life spicy mocha (check)
~Clara to go live with the Great Mole in the Sky. (Still waiting :roll: )

Tier 13
Emilyk6

Postby Emilyk6 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 pm

A lot of questions are also answered here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18241
GC ID: emilyk6 (add me)
Level 55

Wish list:
~Level 51 (check)
~a real life spicy mocha (check)
~Clara to go live with the Great Mole in the Sky. (Still waiting :roll: )

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”