Is This TradeFest a Lot harder?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Mika9

Is This TradeFest a Lot harder?

Postby Mika9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:23 pm

I started off with 2 nice requests that I was able to complete right away...and then the next 3 offers all wanted me to collect multiple items from mills that would take 2+ hours to make each and required me to gather multiple items before making them. I deleted them all and had a 1 hour wait time and 20 gems to seed up. I had the same wait time last round, but at least the requests were fairly easy to fill. This time, the requests are just ridiculous and the majority seem to be collecting things from mills.

Usually it never asks me to collect complex things until tier 4-5 and I fly through these tiers. This time I'm completely stuck at tier 2 and only lasted about 10 minute before running into this major hurdle.

Is anyone else having a hard time with this trade fest?

Edit: The challenges are now much easier and all the items I had to collect at the beginning was probably a string of bad luck. I don't think they tweaked the system to give more "collect mill items" challenges
Last edited by Mika9 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gc ID: Mikaaa0407
Currently: level 50, daily player, looking for friends
WTB: platinum, sap, mushrooms, ores and anything that grows on trees/bushes
WTS: Sushi, clothing, jewelry and tinker goods

AimeeK

Re: Is This TradeFest a Lot harder?

Postby AimeeK » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:34 pm

I blew through the first two tiers and am almot done with 3. I had a timed request right away that was worth 50 hearts so that was one level alone. It does look like with the increased wait times it will take longer this game.

Good luck all!

Tiffanys

Postby Tiffanys » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:37 pm

I agree that this one is a lot harder. Not only because of the increased wait time but the things that are being requested. Wishing I was a lower level right about now. All these items take several hours to make.

Bobo1

Postby Bobo1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:44 pm

It is harder by the longer waiting time. One hour,seriously?!!

But what I think is worse is that prizes are worse than inthe previous trade fests:( not motivating !!!,
Lvl 75

Latte counter:
3000 for 3yrs of PB :lol: (28.08.18)
2740 (20.04.18)
2341 (30.12.17)
1938 (11.10.17)
1640 (14.07.17)
1240 (30.11.16)

Tier 6
Purplecat

Postby Purplecat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:45 pm

I've had some fairly easy things and a few harder ones which take longer. I was very lucky in that I had a couple of items stacked on my mills that corresponded with the requests from Horatio .... definitely more luck than judgement. :) The long wait time is depressing though. However I'm halfway through Tier 3 and planning to plug away in the early days to allow enouh time to complete the harder Tiers.

Good luck everyone.
Level: 75 (Android),
Google+ name: Jutta Beer

Tier 4
alteo

Postby alteo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Had 3 straight trade post requests. Time challenge ws for 3 seashells in 15mins, luckily I had the baskets in storage.
Island name: Alteo
G+ id: AlTeo88
Level: 80

Too many pets, too little space.
Too much gold, too few things to spend on.

Bibliophile1230

Postby Bibliophile1230 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:49 pm

im having the same issue. And this one hour wait time is absurd. Plus, the only good prizes are the treats and bunny. I'll still play though bc it's an easy way of leveling up. But still. Disappointing.
GC bibliophile1230
Level maxed

Gingergal

Postby Gingergal » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:50 pm

I am usually a plug away slowly in last couple of levels but I am on level 6 already as I found the points awarded for each thing completed was a lot this time around. Usually the more you do tasks that you have done before means 5 points sometimes at end levels but so far breezed through it.

I am very disappointed in prizes except for bunny, no one buys blue gems from me normally with so many in last 2nd tier, market will be over run with them, wish there was an option for you to choose platinum or gems
Lvl 65
feeding 36/38 pets (not pelican or kraken) still to get koala and tiger.
Got both prestige items.
Maxed ghost ship level
Farm name and GC not working - Irnbru4u

Tier 4
Louisejane

Postby Louisejane » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 pm

I think an hour is too long to wait for an event that's only a week long. With work and other commitments I personally find trade fest challenging enough without the longer wait time.

Also, I agree with the others who aren't feeling the prizes. I love the bunny but not sure why an Easter theme is needed for something that will be there for the whole year. Also I would prefer the decorations to not be part of the pets. The habitat sizes are getting ridiculous and space is such an issue now. Also, i was secretly hoping for tools for the other trade fest items or gems. :lol: :lol:
Gc name: ~+~louisejane~+~
Level: 62
my favourite part: pet collecting.
My worst part: levelling up characters

Tier 2
Indodutch

Postby Indodutch » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:35 pm

I was flying through the first 3 tiers and collected the first decor item : carrot patch.
Tier 4 started somewhat harder but nothing to worry about!

God luck to all of you!
Last edited by Indodutch on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lvl 80 Peter de Adelhart Toorop
Karma 631+ K
63 pets incl Pcock,LBirds,QCrab,Panda,Bunny,Orca,Koala,Shark,Clam,Lama,Turtoise
HHouse,STree,Astrolabe &8 Artefacts
Location HOLLAND
Trade your way through Paradise Bay!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”