Trademasters' Lounge! OLD THREAD

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 17
Modernflowers

Trademasters' Lounge! OLD THREAD

Postby Modernflowers » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:52 am

mindz wrote:Trademasters' Lounge

This is for Trademasters who are active Market/Export traders, where you can meet, add friends, talk and do Real Time Trading. Since there is no in game chat. The old threads are over 50 pages now, so here is a clean one.

This is not a begging thread for pearls and map pieces, so please read the whole first post and see how we work here, thank you.

No Begging or Bartering for rares, go to the Trade Request forums for that.

This Thread is for helping each other NOT helping so you get something back.

We try to keep a light, and thankful tone here that encourages a fun "room". We will not tolerate bashing, begging, or rudeness!!! Everyone here will bend over backwards to help you if you keep this in mind!

Please also read the FAQ on the Paradise Bay website or Paradise Bay Wikia to answer questions about when certain Bazaar recipes, crops or trees become available.
You can find the FAQ here
You can find the Paradise Bay Wikia here

How We Work Here:
For easier transaction please go into your forum signature and fill in the following in your signature (via the forums User Control Panel), put the following if you can:

Game Center ID:
Level:
Alternate Name: (if your GC ID doesn't match your Apple Account Name)
Wish List:

Note: In game some times your name will be the name on your Apple Account and not the Game Center ID (my game fluctuates between the two), so you may want to show your alternate name too or rename your self in the apple account. Please do not ignore this it is really hard to find you if your GC ID isn't showing and with 500ish neighbors on top of that. Feel free to censor for privacy by having initials or only first few letters of the name.

We’ve noticed that people are starting to post “lists” of what they want. Although it might seem like it’s easier to list everything you are looking for, the reality is that it’s difficult to trade like this.

1. If you post 6 things you want and 6 different traders can help you, you have now manipulated the thread to you going to 6 different traders to complete your trade. And this is assuming you don’t have storage issues and don’t need a mule. Anyone who posts after you is in the middle of your trade and if THEY post 5 things, now we have 20 posts on 2 peoples’ trades. It gets overwhelming very fast.

2. What works best? If you post only what you need to complete a single item on your board. For example, if you post “WTB 1 paint palette”. Then traders can post to helping you on this item.

3. You’ll notice this works REALLY well when asking to complete a higher volume trade, especially for a harder to find item. For example “WTB 4 paint palettes for a crate.” 1 person might offer 2, and then 2 other people can offer 1. You have 3 people involved in a trade and each person gave up what they were willing to trade and you got all your items…EVERYONE is happy. There are still a lot of posts to help you but we consider this manageable. This type of trading becomes discouraged if that original request for 4 paint palettes is followed by 3 spicy mochas, 5 shrimps, 2 crabs and 2 rafts. It's very difficult to help because it's going to involve a lot of posts on top of each other.

4. Which leads to HOW TO USE THE WISHLIST. The wishlist was never intended to be a blanket statement (ie cacao, sap, mushrooms). It was meant to be a location that you used to put things you asked for, but which NO ONE at the time was able to help you.

So if no one could help you with the paint palette, you would put “1 paint palette” in your wishlist and then ask for your next item. This avoids comments like “seriously? No one has any paint palettes to trade? I can give fruit to compensate.”

This is an example of what Hollow absolutely wanted to avoid in this thread. This is not a barter group….it’s one way trading. You are helping because you want to help and are not obligated to help. And offering goods in exchange goes against the original tone.

It also trains people who log on after you to look in your wishlist. I know this seems unsatisfiying but it really did/does work as old timers in this thread can attest to. You log on, people are posting, you see what they have been looking for and you offer off the wishlist. Quite frankly it becomes the FIRST thing you do as you log on to the thread…. either look back a couple of pages or just watch the posts going forward…..whatever is in their wishlist is what they have been looking for but have not found. It also makes you keep your wishlist dynamic.

We don't want people reposting their amended lists every 15 minutes. Ask for something, if you don't get it, put it in your wish list and ask for something else.

And yes, there are a few people who don’t trade but are here to help. You can put cacao in your wishlist and leave it at that….but for you ACTIVE traders, the wish list is a constantly changing entity for your assistance.

We hope this helps everyone! We should have addressed this sooner with all the new traders in the thread. We couldn’t figure out why the trading was overwhelming at times. And why some posters are reluctant to help at times because the “lists” are too demanding. Please help your fellow traders and ask for a smaller amount of things. Think “consecutive” trading and not “concurrent” trading. You will also find that many more people will be on here and willing to help.

As the 2 temporary mods in this thread, you will see us post publically to “please read the original thread post regarding lists” so that everyone is aware. Mindz will amend the original post. Should you find this happening when we are not around, please route people to the first post as well. We are confident that if we go back to smaller trading there will be less issues overall. Repeat offenders will be addressed privately via PM. If anyone has any questions please PM either of us for assistance.

PLEASE NOTE: We have added SAP and CACAO products to the list of "rares". They are harder to get and keep on hand. Everyone above level 40 is struggling with these products. Please show respect to one another and do not BEG for these items. Make it known ONCE that are looking for them. And if anyone can help, they will volunteer.

Hollowness wrote: Our Acronyms:

WTB = Want to Buy
WTS = Want to Sell
GTMM = Go to my Market and Message
GTMMABC = Go to my Market and Buy Cotton
BSWR = Buy Something When Ready
RIYM = Ready in your Market
IYM = In your Market

Karma Races:
Place your Karma totals in your sig for Karma Tally see who has collected the most Karma as a friendly competition.

Helpful Posts:

Level 25+ Listings: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=547

New player Tips: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=133

How to Add neighbours via Game Center:

Go to the App that looks like this: Game Center

Click the Green Request button. Click the + sign on the right side of the left column. Add the user's Game Center ID and Click Send.

How to visit a Neighbour's Island:

Click the Bottom Blue Button on the Right side (make sure you have Neighbors first). Swipe/Scroll to the desired Neighbors and click. From here you can explore their island, go to their marketplace and buy, or collect karma points by clicking on the karma animals.

For doing a dock trade, go to your neighbor's market, and message them to let them know you are there and ready! Try to make the message quick (this is why we use acronyms like RIYM) so your game doesn't refresh, and then stand ready to collect when they post the item! A little tip - with the bigger world market, and the new lag time, it is best to open and close your friend's market repeatedly to keep it close to real time, and this way you won't lose your item to someone on the world market! Buy your trade item, and then please come back to the forum and thank that person!
Many of us use the buying a single cotton as a signal that we are there and ready. This can really help so there's no confusion as to whether the person on the other side is ready or not!

If you are helping with Seals they'll be an Orange Exclamation Mark beside their name. Then go to their Island, then their Seals and Click the Dive Spot that is marked with an exclamation mark.

Misc:

Also I set up a Paradise Wikia: Paradise Bay Wiki
Feel free to contribute, I am with out wifi for a while but I have started it but if anyone is ambitious I am sure it help. It comes with a chat, but I don't know if it is mobile friendly: Chat

Mindz and Modernflowers will be taking over Trademasters' Thread and it's moderation for me (Hollowness) at this time.
Last edited by Modernflowers on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game Center ID modernflowers
Alt name: Y----- Ya---- or Nicolina
Level 75 :lol:
Time zone EST the Midwest baby!
iOS
Facebook Modern Flowers

Tier 17
Modernflowers

Re: Trademasters' Lounge! Please read first post.

Postby Modernflowers » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:54 am

OK. GO!!!

I'm going to keep this bumped because I cannot amend the title thread of Mindz's last thread.
Game Center ID modernflowers
Alt name: Y----- Ya---- or Nicolina
Level 75 :lol:
Time zone EST the Midwest baby!
iOS
Facebook Modern Flowers

Tier 10
Josidob

Postby Josidob » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 am

Well good morning fellow traders & thank you Modern for our new thread :D

It's 6.36am here & I'm having trouble sleeping :roll: but I just had to be first to post on our new thread :lol:
GC 43Josi
Level 56
Saving for :
Wish List : a shed load of money in my game :lol:

Tier 10
Josidob

Postby Josidob » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:16 am

Anyone had a stubborn mole? I think one of my moles has gone on strike :shock: he/she blatantly refuses to take a backpack from me :?

Maybe my backpack material just isn't up to scratch :lol: :lol:

I have reported the said offender & hopefully either my material quality will be improved or the mole will be sacked & replaced by a less stubborn one :D
GC 43Josi
Level 56
Saving for :

Tier 10
Josidob

Postby Josidob » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:57 am

Josidob wrote:Anyone had a stubborn mole? I think one of my moles has gone on strike :shock: he/she blatantly refuses to take a backpack from me :?

Maybe my backpack material just isn't up to scratch :lol: :lol:

I have reported the said offender & hopefully either my material quality will be improved or the mole will be sacked & replaced by a less stubborn one :D

The said mole in question is now back at work :D I slipped him a pearl to keep him quiet ;) :lol: :lol:
GC 43Josi
Level 56
Saving for :

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:48 am

Good morning! Thanks for the new thread, Flowers! Josi, I've had some difficulty with game functionality too. Had to beat my chameleon to pieces yesterday to feed him. One field wouldn't harvest until I rebooted.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 6
Purplecat

Postby Purplecat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:55 am

Afternoon all. Hope you are all well. I have been having issues too. A crab that won't be tapped by my surf shack and stubborn bamboo refusing to be harvested.

I have a question, and sorry to post it here but I did a search and couldn't find the answer. I've been playing my iPhone game this morning and noticed that nine of my GC friends are showing ... not one. The gane recognised me as purplebengal when I opened it. I'm on an old iPhone so wonder if it is finally out of date or if it is just a Game Centre issue ... any ideas? I am selling pearls but no-one is buying :shock:
Level: 75 (Android),
Google+ name: Jutta Beer

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:00 pm

Purplecat wrote:Afternoon all. Hope you are all well. I have been having issues too. A crab that won't be tapped by my surf shack and stubborn bamboo refusing to be harvested.

I have a question, and sorry to post it here but I did a search and couldn't find the answer. I've been playing my iPhone game this morning and noticed that nine of my GC friends are showing ... not one. The gane recognised me as purplebengal when I opened it. I'm on an old iPhone so wonder if it is finally out of date or if it is just a Game Centre issue ... any ideas? I am selling pearls but no-one is buying :shock:

Did you check to see if you got logged out of GC? It happens sometimes for no apparent reason. My friends all seem to be present and accounted for.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 6
Purplecat

Postby Purplecat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Must have been a glitch Jess because everyone is back ... phew! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am all OK on the Android stuff but never used GC before now.
Level: 75 (Android),
Google+ name: Jutta Beer

Tier 12
HuacaFlora

Postby HuacaFlora » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi there!

WTB 1 needle ; 1 bottle ; 1 ukulele ; 1 lens
Game Center ID: HuacaFlora
Level: 57
Wishlist: a pair of sunglasses and flip-flops

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”