Bronze Pet Stickets STILL NOT USABLE

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 7
Oblio98

Re: Bronze Pet Stickets STILL NOT USABLE

Postby Oblio98 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 am

Livinez wrote:BTW, I do often sell maps and dyes, but as someone else mentioned...as soon as you sell one too many of these; that’s when they’ll release more stickers. :?
Hmm...what to do, what to do? :roll:

In the words of Shakespeare...
To sell or not to sell...that is the question.
Tis nobler in the mind to free your storage of such useless items
or by hoarding; one day use them?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what the old time PB players say Liv, "Remember the Pumpkins!" :lol:

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:15 am

Livinez wrote:I’m in the same boat! :roll: I still need 417 stickers but unfortunately...

I don't want to turn this into a contest, but… (Besides, you've been buying Event Chests!, that's cheating!) :lol:
(Edited to add: These are the ones I still need stickers for.)

Oblio98 wrote:
Livinez wrote:In the words of Shakespeare...
To sell or not to sell...that is the question.
Tis nobler in the mind to free your storage of such useless items
or by hoarding; one day use them?

You know what the old time PB players say Liv, "Remember the Pumpkins!" :lol:

Last edited by DragonDiscipleD on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:30 am

DragonDiscipleD wrote:I don't want to turn this into a contest, but… (Besides, you've been buying Event Chests!, that's cheating!) :lol:

Yes...between my 5 islands; I was lucky to have found several of those purple event tickets in the WM. :D And besides, [unless you’re using some sort of hack or jailbreak] there is no such thing as cheating in PB. :P
To my knowledge, no such hack exists.

Trust me...it is tempting to purchase those now that I have the 550 PB. The thing that keeps me from it is the thought that as soon as I spend the gems; they’ll make them available somewhere in the game. :roll: :lol:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Postby bBadkitty » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:47 am

Isn't that what you want? Or shall I say they want from us. I collect only so many then sell the rest . I pick and choose my hoards, sometimes not by choice.
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Tier 2
Geordiedog

Postby Geordiedog » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:47 am

Yes please do something about this problem. It would make the game so much more enjoyable again. Even if, as someone else suggested we could trade a number of bronze tickets for an event chest similar to how we do for maps.
Level 75 :D
Gc ID: Geordie-dog

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Rant warning.

BethM wrote:Assuming the pets and stickers were put in this game in the first place to add to the entertainment of playing, I am baffled the way the devs seem to have abandoned any attempt to sustain that entertainment. IMO there is no joy in a forced march thru TF bonus tiers.

This. I appreciate that it can be difficult to adapt a game to cope with higher level players. however the devs seem to have decided that the way to keep older players playing and paying is just to make things more difficult. What that means is that people who are unable to play all day, every day, end up unable to complete many events. I don't have the meerkats as a result. Things do actually have to be possible for the average player, not just for the high flyers or people start to walk away.

I didn't start right at the beginning, I came in just after the first year, but in that time I've seen multiple beta experiments that have given newer players huge advantages, while older players are ignored. We even had to ask to get the extra storage that newer players were given for free and which gave them much faster and easier progress than we had and ultimately far larger storage space. Now we get more and more recipes in mills, increased demands from TP and boats but no extra mills or fields, so it becomes increasingly difficult.

When I started many people got a huge amount of pleasure out of decorating their islands but the endless stream of new pets means that once they get past about level 50 (your mileage may vary, that's just a personal view from observation) simply don't have the space to do that any more, and that aspect of the game disappears.

We now have almost non-stop events which means that many people feel stressed by the pressure to try to keep up because it has become an endless scramble. It's all very well some of the comments about "you should just relax" but for people who are competitive by nature it can be a very real pressure and being lectured by those who clearly think they are superior because they don't get stressed by it is infuriating. And whilst this might sound like a moan, it is galling to see newcomers being able to acquire items and pets that we had to work darned hard for or pay substantial amounts of gems to buy. To high level players, having items that are exclusive actually matters sometimes, especially when many other areas which could give pleasure are removed.

Another point is that the devs seem to have lost sight of the fact that people like helping each other. Build events now are the only place that happens, and the amount of help you can give others is still pretty limited, the rewards to the recipient are very small indeed and the main reason some people give to others (I've seen chat on various Facebook groups) is for their own benefit. Dives now give little to the person whose dive you "help" whereas under the old system helpers could really make a difference, and again, it's set up primarily to give the giver a benefit. When I joined part of the pleasure was in being able to interract with others, of looking past the usual divides of race, religion, language and more and seeing friends who you could help and who could help you. Now the biggest reason for "helping" has been turned into one of purely selfish gain.

And then there is the piggy bank which is a blatant attempt to get people to spend real money. Which is fine in one way because they are a commercial company who need to make a profit, but making it so grossly unequal just makes for bad feeling. I occasionally buy a batch of gems but seeing my offer cost me double the price per gem as some other people inclines me not to buy any gems at all. (Those of us outside of the US tend to be offered prices that on the current exchange rates work out a heck of a lot more than the dollar price, the US price currently seems to be set at $2.99 and my UK £2.99 is the equivalent of nearly $4. The Euro price also comes out at around $4).

And then there are the stickers, as has been very eloquently expressed by a number of posters already.

Tier 3
SarahCR

Postby SarahCR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:Rant warning.

BethM wrote:Assuming the pets and stickers were put in this game in the first place to add to the entertainment of playing, I am baffled the way the devs seem to have abandoned any attempt to sustain that entertainment. IMO there is no joy in a forced march thru TF bonus tiers.

This. I appreciate that it can be difficult to adapt a game to cope with higher level players. however the devs seem to have decided that the way to keep older players playing and paying is just to make things more difficult. What that means is that people who are unable to play all day, every day, end up unable to complete many events. I don't have the meerkats as a result. Things do actually have to be possible for the average player, not just for the high flyers or people start to walk away.

I didn't start right at the beginning, I came in just after the first year, but in that time I've seen multiple beta experiments that have given newer players huge advantages, while older players are ignored. We even had to ask to get the extra storage that newer players were given for free and which gave them much faster and easier progress than we had and ultimately far larger storage space. Now we get more and more recipes in mills, increased demands from TP and boats but no extra mills or fields, so it becomes increasingly difficult.

When I started many people got a huge amount of pleasure out of decorating their islands but the endless stream of new pets means that once they get past about level 50 (your mileage may vary, that's just a personal view from observation) simply don't have the space to do that any more, and that aspect of the game disappears.

We now have almost non-stop events which means that many people feel stressed by the pressure to try to keep up because it has become an endless scramble. It's all very well some of the comments about "you should just relax" but for people who are competitive by nature it can be a very real pressure and being lectured by those who clearly think they are superior because they don't get stressed by it is infuriating. And whilst this might sound like a moan, it is galling to see newcomers being able to acquire items and pets that we had to work darned hard for or pay substantial amounts of gems to buy. To high level players, having items that are exclusive actually matters sometimes, especially when many other areas which could give pleasure are removed.

Another point is that the devs seem to have lost sight of the fact that people like helping each other. Build events now are the only place that happens, and the amount of help you can give others is still pretty limited, the rewards to the recipient are very small indeed and the main reason some people give to others (I've seen chat on various Facebook groups) is for their own benefit. Dives now give little to the person whose dive you "help" whereas under the old system helpers could really make a difference, and again, it's set up primarily to give the giver a benefit. When I joined part of the pleasure was in being able to interract with others, of looking past the usual divides of race, religion, language and more and seeing friends who you could help and who could help you. Now the biggest reason for "helping" has been turned into one of purely selfish gain.

And then there is the piggy bank which is a blatant attempt to get people to spend real money. Which is fine in one way because they are a commercial company who need to make a profit, but making it so grossly unequal just makes for bad feeling. I occasionally buy a batch of gems but seeing my offer cost me double the price per gem as some other people inclines me not to buy any gems at all. (Those of us outside of the US tend to be offered prices that on the current exchange rates work out a heck of a lot more than the dollar price, the US price currently seems to be set at $2.99 and my UK £2.99 is the equivalent of nearly $4. The Euro price also comes out at around $4).

And then there are the stickers, as has been very eloquently expressed by a number of posters already.

I like your rant 8-) Very well said!!! I hope they read it and do something with it...
FB profile: Sarah CR. New friends always welcome :D
TS code = DPGWNF

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:11 pm

I like her rant too. Great points and things that king should have considered all along and should consider now.

Tier 2
kever

Postby kever » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Another place where our chances of getting a sticker has been diminished; today I received 2 red dye from Croaking Springs, instead of a pet sticker. Basically, I spent 5 red dye to get 2 red dye. That’s fun.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 pm

I think once you start getting anything other than a sticker or Primo pet food from the Friendship wish, it means you won’t ever get stickers there anymore until they update the list to add more. So the chance of stickers there hasn’t just diminished for you, it has disappeared altogether, at least for the time being.

I don’t understand why they don’t just keep giving the Primos at that point, or do players in this position also have no use for those and hundreds in storage?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”