Will anyone play till the end?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Rebelangel

Re: Will anyone play till the end?

Postby Rebelangel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 am

Well said Desert Duo and I too am here till the end too...granted we are not working towards anything anymore but I love,this game and am so sad to see it end...I have enjoyed all the comments in the forum, all the help and tips given...I guess I am hoping,that someone else will buy it or somehow it will survive...best game I have ever played....will miss you guys and hopefully will see you again....market is being stocked.

Disneygail

Postby Disneygail » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Katieakakathat wrote:Like most people, I have been playing this game since day one and to say I'm devastated is an understatement. This is the only game I have ever played and I will admit, I am and will have to say I was addicted to it. I have spent quite a small amount of money on it over the years, just buying a few gems here and there and I have used the fourm for help, although I've never posted on it until now, probably because I was too busy playing the game. This game, like so many other people, has helped me through some hard times and anyone saying " get over it, it's just a game " , well perhaps they have another crutch to fall back on. I mean, everyone has something in life, drinking, smoking, eating, overworking, travelling, etc... and this, like so many other people was my little get away...

I truly can't believe my little island will be gone, as will my friends, even though I never really new them and we never spoke... and considering that there are so many King games that are really just the same thing, well I just don't understand why our little community has to be the one to go, especially when there seems to be so many people playing it and still spending money on it....

Well I will try and play on till the end and I will still keep helping where I can... even though it seems like most people are selling up and moving on already... I do say I kinda feel like a vulture buying items from people selling up and I haven't seen the market awash with what I would call " good items" for years. It is with a heavy heart that I buy them and if people think that's sad, it's a game, get over it, then so be it... I'd give anything for the market to be awash with just ink again, if it meant we could continue playing our little game

Paradise Bay was not just a game, it was a community and I wish I would have joined the fourm ages ago, as I will miss reading the regulars chat and using there advice....

Hopefully not everyone will give up immediately and I really wish they come up with a way to keep it going, weather the game is sold to another company, or they charge us a fee to play.... I for one would pay a fee to continue playing if we had the choice.....

So fingers crossed we somehow get the choice and Paradise Bay continues....

I am plaguing till the end an I Sam buying up all the good items too an I took screen shots of my island last night so I czar always look black on my island an all my animals this came was my crutch as well an I was searching to find another game like this one an there is not so I am very sad I hope there is a Miracle an the game stays

Tier 4
Neen

Postby Neen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:19 pm

DesertDuo78 wrote:I will be here till the end and I am one of the ones selling good stuff in the market today.

But it is not with the intention to 'just' close up shop and move on... my sales are at minimum to help others get as much out of their little paradise in the few remaining weeks.

I've really enjoyed playing this game for over 3-1/2 years. I thought we would survive but according to press releases through the last year, Activision dropped our game to advance their war games like 'Tour of Duty'. Sad that there wasn't enough room in their company for a family game.

So, if you happen to find me in your cycle of the WM, enjoy the items and know that a lot of us are still here helping as many as we can before the lights go out.

Sad tears tonight for all of us.

Desert Duo my dear friend! What a blast we’ve had, this was such a good ride. So well put x

I too will be selling off everything in the hope it will help others, rough calculations show I have about 19000 items stacked :o

Let’s end this with a WM party ❤️❤️
FB: Neen Paradise. Feel free to add me :)
Uk

Tier 2
RetiredOlGirl

Postby RetiredOlGirl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:35 pm

I too have played this game from the beginning and am selling everything off at the cheapest price to help others advance their game. One other thing I’ve been doing is buying axes, hammers and shears at Sita’s and selling them. Hopefully some people can clean out the dead trees and bushes from their island before they take their final screen shot.
Everything has a life cycle so all good things come to an end and sadly this is the time for PB.

Katrina376

Postby Katrina376 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:28 am

I’m also selling everything cheaply to help those on lower levels advance & see the story unfold on their own
I’m trying to remember key items to sell...can anybody help?

Tier 3
DesertBlue

Postby DesertBlue » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 am

Will absolutely play to the end! At least until the last few minutes. My pets are depending on me to keep them fed and happy. Those last few minutes will be hard knowing that they will be going away forever. Started taking screenshots today but I will sure miss seeing them move and hearing their sounds.
Now that the shock is wearing off will crank up the mills tomorrow and do what I can to help others.

HereKeeKee

Postby HereKeeKee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:00 am

I’m with you, Katieakaakathat . . . This game has been my escape from years worth of tragedies and various losses — truly my little happy place. I’ve never stuck with one game so long, I think it’s been 2 1/2 years. I’ll certainly play till the end — well, if I can “get over” the heavy sadness now associated with it. I was already buying more gems in these last six months – but I would still pay a fee to keep up with the game as well. Sigh. Beyond heartbroken :_-(

Jagcheerleader

Postby Jagcheerleader » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 am

Despite a HUGE sense of loss and frustration at PB coming to a close, I believe that I'm going to stick it out, playing until the end to get pets I've missed out on or didn't quite get enough stickers to "purchase ." It makes me sick to think that soon my favorite game of all time is coming to an end. I started playing video games with Pong and have played now for about 40 years. I've probably spent enough quarters in hs and college to buy a small vehicle, and I don't mean a Matchbox. The past 16.5 years have been very hard due to chronic debilitating daily pain. My health has steadily declined, but I've had countless hours of great fun in virtual worlds of many types. My escape has been video games. The past few years PB has helped me get thru many very tough days and nights since I could escape into this beautiful virtual world of a tropical island that I made into my own little getaway. I 've very much enjoyed helping my island friends on their dives, looking at their design ideas and creativity, and feeding snacks to their pets. I've been blessed to have a group of PB buddies that helped me too. Thanks to everyone responsible for Paradise Bay and these great forums too. Now it's time to finish strong, playing a great game until it's gone. :roll:

MrBS3

Postby MrBS3 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 am

I probably would have played to the end, but now the game starts up then immediately closes. Maybe I have bought too many concrete paths to cover the island!!

Squid3392

Postby Squid3392 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Hello,
My first forum post, I will check in until the end to help others with dives etc.... However, I have now focused on FarmVille Tropical Escape. My Farmiville Tropical Escape code is FK7L-IHYL “Sneaky Pete’s Paradise Bay”.
To keep the PB memories, I used my IPad’s screen record function, instead of screen shots. I created a 20 minute movie of a tour of my PB island, showing all my pets and features. This function also captures the sounds and animations. In the end I have a nice keepsake of my hard work in creating my cool island paradise.
Finally, thanks to all my PB friends. I hope to see you on FarmVille.
Cheers,
Squid3392

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”