No pearls

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
islandgirl7

Re: No pearls

Postby islandgirl7 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Maybe if enough of us reported it they might look into it...? Although I read of someone else's experience where they did report it and just got the generic, canned response.
GC: Kizzy82
Level: 35
Wish list: platinum & gems

Tier 15
Hollowness

Postby Hollowness » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:09 pm

As said by one of the Mods on the Forums Fishing is not the only way to get pearls. You are not suppose to get them too easy they are rares. Between Helping Friends Seal Dives (back to back) and Fishing they flow almost too easy. I got up to 17-20 one day (early/mid 30s), 2-5 on a casual day (10 water resources), good day 5+, and yes still some days 0.

The problem is (and it isn't really a problem), is in the 20s you still level pretty fast in, the level 30s it is more balanced and you have more resources so you are able to buy recipes even before you need them a lot of the times. I see a lot of posts saying people bought recipes and can't find them cause it is that far away in their level range. But in the level 20s especially 20-28 you are level a still at decently fast rate and have 4 recipes at 12 pearls a pop, so it can seem like it is unfair- when it really isn't.

First make sure the recipes you are saving for you can even use!
http://paradise-bay.wikia.com/wiki/Cate ... ar_Recipes
Also Powder keg you only ever need 3 currently so if you can buy the Kegs instead of the Recipe you save your self big time (that is what I did).

Good to note Dreadbird offers Gold Rings and Style Isle offers Sarongs, I have not made 1 Gold ring since unlocked Dreadbird's Fort. And never am in a panic for any Island outfitter items with Style Isle.

And lastly calm down, the funniest thing I noticed about this game is you may need that item at first but you have no idea how many days or even levels I go not needing some of these recipes after a couple levels. I rarely get asked for Stained Glass/Fruit Smoothies/Gold Ring in the level 30s and 40s. And considering how fast the level 20s go you are over panicking. You are not suppose to get every boat trade- pretty much at any level, so don't worry if you do!
Game Center ID: HollownessDevoured - Level: 52
Paradise Wiki here!
Also Playing My Singing Monsters, if you try it credit my friend code please! Code: 42035296KI

Tier 2
Suzif

Postby Suzif » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:20 pm

I disagree HollownessDevoured. I'm level 40 and I have all available sea resources for my level. I find that it's all or nothing with pearls. It's either you get offered them on every dive you do and grab loads from turtles and otters, or its 1 per day if you're lucky. I join lots of friends dives too. I'm lucky as I don't need them just now and I'm selling whatever I get to help those who need them.
Btw. I was asked for 3 stained glass, 4 Pom punch and 4 smoothies all on separate boat trades earlier at lvl 40. I guess it's different for each of us :)
Game Center id : suzi-f
Level 55

islandgirl7

Postby islandgirl7 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks for sharing your take on the pearls Hollowness :). I have been able to buy the items that require pearls to unlock on the markets and via trades, and that has been working for me. Just because it's available in other locations doesn't mean that I shouldn't try to unlock the item. I'm not in a rush to do so but this is how I prefer to progress in the game. The issue wasn't necessarily with getting the item, it was trying to gauge whether there was a glitch or something.

I don't think anyone was "panicking" because of the lack of pearls. I personally was unsure of whether there was a problem and decided to chime in since I saw someone else express the same issue.
GC: Kizzy82
Level: 35
Wish list: platinum & gems

Tier 15
Hollowness

Postby Hollowness » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Suzif wrote:I disagree HollownessDevoured. I'm level 40 and I have all available sea resources for my level. I find that it's all or nothing with pearls. It's either you get offered them on every dive you do and grab loads from turtles and otters, or its 1 per day if you're lucky. I join lots of friends dives too. I'm lucky as I don't need them just now and I'm selling whatever I get to help those who need them.
Btw. I was asked for 3 stained glass, 4 Pom punch and 4 smoothies all on separate boat trades earlier at lvl 40. I guess it's different for each of us :)

I get days with 0-1 too, I mentioned that but a day of grinding I got as good as 17-20 (but that was only once, 15 another time), but if I was to average it out 0-3 daily is normal for everyone across the board, good days 2-5.

BUT! I noticed Seal Dives have been touchy lately (past month) I had lost many chests and just don't have as much seal dives as I did the first month of playing, so I think they reduced Pearl chance on Seal Dives (as well as Axes). I couldn't breath for Pearls and Axes in August (which was when I was getting 15-20 pearls 2 different days).

The odd day I get asked too but I go many days not being asked for level 20s Bazaar items. It was like in my level 20s Stained Glass was one orders almost daily or multiple times daily. And I have done 1,800+ dock trades.
Paradise Wiki here!
Also Playing My Singing Monsters, if you try it credit my friend code please! Code: 42035296KI

Tier 2
Suzif

Postby Suzif » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Hollowness wrote:
Suzif wrote:I disagree HollownessDevoured. I'm level 40 and I have all available sea resources for my level. I find that it's all or nothing with pearls. It's either you get offered them on every dive you do and grab loads from turtles and otters, or its 1 per day if you're lucky. I join lots of friends dives too. I'm lucky as I don't need them just now and I'm selling whatever I get to help those who need them.

I get days with 0-1 too, I mentioned that but a day of grinding I got as good as 17-20 (but that was only once, 15 another time), but if I was to average it out 0-3 daily is normal for everyone across the board, good days 2-5.

BUT! I noticed Seal Dives have been touchy lately (past month) I had lost many chests and just don't have as much seal dives as I did the first month of playing, so I think they reduced Pearl chance on Seal Dives (as well as Axes). I couldn't breath for Pearls and Axes in August (which was when I was getting 15-20 pearls 2 different days).

The odd day I get asked too but I go many days not being asked for level 20s Bazaar items. It was like in my level 20s Stained Glass was one orders almost daily or multiple times daily. And I have done 1,800+ dock trades.

You're lucky! I still get asked for all level items a lot! Today it varied from roses, cacao, dark chocolate and compasses to sails, thread, stained glass, punch, smoothies, lots of cutlery etc. not to mention a ridiculous amount of sunfish and Golden Fleece! I'm really hoping the game settles soon as I can't fill the special items because GC makes my game crash and I've used my own allocation of stuff.
Level 55

Tier 15
Hollowness

Postby Hollowness » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 pm

islandgirl7 wrote:I don't think anyone was "panicking" because of the lack of pearls. I personally was unsure of whether there was a problem and decided to chime in since I saw someone else express the same issue.

I been on the boards 2 months almost daily and the exclamation No Pearls post are common almost daily and many are followed by a post where people can't find the recipe they unlocked cause it is too high for their level range (where is Golden Skeleton Key, Steel Pan Drums, etc.).

Going from one post with people with 1-3 water resources saying they only get 1 pearl 1-3 days is actually a proper Pearl drop rate for that many water resources. Then another were people can't even see the recipe grayed out that are that too low of a level for the item, I feel the panic of "where my pearls?!?!?" to "where is that recipe now?!?!". It looks like a panic on the boards as a whole, I don't mean you guys individually are overly panicking.

Some people just have rotten luck Suzif has been one of them, she has been one I do remember having a hard time with Pearls since the beginning (but see she did manage to get all the recipes). Sad thing is with RNG (random number generator) which many games use some people get the bad end and some people don't. If you get the bad end even if chances are increased it still doesn't mean your guarantee more just the statistics increase.

I have fished my 10 animals and got 3 pearls in 1 go, did the same thing all day with 0. Just the way stats and your luck goes. Heck when I did WOW, I got items that had 0.60% or less drop rate all the time, when some people could spend years never getting 1. But then I'd sometimes never get items with a 20% drop rate, that is RNG!
Last edited by Hollowness on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradise Wiki here!

Tier 15
Hollowness

Postby Hollowness » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Suzif wrote:You're lucky! I still get asked for all level items a lot! Today it varied from roses, cacao, dark chocolate and compasses to sails, thread, stained glass, punch, smoothies, lots of cutlery etc. not to mention a ridiculous amount of sunfish and Golden Fleece! I'm really hoping the game settles soon as I can't fill the special items because GC makes my game crash and I've used my own allocation of stuff.

Oh I get asked Sails/Sarongs/Rafts/Fish Stew and the Level 30+ Bazaar items non stop but for some reason the level 20s Bazaar recipes just not so much. And so I keep a reserve of Stained Glass, Gold Rings, Fruit Smoothies etc, and no one hardly asks for them on my Trade thread. But most of the people in my thread are level 30s.

I do get asked for ridiculous amount of Sunfish/Rainbow Fruit/Etc. or items that take 4-12 hours to make but that is why I keep a reserve (like I try to keep 5 compasses at all times) but the past 2 days non stop trades asking for compasses. Trading in the forums is a saving grace or I'd think most people would have to just deal with 'you aren't going to get too many boat trades done' (especially with how carp-py the World Market variety is).

Heck, I played the game with a 70 tree house till like level 30-31 till I finally started getting upgrades. No one has perfect luck in RNG (drop rate) games.
Paradise Wiki here!

Tier 2
Suzif

Postby Suzif » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 pm

I do the same thing HollownessDevoured . I keep 3-4 items each of tinker, jeweller, music, bakery, clothes etc. I keep my sushi topped to 4/5 of each, same with stews. Hard on storage but at least I only have to make or look for 1 or 2 items for trades. I'm doing ok for storage though. Almost 190 treehouse and 200 windmill. I suppose what I've lacked in luck with pearls I've gained in storage bits :)
Level 55

Tier 15
Hollowness

Postby Hollowness » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Suzif wrote:I do the same thing HollownessDevoured . I keep 3-4 items each of tinker, jeweller, music, bakery, clothes etc. I keep my sushi topped to 4/5 of each, same with stews. Hard on storage but at least I only have to make or look for 1 or 2 items for trades. I'm doing ok for storage though. Almost 190 treehouse and 200 windmill. I suppose what I've lacked in luck with pearls I've gained in storage bits :)

Yeah you did way better than me with storage- I am finally about that now and I am about a sneeze away from level 45.
Paradise Wiki here!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”