An Off Topic Thread

Talk about anything you'd like in here
Tier 12
JoannaK
Posts: 3332
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:44 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby JoannaK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 am

Kittykatz wrote:Well you guys must be getting the luck of the Irish, St. Patties Day is coming around soon. :D


Don't know who that is, but wouldn't mind to be in his favour if he brings luck :D :lol:
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)
Top

Tier 16
Kittykatz
Posts: 9046
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:35 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 am

JoannaK wrote:
Don't know who that is, but wouldn't mind to be in his favour if he brings luck :D :lol:


In North America it will be St.Patricks Day on March 17.

In our game, that's when we got that pot of gold, and four leaf clover bush.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8719
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm

JoannaK wrote:
Kittykatz wrote:Well you guys must be getting the luck of the Irish, St. Patties Day is coming around soon. :D


Don't know who that is, but wouldn't mind to be in his favour if he brings luck :D :lol:


St Patrick is a patron saint of Ireland credited with establishing Christianity there in the late 4th or 5th century. The tradition of celebrating this day came to the US with Irish immigrants. We are quick to go all in on a good holiday when we see one, even when it involves eating cabbage. There is also a lot of beer drinking involved.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Tier 15
J1st
Posts: 6673
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby J1st » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 pm

We still have some support for the forum, it appears. Last night, we had a rash of Chinese / Korean postings for fake university diplomas, and today they have been removed. Thank You PB support for the clean-up.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/
Top

Tier 16
Kittykatz
Posts: 9046
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:35 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby Kittykatz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:03 pm

J1st wrote:We still have some support for the forum, it appears. Last night, we had a rash of Chinese / Korean postings for fake university diplomas, and today they have been removed. Thank You PB support for the clean-up.


Image
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Top

Tier 16
Kittykatz
Posts: 9046
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:35 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby Kittykatz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:46 am

Serene, I know you mentioned something about a birthday today.......Is it your birthday?........If so,

Happy Birthday!! :D

Image
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Top

Tier 4
joaniechris
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby joaniechris » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 am

Shrippers wrote:
J1st wrote:Glad to see some activity from PB for an update on the salvage shop, hopefully, it will calm so fears. Also, someone posted about the wiki not being updated, and I wanted to remind everyone that the wiki is maintained by our friends Shrippers and Piipou, not by PB staff, FYI.

They only added another couple weeks to the Salvage Shop, and I suspect you will find it’s just a copy of a few weeks ago, nothing new. There’s not been much to put on the wiki since theees not been much planned. We’ll try to keep you posted as best we can.

Thank you, Shrippers.
GC name: joaniechris
Top

Tier 6
Serene
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby Serene » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Kittykatz wrote:Serene, I know you mentioned something about a birthday today.......Is it your birthday?........If so,

Happy Birthday!! :D

Image

Hi Kitty, yes, birthday was yesterday (Friday) and thank you!

What a fabulous cake :o If I were presented with that cake, I wouldn't want to eat it :D
Current level : 80
Operating on Windows 10
Location: South Wales, UK
Top

Tier 12
JoannaK
Posts: 3332
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:44 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby JoannaK » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:18 pm

BethM wrote:
JoannaK wrote:
Kittykatz wrote:Well you guys must be getting the luck of the Irish, St. Patties Day is coming around soon. :D


Don't know who that is, but wouldn't mind to be in his favour if he brings luck :D :lol:


St Patrick is a patron saint of Ireland credited with establishing Christianity there in the late 4th or 5th century. The tradition of celebrating this day came to the US with Irish immigrants. We are quick to go all in on a good holiday when we see one, even when it involves eating cabbage. There is also a lot of beer drinking involved.

Oh yes, now I remember someone told me that last year as well :lol:

We have (almost) a saint for every day of the year :roll: but there are maybe 20 that are major ones, meaning they are celebrated in homes and one that is national celebration (besides Easter and Christmas, but then there are two of those, Catholic and Ortodox). Those that are celebrated at homes are kind of personal saints, protectors, and each familly pass it on to next generation. It is big celebration for familly on which they invite all the friends and relatives. So since the middle of autumn till the begining of spring, there are celebrations. It dates back to times when people had nothing to do between harvesting and planting, Christianity only integrated those in to relegion giving them new names. That nationall one is about a Serbian prince, educator, who brought literacy to common people in 13th century, wrote first Serbian Constitution and biult Hilandar, Greece, most important Serbian monastery. Serbian people built one of the biggest church buildings in the World in his honor, in Belgrade, which we call Temple of St.Sava, (english speaking people are call it Church of St. Sava) which is still unfinnished inside (exept for the crypt and dome). There is also a Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava in New York, USA, churches of St.Sava in London,/England, Ontario/Canada, Paris/France, Vienna/Austia, Stockholm/Sweden....

One interesting info, today is a 3th day of march of year 7527 by old ortodox calendar :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)
Top

Tier 12
JoannaK
Posts: 3332
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:44 am

Re: An Off Topic Thread

Postby JoannaK » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Happy birthday Serene :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)
Top

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”