Support beam

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Candybuzz

Support beam

Postby Candybuzz » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 am

I've been waiting for someone to offer a support beam in a port trade, but I haven't seen a single support beam since last week, when I upgraded to the point where I need one. What gives? I don't want to pay 50 gems just for one support beam, but it's starting to feel like the devs are trying to force my hand.
GC ID: DivinaBathala (Add me!)
Level: 28
WTB: powder keg or black powder

Thyestes

Re: Support beam

Postby Thyestes » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 am

You cannot trade items that are used to increase storage. You'll have to be both lucky and patient. You will eventually get them from traders who visit your port. Or you might find them inside a treasure chest. Good luck!
Gamecenter ID: Thyestes
Current level: 28

Candybuzz

Postby Candybuzz » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Yes, that's why I've been waiting for it in the port trades (not in the world market). Frustratingly, I already have a truckload of pulleys, plus enough gears to upgrade twice, but still no support beam. Is anybody having the same problem?

Tier 8
Zieroh

Postby Zieroh » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:44 pm

I have never, ever managed to accumulate all the pieces necessary to upgrade storage. Not even once. I've always run out and become stuck long before I found all the pieces, and had to spend gems.

Getting us to spend gems is actually the whole point of the game.
Level: 70

Zeiggen

Postby Zeiggen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Hola,

Storage is always an issue and you really need to manage your stock. Collect items that are essential and also items that take long to make - push out stock as soon as you can. Its really a delicate dance to make money by trading at the market and with boats, fulfill the trade requests through the trade post and keep a reasonable stock.

Be patient in spending jewels to get to the upgrades - they do come through treasure chests hidden around your island and through trade offers at the dock.

Z

Candybuzz

Postby Candybuzz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:09 am

Zieroh, do you check your port trades? What level are you? In my game, one type of storage upgrade item is very common (pulley or crates), the second type is uncommon (gear or treehouse stilt), and the third is rare (support beam or treehouse stairs). I have personally never seen a support beam in any port trade. I might have to suck it up and spend gems if I still don't get one by next weekend, but I can manage my inventory until then.

Corvix

Postby Corvix » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Yes it can be frustrating, but I assure you they do appear. Make friends, keep buying and selling, and rolling the dock trades through. Maxing out your dock spaces(4 docks) can really help too. I have 110 item and 130 harvestable storage and havent spent a single gem on it. Wont happen in one day, but they will come.
GC ID-Corvix M
Level 31
Wish List- A million doll hairs

Returned from the dead. Ish.

Candybuzz

Postby Candybuzz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks, Corvix. It's reassuring to know that suport beams aren't just some mythical item that the devs want us to buy. I'm pretty glad it's for the windmill as I find my stock of harvestables easier to control. Hopefully, the next few days bring support beams to my port.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”