Grand Holidays Event!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
BethM

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby BethM » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:09 am

J1st wrote:There is nothing different than any of the other friending events from the past. You had a certain number of "things" you could harvest, typically 3 from each item, for a given number of times. Then then turned into ornaments and you could be satisfied with that or purchase a next set with gems. This is nothing new in any way. In fact you can harvest six times this time, and previous times it was only 5, so we get an extra harvest.

I think I have pretty consistently been getting 6 harvests from these builder items in previous events, though I know there always seem to be some people who get less.

I don't like:
- that there are only 2 things we can make to feed the carousel,
- that once again they are using cacao, a scarce resource for many people,
- that there is way too much emphasis on Trading Post, the most boring of all orders,
- that there is way too much inconsistency in Gingerbread return for order size and difficulty. We get one or two for ridiculous orders, then 4 Gingerbread for 6 boards . Too many orders being deleted as nonsense.

Otoh, gotta love this

Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:17 am

To clarify:
With these events, there has always been a limit on how many times a sharing decor/mill can be harvested, and the max harvest is 6 times (3 sharing items each harvest, meaning each decor/mill yields 18 sharing items total).

The first sharing item of the likes that was introduced was the Friendly Flower Pots with the Friend Ship event. Sharing was a new concept then, and it was not a forever item, meaning if you harvested it the last time, it died and disappeared. Many people decided to only harvested it 5 times, so that they could keep it as decor.

The next event (the Grand Egg Basket), and all events since, PB changed the sharing decor/mills to stay forever as decor once the final harvest was done.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

gilesluver

Postby gilesluver » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:42 am

Is the event over or not? I see six more days listed but can't get any more coco fountains.

Jennawocki

Hot cocoa fountain

Postby Jennawocki » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:51 pm

What happened to the fountain? I can no longer make or give hot cocoa

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 pm

How many do you now have out? They usually limit how many of these we can have at one time, typically five.

I am currently working only two fountains and they are still available under my crop tab.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Amberli3515

Postby Amberli3515 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:59 pm

I cant find the carousel. Ive looked everywhere including the builders menu. Nothing.

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:27 pm

mauimonkey wrote:To clarify:
With these events, there has always been a limit on how many times a sharing decor/mill can be harvested, and the max harvest is 6 times (3 sharing items each harvest

I've always thought that was a particularly nasty thing for PB to do and it is clearly intended to get people to spend more gems. I've had several occasions where I got only 4 or 5 harvests but unless you keep count you may well not notice.

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:29 pm

gilesluver wrote:Is the event over or not? I see six more days listed but can't get any more coco fountains.

Are you at your max for coco fountains?

You’re only allowed to have 5 “live” coco fountains at the same time.

(unless you bought the special, where if you already had your 5, you could actually have 7 “live” fountains)

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:To clarify:
With these events, there has always been a limit on how many times a sharing decor/mill can be harvested, and the max harvest is 6 times (3 sharing items each harvest

I've always thought that was a particularly nasty thing for PB to do and it is clearly intended to get people to spend more gems. I've had several occasions where I got only 4 or 5 harvests but unless you keep count you may well not notice.

I agree, it is totally possible that someone may not get max harvests for whatever reason. I simply was clarifying what we are supposed to get. And I also agree that if one does not keep track, they may not notice the difference.

I just bought my second set of coco fountains and am taking screenshots and keeping track, for the specific reason of people mentioning not getting all harvests. I'll report back here if I do not get the max harvests. I suggest anyone concerned do the same. If you do not get the max harvests (6), then PB will gladly credit you what you are missing. But remember to take screenshots, which will also have a time stamp on them in your photos. This would be your evidence to PB, which is required. Without evidence, PB will not credit anything. Hope all goes well and everyone gets all harvests! Happy carousel building friends! :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

MaeGT1925

Postby MaeGT1925 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 am

C... and all I get is a standard form letter nothing...an someone tell me how to get the carousel.... We only got 6 days left ... I've submitted 4 tickets... I have received no gingerbread at the Trading Post, no gingerbread at the boats. there is a serious problem here. I've Reloaded The Game twice and still nothing. I got the Coco Stan, but not the carousel there's something seriously wrong here somebody needs to check it out and get back to me. I spent a lot of money on this frustrating game and believe me I'm frustrated right now. Somebody help me

Return to “Announcements”