Grand Holidays Event!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 3
DesertDuo78
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby DesertDuo78 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:01 am

Does anyone know (or can hazard a guess) if when the Carousel Event ends, and our Carousel is maxed/completed, if the stored gingerbread will continue to be 'a treat for our Carousel? Or just an obsolete storage item?

I've got 5 days left on my completed Carousel with 18 stored gingerbread in my banner, 5 pending Trade Orders with gingerbread, treasure boxes popping up awarding me MORE gingerbread, and Boat Orders with gingerbread...!!!

PB won't let us gift it like our coco cups, won't let us sell it on WM to help others... what are we going to do with it??? Do we delete the orders until the event ends?

Before I get deeper in gingerbread...does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks!!!
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)
Level: 80
Location: Arizona, USA
Top

Tier 15
J1st
Posts: 6673
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby J1st » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:38 am

The gingerbread will always give gold and xp when fed to the carousel, even when it is maxed out. You’ll not lose anything. In all previous events of this type, there has always been one item that has been reserved just for the player and cannot be gifted. For this event, it is the gingerbread. My suggestion is to not use the lattes or dark chocolate and use the gingerbread where possible. I made about 10 of the lattes and chocolate to use as fillers for going to the next level, then concentrated on the gingerbread. That way I can sell/trade/gift the others and still level up my carousel. If you start running short on time, then use all three, but there is still a lot of time in this event, depending on your play time. IMO.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/
Top

Tier 3
DesertDuo78
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby DesertDuo78 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 am

J1st wrote:The gingerbread will always give gold and xp when fed to the carousel, even when it is maxed out. You’ll not lose anything. In all previous events of this type, there has always been one item that has been reserved just for the player and cannot be gifted. For this event, it is the gingerbread. My suggestion is to not use the lattes or dark chocolate and use the gingerbread where possible. I made about 10 of the lattes and chocolate to use as fillers for going to the next level, then concentrated on the gingerbread. That way I can sell/trade/gift the others and still level up my carousel. If you start running short on time, then use all three, but there is still a lot of time in this event, depending on your play time. IMO.


Thank you. This great information will help others complete their Carousels. And yes, concentrating on the gingerbread (and generous friends gifting me) for the last 6 levels really helped to finish my project. Now I'm helping several players level up their projects by buying extra coco mills.

My question centered around the huge amount of gingerbread I was still acquiring through the continuing event trade/boat orders. I'm very relieved to hear the gingerbread will still be used once the event ends.

Thank you, this is great news!!
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)
Level: 80
Location: Arizona, USA
Top

africkus
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:53 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby africkus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Question: I see this nice Christmas-lifeguard house at other players’ islands. Was this a reward or did I miss it when you could purchase it?
Top

Gammymom10
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:56 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby Gammymom10 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:25 pm

Why won’t the Hot Covcoa machines work anymore?
Top

Tier 11
mauimonkey
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm

africkus wrote:Question: I see this nice Christmas-lifeguard house at other players’ islands. Was this a reward or did I miss it when you could purchase it?

It was a reward in the most recent trade fest at the begining of December, the one that also had the arctic fox.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes
Top

Tier 11
mauimonkey
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Gammymom10 wrote:Why won’t the Hot Covcoa machines work anymore?

Have you already collected the max amount of coco already? The max harvests allowed is 6 times, and each harvest yields 3 coco per mill.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8719
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby BethM » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:44 am

The appearance changes when it is finished. If it has the extra detail of the one on the right, it has finished its last harvest and become a decoration.

Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Tier 15
J1st
Posts: 6673
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby J1st » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 am

The trick is the marshmallows in the cocoa. If you have marshmallows in your cocoa, it is a decoration and not a mill.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/
Top

africkus
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:53 am

Re: Grand Holidays Event!

Postby africkus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 am

mauimonkey wrote:
africkus wrote:Question: I see this nice Christmas-lifeguard house at other players’ islands. Was this a reward or did I miss it when you could purchase it?

It was a reward in the most recent trade fest at the begining of December, the one that also had the arctic fox.

Thank you!
Top

Return to “Announcements”