World Market Fix has been Released

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 5
Checkers420

Re: World Market Fix has been Released

Postby Checkers420 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 am

I don't know the problems you fixed, but there's still problems. Half to 3/4 things I click on to buy tell me they are no longer available. Not once in a while but every since I've played and if you look I've been here from the beginning. It use to be helpful to buy but for a long time it's the same 3 things. Tools for a while, then some fruits, now 3d slot items by the truck load. I know you can't make people sell what you want but man does it get tiring looking at the same things all the time. At one point it was gold rings. But if it's not got a sold sign on it then let us buy it.

MargaritasNtheSand

Postby MargaritasNtheSand » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 am

Ok who were the dumba$$e$ who reported the glitch that went on for 3 hours this evening?!!! I could cut cacao and all those time sonsuming crops every 9 minutes. But thanks to YOU that didn’t last long! I could fill buckets with mushrooms, honey, and sap in 9 minutes too. All the mills were producing most items in 2 minutes!!! What the Helllllll is wrong with you telling them about that! Thanks ALOT!!! i was about to be the greatest Trademaster in Paradise Bay!!!

MargaritasNtheSand

Postby MargaritasNtheSand » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 am

I agree — that problem still exists — when an item appears available - it really isn’t and has been long gone. You visit their island and all the slots are empty! Also - what’s up with the latest dive? All the watering cans and presents collected at the end were all worthless since the holiday event was already over. Everyone was selling them including me, don’t know why anyone would have wanted them. The only good thing that came out of it was the doubloons and the colored dyes. There’s never enough of the dyes to use for the wishing wellspring island.

Checkers420 wrote:I don't know the problems you fixed, but there's still problems. Half to 3/4 things I click on to buy tell me they are no longer available. Not once in a while but every since I've played and if you look I've been here from the beginning. It use to be helpful to buy but for a long time it's the same 3 things. Tools for a while, then some fruits, now 3d slot items by the truck load. I know you can't make people sell what you want but man does it get tiring looking at the same things all the time. At one point it was gold rings. But if it's not got a sold sign on it then let us buy it.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:16 am

MargaritasNtheSand wrote:Ok who were the dumba$$e$ who reported the glitch that went on for 3 hours this evening?!!! I could cut cacao and all those time sonsuming crops every 9 minutes. But thanks to YOU that didn’t last long! I could fill buckets with mushrooms, honey, and sap in 9 minutes too. All the mills were producing most items in 2 minutes!!! What the Helllllll is wrong with you telling them about that! Thanks ALOT!!! i was about to be the greatest Trademaster in Paradise Bay!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Relax, you still could be the greatest Trademaster in Paradise Bay, right after I retire. ;)
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 2
polanka221

Postby polanka221 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:34 am

World Market is much better. My only complaint is that NONE of my friends seem to show up. I still show my old Game Center friends in the friend bar and I have eight “friended” islands, but none of them seems to be selling anything in the market, not even the active players. Seems a bit strange.
Current Level 79
GC ID: polanka221
Island Janet with same avatar

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:39 am

polanka221 wrote:World Market is much better. My only complaint is that NONE of my friends seem to show up. I still show my old Game Center friends in the friend bar and I have eight “friended” islands, but none of them seems to be selling anything in the market, not even the active players. Seems a bit strange.

With the new increase in storage, a lot of players that used to sell on a regular basis, don't anymore. They have the space to just keep it for themselves. I would suggest to visit your friends markets, and see if they actually have anything in their Wesley's. I think you will find that they don't.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 am

I hope that everyone realizes that the moment you select the WM, you and several thousand, or tens of thousands of other players are doing the same. And, while the computer servers may select a group of 8 to 16 different markets for you, taking your friends list as a priority, there are many factors that make that list almost impossible from the start. Your friends may have selected to sell very desirable items, and everyone will want them. They may have also included lower tier items, like cotton or bamboo that appeal to lower level player players that can only collect from those markets. This is why when you see something that you want, 50 other players may have already attempted to purchase it. One of them may have beat you to it, and it is already gone. When you say to want to purchase it, that is why the computer looks to see if it is still available. It isn't PB's fault that 100 others wanted it, and asked for it a tenth of a millisecond before you. This is a very popular game, and it has it's drawbacks, but I still love playing it. And my challenge is to make it work for me when I go to the world market.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 am

EvelynC wrote:World market working great now ... Thank you.
However, the result of this FIX is the complete loss of ALL my Google friends.
The joy of p!aying the game is lost without my friends!
I do not have a Facebook account, nor will I be creating one for this game.
Sadly, I guess it's time to move on
Evelyn C
Luv2cre8 lvl 75

Hey Evelyn :D I'm in your friend's list! I'm so glad you showed up in here to say you are the name behind Luv2sre8 as I wished to thank you so many times, for sooooo long, for your help on every event! Thank you so much! :D ❤ I think you still have me as you helped on my dive yesterday! I'm also from G+ but was never able to see anyone from there as I joined right after they changed it. Anyway, you still have ME! :D I know it isn't much, but there is a bunch of people connected to my island and I have pretty few friends on this forum as well, so we do talk here and help eachothers just like you were doing on G+. You can find me easily on "New off topic thread" every day :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

PiratePearl75

Postby PiratePearl75 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 pm

My market is back with ample sellers.
I agree with the other comments that there is a long delay in updating the sold items in the market.
I get that that there is a huge amount of data going in (selling) and out (buying) and to manage that in real time is an amazing (impossible?) feat, but this delay is more than just simultaneous clicking to buy (which happens a ton too).
There is delay in how quickly the refresh happens to update the market. This is not buying at the same time- that item has been sold x seconds earlier and still appears as available. I’ve done the same as Margaritas- I visit someone’s island market when there are 3-4 items in their market on my island- empty barrels at their place. They’ve had time to collect their money- I go back to my island and the items are still in my market!

Mahadeva

Postby Mahadeva » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:23 pm

J1st wrote:I hope that everyone realizes that the moment you select the WM, you and several thousand, or tens of thousands of other players are doing the same. And, while the computer servers may select a group of 8 to 16 different markets for you, taking your friends list as a priority, there are many factors that make that list almost impossible from the start. Your friends may have selected to sell very desirable items, and everyone will want them. They may have also included lower tier items, like cotton or bamboo that appeal to lower level player players that can only collect from those markets. This is why when you see something that you want, 50 other players may have already attempted to purchase it. One of them may have beat you to it, and it is already gone. When you say to want to purchase it, that is why the computer looks to see if it is still available. It isn't PB's fault that 100 others wanted it, and asked for it a tenth of a millisecond before you. This is a very popular game, and it has it's drawbacks, but I still love playing it. And my challenge is to make it work for me when I go to the world market.

This is a very good explanation of what is actually causing the delays, and we live with it for the fun of the game. but having played just as popular similar games like Hay Day for example where it doesn’t take 30 seconds to arrive to a farm that is selling something in the paper but less than a second,and where it works very well with selling and buying, visiting your friends and there are no glitches what so ever like the ones we have here with stuff and friends disappearing , then one starts to compare and think that if they can get their algorithms right why cant PB? Also, on the odd occasion a new thing needs tweaking it’s fixed within hours or days and not years, and any inconvenience for the players are immediately rewarded with a delivery of diamonds to your farm even if its just regular maintenance so that you feel compensated and content. In this game its on us to send in tickets for the same issues that have been going on for a long time, and doesn’t seem to be fixed ever, and a lot of players do not get back the items or friends they lost even if they send tickets.

Return to “Announcements”