PSA: Seal Diving on Break

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
BethM

Re: PSA: Seal Diving on Break

Postby BethM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 pm

If we play a lot and turn over a lot of boats, we should get at least three small boats with 2 or 3 gems each (occasionally even 5) plus 3 in a treasure chest plus 3-5 from the Giving Tree each day. They go fast when we start buying eternal trees, though, even faster if we want to indulge in buying boat parts.

I also currently get a lot of gems from diving and dive helping, and I wonder what will happen to those. If we will get only dive currency from diving and helping, then that is a big reduction in the rate the gems will accumulate, unless gems are among the items for sale in the new diving store. Hopefully, they will at least continue to toss out the unlisted bonus gems, anyway.

It would be nice if one of the first shipyard items offered is a new dive flag mast topper or decor. That way players without a ton of friends could outfit their boats and sail them around to let potential helpers know. The beauty of that approach is that if we visit and find the dive finished, it won't be PB's fault! We can only grumble about the players not updating their boats. (I think we would need to cut players some slack, though, for dives ending in the middle of the night or during the work day.)
Last edited by BethM on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Beth, if they offered a "dive sail topper" I for one would NOT put it on. too much for me to bother with and having to remember to change it constantly. but it would be nice if the new dives have updated indicators to let us know, say, in WM which sellers are diving and which are full so we don't go to them :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Tresa wrote:I'm just trying to stay positive about something that hasn't even dropped yet. :D

I apologize if my previous posts came off as negative. I figured it went without saying that this new feature is pretty cool and much desired. It’s just disheartening that whenever some ‘cool’ new feature final becomes available (Eternal Trees, Kibble Cafes, Year Pets, Seasonal Seals Otters Turtles Moles ) they want real world money.

I just wish they’d at least give us the option of using the “In Game” money we’ve worked so long to acquire?!
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Livinez wrote:
Tresa wrote:I'm just trying to stay positive about something that hasn't even dropped yet. :D

I apologize if my previous posts came off as negative. I figured it went without saying that this new feature is pretty cool and much desired. It’s just disheartening that whenever some ‘cool’ new feature final becomes available (Eternal Trees, Kibble Cafes, Year Pets, Seasonal Seals Otters Turtles Moles ) they want real world money.

I just wish they’d at least give us the option of using the “In Game” money we’ve worked so long to acquire?!

Keep pushing for it Livinez, the worst they can say is no. ;) :lol: :lol:
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 pm

I'm still waiting for the buy gems with coins feature. Hey, it works the other way around, why not both ways?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 2
NeedHelp

Postby NeedHelp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 pm

DarbysMom wrote:
Piipou wrote:Well Trademasters, the new diving system in on his way ;)
4 seals
4 possible rewards (BYOS elements)
Every week
Seals to by earned with gems or coins ?? no information for the moment.

Have fun :D

This sounds awesome! I really would like to see new prizes please. No more volcanic geysers or fish fountain please. I'd rather get map pieces than the little decorations I have a ton. I have a ton of map pcs too but I can use them for coins or pet stickers. I know the newer players love the the older decorations so I don't wish for them to disappear but maybe give us choices. Trademasters over so many levels get 1 item and the newer trademasters get another item.

Anyway, thanks for the great news. Can't wait to meet the new seals!

How do you trade map pieces for coins or pet stickers?

Tier 2
NeedHelp

Postby NeedHelp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 pm

DarbysMom wrote:
4 seals
Every week

This sounds awesome! I really would like to see new prizes please. No more volcanic geysers or fish fountain please. I'd rather get map pieces than the little decorations I have a ton. I have a ton of map pcs too but I can use them for coins or pet stickers. I know the newer players love the the older decorations so I don't wish for them to disappear but maybe give us choices. Trademasters over so many levels get 1 item and the newer trademasters get another item.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Ely321 wrote:Beth, if they offered a "dive sail topper" I for one would NOT put it on. too much for me to bother with and having to remember to change it...D

Eli, you can afford to have that attitude since your dives are always full of helpers.

A lot players don't have that luxury and would appreciate another way to attract helpers.

Sure, it would be even better if the game could automatically generate the dive anchor on avatars on boats and/or the WM, but the dive anchors work so unreliably even in the friend bar, I suspect it would cripple the game to try to add it even more places.

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 pm

NeedHelp wrote:
DarbysMom wrote:
4 seals
Every week

you can sell them on WM for coin or trade them up at Carl's and go on an adventure with the Commodore for pet stickers :D

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 pm

BethM wrote:
Ely321 wrote:Beth, if they offered a "dive sail topper" I for one would NOT put it on. too much for me to bother with and having to remember to change it...D

Eli, you can afford to have that attitude since your dives are always full of helpers.

A lot players don't have that luxury and would appreciate another way to attract helpers.

Sure, it would be even better if the game could automatically generate the dive anchor on avatars on boats and/or the WM, but the dive anchors work so unreliably even in the friend bar, I suspect it would cripple the game to try to add it even more places.

well Bitt, My dives are NOT always full, quite often i'm diving alone. but I do still keep an eye out for your dives to make sure i help yours out when ever i can :)

I just couldn't be bothered to have to "remember" to put the topper on and then "remember" to take it off when the event is over or have to "remember" to remove it if my dive is full for fear someone will be "offended" that I have it on irresponsibly. If I have a three hour dive, I will go and do something else in real life and to have to feel tied to the game to ensure "game etiquette" is too much, imo. if other care to use it, if it is available, that is their choice but it is too much for me to have to "remember".

:D

Return to “Announcements”