The New Dives are Alive!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 3
DesertBlue

Re: The New Dives are Alive!

Postby DesertBlue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:49 am

My cat really likes the new aquarium look to the dive screen. She’ll actually sit in front of my iPad and watch the seals and fish swim around for a bit :lol:

Tier 3
DesertBlue

Postby DesertBlue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:01 am

Regarding that “3 day offer” at the bottom of the Salvage Shop screen I am thinking it may not apply to the weekly boat parts maybe just the items available in the other 2 slots? At least I’m hoping that’s the case. With 24 hours between dives it's going to be difficult getting those 250 royal clams to get that boat hull unless my seal brings more than 4 or 5 clams on each dive.

Tier 4
Red626

Postby Red626 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 am

Kittykatz wrote:
Red626 wrote:I was watching the dive graphics....there’s two fish in love, a shipwreck, a fish that looked like it farted-but I think he was probably speeding up...really nice.

Lol...you guys go watch.....it was funny
Level 75
Tomorrow isn’t promised....love fiercely..laugh often

Tier 2
MarkCheetah

Postby MarkCheetah » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:58 am

Bibliophile1230 wrote:I also don’t see how I can invite friends to help me. When I click on the button that says I can do this, it’s all grayed out and no friends appear there nor does there seem to be a way to add them or invite them.

I am having the same problem. Can anyone offer an explanation? Thanks!

GlitterDoom

Postby GlitterDoom » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:06 pm

For AnchormanSteve

love the new dives ....

Could you please tell us how to invite people to our dive ?
Also ..

If my dive is about to start and I don’t click on it until the next time I’m ready will that be ok ?
Eg I know we can start our dive when we want but does the counter on how many hours we have left start and count down so we only get as many as we can in the time left on the counter

Thanks heaps
GC : shayshiajarr
Level 72

Tier 2
DebbieT77

Postby DebbieT77 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Nicely Done!

The extra navigation inside the dive interface was inspired. Adding another way to navigate that doesn’t slow down the main interface...totally bril. I’ve run a few cycles through the helper seals now and I’m starting to get the hang of it. Also inspired the way you’ve hung several new places to spend gems throughout the whole experience. And, since you’ve given us dive rewards that have actual heft to them (already I’ve acquired space additions to both the WM and the TH and one dive coughed up 69 gems !), the new places to spend gems is a bit under the radar.

Things I’ve noticed.

Because you can join one person’s dive event more than once, I tend to just send my seals back where they came from. It would be more social and get all of us out there more if you limited participation just a bit. Say, only let me join someone else’s dive 3 times? That would let me help my rl friends a ton and still have some bandwidth to pop into a stranger’s dive occasionally. Would make it more interesting if the prizes we got for helping were tiered (first help a tool, second help in the same dive a dye, third help a new car ;-) or something like that).

The dyes are like the hammers :-D. I give it about a week until dyes are cluttering up the world market like the hammers used to. I’m hoping that this is a precursor to giving us another speed boost (or three) on what we like to call at our house “The Fickle Frog of Fate” island. That would seriously rock.

I can already tell that it’s going to annoy me that we can only save up 400 clamshells at a time. Who cares if they pile up? Remove the cap please :-)

I already need 6 more seals ;-)

One of the best expansions that you guys have ever done. Can’t wait to see what the dive events look like!

Nicely Done!
It doesn't matter if your glass is half full or half empty as long as you have the rest of the bottle. :mrgreen:

Tier 3
JessicaC

Postby JessicaC » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 pm

I don't like the cap of 400 clam shells. Please remove it..
Facebook: Profile link note: yes, you have to go through another site called Rojkmao to get there
Level: 80
School & Chat

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:34 pm

MarkCheetah wrote:
Bibliophile1230 wrote:I also don’t see how I can invite friends to help me. When I click on the button that says I can do this, it’s all grayed out and no friends appear there nor does there seem to be a way to add them or invite them.

I think that box is populated with players who have helped you in the current dive event. If we are not diving, we can only see it via our helper seal at someone else's dive. it seems always to be empty when we are not diving on our own island.

So, when you help someone, your icon will appear in their box. It shows the anchor if you have a current dive. Helping lots of different players is a good way to get more helpers for your dives.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2
DebbieT77

Postby DebbieT77 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 pm

One more thing: I can’t run dives all the time so the new navigation bar is only available part of the time. How about making it available all the time? Reset it when I start the next dive event. But if it stayed available, then I could make better use of it.
It doesn't matter if your glass is half full or half empty as long as you have the rest of the bottle. :mrgreen:

Tier 2
MarkCheetah

Postby MarkCheetah » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 pm

BethM wrote:
MarkCheetah wrote:

I think that box is populated with players who have helped you in the current dive event. If we are not diving, we can only see it via our helper seal at someone else's dive. it seems always to be empty when we are not diving on our own island.

So, when you help someone, your icon will appear in their box. It shows the anchor if you have a current dive. Helping lots of different players is a good way to get more helpers for your dives.

Aha! Thanks for the info. I visited several friends' islands, but they didn't have any dives going on. I'm glad to hear that the anchor icon is still being used... I haven't seen it at all yet. Must be a coincidence.

Return to “Announcements”