The New Dives are Alive!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 12
Livinez

Re: The New Dives are Alive!

Postby Livinez » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 pm

@PB Devs
Given the low drop rate for the 2h Pet Stickers Dive...all pet stickers should be included; not just your go-to “select group” of Pet Stickers. Otherwise, remove it from the RDR equation for those of us who can’t get stickers out of it.

It’s beyond frustrating to finally luck up and get this chest...dive for 2 hours; then have it whip 2 or 3 Storage Pieces at you! :x
Especially when most of us can’t even use them to upgrade our Treehouse/Windmills due to reaching the storage cap!!! :roll:

Seriously...take the reins off the Pet Stickers already, for pity’s sake. :cry: :lol:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 am

Yeah!,

IMO they need to give storage upgrade pieces a total rethink now that so many players have so much extra storage. I am not at max but I have way more space than I need. I have so much empty space I don't bother expanding any more. With oodles of these parts akreafy, getting more us oretty pointless. Even without the dives, I get them from boats and pets faster than I can use them up, no matter how many third slot maps, pearls, and chests I buy.

Maybe They need to invent a new item of value to replace the expansion parts from some sources.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 am

I have a small question... I think I missed the small print on the announcement.

Is this 12 on/ 24 off diving event the new normal?
Will we see new Salvage items every Sunday for our weekly dives?

Or is this an event that is ending in a few weeks when the ship parts are all dispersed?

Trying to make a plan for this new frenzied pace of diving.
Thanks!!
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)
Level: 80

Tier 2
CKayKay

Postby CKayKay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 am

Helping seems to almost always result in stars for tools. I already have way too many of them! I wish helping on these dives would usually get a clam shell at least!!!

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:22 am

DesertDuo78 wrote:I have a small question... I think I missed the small print on the announcement.

Or is this an event that is ending in a few weeks when the ship parts are all dispersed?

Thanks!!

This was announced as the new normal. We dive for 12 hours, wait for 24, then can start again whenever we are ready. There is no longer any timer for starting. You can start as soon as it opens or wait until it suits you to start.

And yes, as I understand it, items in the shop will change out every Sunday. Ones you don't buy will show up again in a few weeks.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:32 am

BethM wrote:
DesertDuo78 wrote:I have a small question... I think I missed the small print on the announcement.

Thanks!!

This was announced as the new normal. We dive for 12 hours, wait for 24, then can start again whenever we are ready. There is no longer any timer for starting. You can start as soon as it opens or wait until it suits you to start.

And yes, as I understand it, items in the shop will change out every Sunday. Ones you don't buy will show up again in a few weeks.

Thanks ever so much for the clarification! :D
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)
Level: 80

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Visually pretty but game play is dull. The never ending nature of the diving makes it hard work. Yes I know I could choose not to participate but that really isn't the point. When you get a periodic event then a gap in between it remains fresh, this has already turned into yet another time-consuming task much the same as feeding pets or doing the rounds visiting other islands. The drop rate for shells and the price for buying items from the salvage shop mean that in order to buy items it is necessary to dive pretty much full time. It has also taken away any real sense of helping your friends, mostly due to the fact that helping does not reduce their time for a dive. There is no control over what you get as a reward either as a diver or a helper.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:13 pm

What I don't like is hour after hour of tending dives every few minutes. The diver and helpers may start out within a Few minutes of each other( depending on how long it takes to find active dive sites for them) but it isn't long before i need to stop whatever else I'm doing to deal with seals two or three times an hour. I really preferred the 3 hour blocks where we could close up and go do other things.

Tier 3
Doctor00z

Postby Doctor00z » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:15 pm

I really wish the drop rate for clamshells was higher, since they seem to be the whole purpose of the dives. For those of us who don't buy gems and didn't have a stockpile of them to buy the other seals with, it is nearly impossible to get enough clamshells to buy the weekly items. Especially since we don't all have a ton of friends that help us dive. I get maybe 1 or 2 people helping me per dive, which doesn't even always result in a clamshell.

SewButtons

Postby SewButtons » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 pm

I don’t seem to have a problem getting enuf clam shells, but wish there were some retro decos to buy if we don’t like the ship parts. Used to get the old decos dropped once in awhile... never see them now except in Retrofest. I have not bought a hull yet, so must be just my taste. I am helping constantly.
Joined October 20, 2017
Level 75 on iPad
All islanders except Clara maxed
All recipes except tapestry

Return to “Announcements”