Re: Ghost Ship Prize - Fix released!

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you AnchormanSteve and the team.

Tier 4
Red626

Postby Red626 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Tin64 wrote:Hi

So glad you were rewarded with stickers. I lodged a ticket and the basic reply was that’s the offer, go away. I noticed they the record disappeared and for one epic chest ticket, which is one pet sticker - 47 dabloons. This smile is why we get upset.

epic pet ticket gives you 7 pet stickers.
Level 75
Tomorrow isn’t promised....love fiercely..laugh often

Maddi

Postby Maddi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 pm

So, I don’t have the jukebox,except in storage, don’t want the jukebox. Play with sound off. I’ve waited all month for Ghost Ship reward and it’s a record that i’ll Never use. If I don’t buy the stupid thing and wait for another month, will the record ever go away? Or will it just sit there forever? More than a little upset!

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 pm

The record will keep showing up somewhere. I think rather than spend doubloons, I'd wait until Anya shows up at your dock with it. Even if you don't want them, you may as well fill her orders for the records. Getting them seems to be the only way to stop them showing up.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Anchorman Steve, please clarify one thing for us. For those of us who are stuck with the record offer, if we buy that record at GSC for 15 doubloons during the month of March, will we immediately get a new offer for panther stickers, first mate stickers, or an epic chest ticket?

So let me talk about this situation a little more. It's obvious to me that the people at PB decided offering the record was a bad idea. That is clear to me because they changed the programming so that anyone who hadn't looked at their offer yet got a completely new offer, whether they own it already or not. Furthermore, anyone who buys the offer now will get another better offer. This has never happened in PB history. That's why it's so obvious that PB decided it was a bad idea and is trying to make up for it. I also understand that there might not be anything they can do if the offer was already viewed, the programming might not let it change until that item has been cleared from the board or reaches its expiration date. But I could be wrong, maybe it is possible to clear that offer, but just isn't being done. They were able to clear the offer for those who owned it already and were offered it but didn't buy it. Let me point out that the issue here isn't being offered a bad prize there, the issue is the fairness of it all. If it were the same for everyone, then I would be content to just not buy the record if I didn't want to. But it is not the same for everyone, and that is why it is not fair for those of us who are stuck with the offer just because we had the nerve to look at what the offer was.

I'm also sure that everyone at PB has realized that a big mess can be made of making an offer at GSC when the item is offered in other places of the game. I'm of the opionion that GSC should only offer its special exclusive items as it normally has, unless a player has absolutely everything possible that has ever been offered there. I'll point out that I still need many many many first mate stickers, so an offer for that should have been appropriate for me.

Now, I'd much rather be a part of the solution than part of the problem. I'm not a natural complainer, but when there is unfairness, that is what gets to me. So please let me offer some ideas as solutions for those of us who are stuck with the offer, which I will point out again that PB thought was bad enough that they tried to eliminate the offer for as many players as the programming would allow them to.

Is it possible to lessen the doubloon cost for those of us who still have the offer? To maybe 5 doubloons? That would at least be more reasonable, and players might be more inclined to choose to buy the record to then get a better offer. I mean, 5 panther or 5 first mate stickers cost 15 doubloons, and a record is not worth that same amount. Again, please confirm how it will work if we do buy the offer, as I mentioned in my question above.

Maybe another solution is that you could send out more boats offering the record. The game knows who has it and who doesn't, so only those that don't should get those boat offers. Give us the opportunity to get the record another way, and then redo the "fix" in a week or two, which would then clear the board for us and we'd get a new offer.

And then what about people who are in my situation? Who didn't have the record when it was offer, who were unfortunate enough to look at that offer and therefor the programming wouldn't allow it to be cleared, and who then obtained that same record from a boat trade after the "fix" was released? I now own that record, so if I buy it at GSC to get a better offer, it will be a duplicate record. So what will happen with people in my same situation?

I really do appreciate everything that everyone at PB does for us. I do love this game, and it is very rare that I will complain about something. Again, it is only because of the unfairness. I appreciate your attention to this issue, and await your reply and solutions to the above questions. Thank you.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Shawn62

Postby Shawn62 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 pm

I got the epic - 45 doubloons.

That is really steep. I had cashed all my doubloons in for pearls.

Ladytrucker223

Postby Ladytrucker223 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Thank you for the fix!

jdyoder

Postby jdyoder » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:00 am

I'm glad they fixed this. Just wish they would have done the same thing when a bunch of us got book of secrets 3 for a second time.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:29 am

Anchorman Steve, I am reporting this here for a friend. They did not already own the record and they went ahead and bought it at GSC today for 15 doubloons because your instructions said that if someone did not own it and they bought it this month, that they would then get another offer....

"For a player that did not own the record before, but has purchased the record this month, they be offered Ghost Monkey Stickers, Panther Stickers or an Epic Pet Chest Ticket."

This friend did NOT get another offer. Now the board shows that the next offer will not be available to them for 27 days. So that "fix" DID NOT work.

Please answer my previous questions, and also let us know what will happen now, now that we know the information given to us as quoted above is incorrect. Many of us are still waiting for fairness and resolution on this issue. Thank you.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 am

jdyoder wrote:I'm glad they fixed this. Just wish they would have done the same thing when a bunch of us got book of secrets 3 for a second time.

I don't think we had anchorman Steve with us at that time, unfortunately.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Return to “Announcements”