PSA: Dives FAQ

Game updates and news from the Crew
Site Admin
AnchormanSteve

PSA: Dives FAQ

Postby AnchormanSteve » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:21 am

We've seen some common questions about Dives, and have answered some of them here! Please post more if you have further questions. :D

Q: Just noticed the items available at the Salvage Shop on one game are different than on the other? ipad had only the hull, flowers, flag. phone has that too but my pc has those plus the Double Gilded sail and Gilded hHlm. is that because the other games had already gotten those last two on other events so they aren't offered?

A: Anyone ship parts you already own will not be displayed in the Salvage Shop.

Q: How can my helper spend an hour on a dive that only has 37 minutes left?

A: Your Helper Seal will be free to assist as soon as that Dive ends.

Q: So if i don't finish the dive in the next 3 days 16 hrs it rolls over to the next weeks prize? If I finish before then does it roll to the next prize or do i wait until the 3 days 16 hrs before it rolls over?

A: You will have to wait until it changes in 3 days 16 hours.

Q: Helping friends is set at the same time regardless of where they are in their dive? so my helper seal is there for the next hour if, even on their end, they only have 10 min left? Just looking for the parameters of this new feature. So our helper seal may effectively be there for multiple of their dives?

A: When the Dive you are currently assisting ends, your Helper Seal will return to the Seal House.

Q: Is there any way to know the prize our seals come home with or are they a set number of clam shells per dive? or per time spent diving?

A: The Helper Seal rewards do not change based on how much time they spend diving.

Q: Why does my Dive Event say I have 12 hours, but the store says multiple days?

A: When you start a Dive Event it lasts for 12 hours and will return in 24 hours. The Salvage Shop inventory will change once a week and is not affected by Dive Events.

-Anchorman Steve

Tier 12
Livinez

Re: PSA: Dives FAQ

Postby Livinez » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks for all the clarification! I’m sure everyone was getting tired of my attempted pictorials. :lol:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

puzzles312

Postby puzzles312 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:00 am

AnchormanSteve wrote:Q: Helping friends is set at the same time regardless of where they are in their dive? so my helper seal is there for the next hour if, even on their end, they only have 10 min left? Just looking for the parameters of this new feature. So our helper seal may effectively be there for multiple of their dives?

A: When the Dive you are currently assisting ends, your Helper Seal will return to the Seal House.

-Anchorman Steve

I don't think this is true. If someone kicks off their dive event and starts with a 1hr dive, and my helper seal joins 50 minutes into their dive, my seal stays there for a full hour and does not return in 10 minutes.
The exception is when your seal joins in the last hour of the _dive event_ (not one of the individual dives during the 12hr interval). As covered in another Q/A, all helper seals are released when the main dive event 12hr clock expires.

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:38 am

:D
Thx for answering all our questions
:D

just a note, maybe others figured this out when i didn't, the avatars you see when in the dive screen you tap them and get rewards from the person that helped you dive. didn't realize that and when i did tap, i had to go through a few-thanks to everyone for helping :D and if someone joins you can tap them even if your only mid-way through your current dive :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:44 am

Does the dive start when your seal appears or when you tap the seal? In other words, did we get the grace period back?

I’ve noticed a fix that’s needed. When I collect all 4 helpers one after another, the first player’s name is also the last. Say I helped Joan, Somebody, Somebody, and Somebody. When my helpers come back, the names that appear are Joan, Somebody , Somebody, and Joan.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:19 am

Another question, since we only have 3 days to get enough clams to get the hull, any chance PB will offer it again at a future time?

And can we save our clams from one weekly event to the next or do we have to spend them or lose them?

thx, :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 am

puzzles312 wrote:
AnchormanSteve wrote:Q: Helping friends is set at the same time regardless of where they are in their dive? so my helper seal is there for the next hour if, even on their end, they only have 10 min left? Just looking for the parameters of this new feature. So our helper seal may effectively be there for multiple of their dives?

-Anchorman Steve

I don't think this is true. If someone kicks off their dive event and starts with a 1hr dive, and my helper seal joins 50 minutes into their dive, my seal stays there for a full hour and does not return in 10 minutes.

Mine does this as well. He does not come home when the dive ends. He just keeps swimming. When I visit that island, I can see from the surface the dive is finished, but underwater, my seal is still swimming, still showing a progress bar with 10 minutes left, and still asking for gems to make him stop now.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2

Postby 24321561 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 am

Well I’m not sure but I think the seals won’t go home until the person that owns the dive collects rewards.

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:49 pm

I would like to know how anyone can collect enough clamshells to buy the boat that is on offer in the time available. I have 4 helper seals which i am using as much as possible. I have my own dives,ditto. But I am getting am azimum of 1 clamshell as a reward for helper dives and sometimes none at all, and with just over 2 days to go i only have 79 shells. Has someone on the development team made a mistake in their calculations because I don't think it's actually possible.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 pm

It would have been doable if they had given us the full week. They described the items as a rotation. I'm hoping that means anything we don't get this time will come around again.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Announcements”