PSA: Dives FAQ

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
Kittykatz

Re: PSA: Dives FAQ

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:33 am

Eh??

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

twoftmama

Postby twoftmama » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 pm

BethM wrote:
puzzles312 wrote:
AnchormanSteve wrote:Q: Helping friends is set at the same time regardless of where they are in their dive? so my helper seal is there for the next hour if, even on their end, they only have 10 min left? Just looking for the parameters of this new feature. So our helper seal may effectively be there for multiple of their dives?

A: When the Dive you are currently assisting ends, your Helper Seal will return to the Seal House.

-Anchorman Steve

I don't think this is true. If someone kicks off their dive event and starts with a 1hr dive, and my helper seal joins 50 minutes into their dive, my seal stays there for a full hour and does not return in 10 minutes.

Mine does this as well. He does not come home when the dive ends. He just keeps swimming. When I visit that island, I can see from the surface the dive is finished, but underwater, my seal is still swimming, still showing a progress bar with 10 minutes left, and still asking for gems to make him stop now.

My parents and I are having the same issue. We help each other dive and our seals are not going home when the dive finishes, so we can't help each other on the next dive if we got to the first one late.

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:46 am

It's not the dive, it's the EVENT. Until the event ends, your seal will be there for an hour regardless of the host's individual dive status. If you join a dive with less than an hour left on the EVENT, it will come home when the event ends.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:15 am

Unfortunately, the FAQ says dive, not event.

It is not clear if the intent was for the seals to come home when a dive ended and the programming was unable to accomplish that or if the plan all along was for the helpers to be oblivious to the individual dives they are supposed to be helping.

When looking for dives from the friend bar, I have noticed sometimes the dive site has the diving seals and sometimes the floating treasure chest. It doesn't matter, either way, the software allows us to join now. Handy as that is, it just feels all wrong, like very lazy, sloppy programming. When we help on a dive, there ought to have to be a dive actually working. When the dive ends our seal should also stop.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 1
GaDreamer

Postby GaDreamer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:57 pm

So has anyone else purchased the ship hull with clamshells only to have it disappear out of the salvage shop but not show up in your ship yard?

Vj0208

Postby Vj0208 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 am

Some items in the salvage shop show their cost in both clamshells and prestige points. Can items be purchased using just prestige points? Will it take clamshells first and make up the difference in prestige points? Do you get to choose if you have enough to purchase an item using either fund approach?

Tier 8
Shrippers

Postby Shrippers » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:47 am

Vj0208 wrote:Some items in the salvage shop show their cost in both clamshells and prestige points. Can items be purchased using just prestige points? Will it take clamshells first and make up the difference in prestige points? Do you get to choose if you have enough to purchase an item using either fund approach?

You need enough Clamshells AND Karma to buy those items.
GC ID: Shrippers
Level: 80
UK

Neilro

Postby Neilro » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 am

I'm a new player, just bought a parrot from the salvage shop but can't find it. Where do these gifts go?

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Neilro wrote:I'm a new player, just bought a parrot from the salvage shop but can't find it. Where do these gifts go?

It is probably a ship part. Is it multi-colored, that goes on the bow of your ship? Is it iridescent, that goes on the topper mast? If either of these are true, you go to your shipyard, above Pike's island to get them.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Sjgsngl

Postby Sjgsngl » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Is anyone else having an issue with being notified when people on your friends list have dives. Mine does not show (sometimes) when my friends have dives.

Return to “Announcements”