Bonus Royal Clamshell Event

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 15
J1st

Re: Bonus Royal Clamshell Event

Postby J1st » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:59 pm

The 400 limit may be a subtle way to limit a person from doing nothing but diving. Once you buy everything in the salvage shop, there isn't much interest in continuing to dive, until the next week. JustSayin...
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:31 pm

There are other rewards from diving, though, so I can see why people would want to keep diving. It's not just about the shop.

I think the devs just don't want us accumulating large stockpiles of shells so that we can buy everything in the shop the moment the new one opens. Some players could do that. Then some of them would come here and complain about not having anything new in the shop to buy. I guess that's when the devs could take their revenge by populating the salvage shop with fountains and topiaries and the crooked sign post.

So, yeah, maybe best just not to go down that path to start with. Anyway, I can see their thinking.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:05 pm

BethM wrote:There are other rewards from diving, though, so I can see why people would want to keep diving. It's not just about the shop.

I think the devs just don't want us accumulating large stockpiles of shells so that we can buy everything in the shop the moment the new one opens. Some players could do that. Then some of them would come here and complain about not having anything new in the shop to buy. I guess that's when the devs could take their revenge by populating the salvage shop with fountains and topiaries and the crooked sign post.

So, yeah, maybe best just not to go down that path to start with. Anyway, I can see their thinking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 pm

On the other paw......... Some may be thinking.

To dive as much when can, the few times they have time to do so, and amass the largest amounts of clams as possible. This way, when something interests them, they know they can buy it and still have lots of clams leftover for next week's items or the next to buy then.
Some players may only have odd spurts of time to spend diving, but we've seen in the shipyard what's to come.
There may be those weeks, the sails, or figure heads we really want, are the days we simply can't log on. It would be nice to have those clams saved up in our purse to buy them anyway. You savvy? ;)

Just thought, that's what some are thinking.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 pm

The ability to stockpile isn’t my real issue with the 400 RC cap. If I’m fortunate enough to earn something in the game so be it. Besides...lots of players stockpile. Some hoard pearls, some Doubloons, others Maps. It’s our business what we do with what we earn in the game. Like I said before, they don’t cap any other currency in the game so why RC???? It’s just like stickers...it’s all about control!
That’s fine...I’ll play their silly game. 8-)
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 15
UmmAbdurRahman

Postby UmmAbdurRahman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 pm

I love diving. I will keep on diving regardless of whether the clams collected are wasted because I love the hlper rewards. Gems, pearls and redy dye!

I totally get the reason the devs have put a cap to the clams. Most who accumulate would soon get bored and complain about stuff not being put in the shop fast enough.

I reaaly loooooooove this new system. This is one thing the devs have finally got right imho.
Level 75
All Mills & All Pets
All achievements
Maxed Storage
All islanders Maxed
300+ K Karma

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:11 pm

The bonus event was a great idea to get us started, but I wish they had remembered that people would like to get some sleep at night and set it to run a little longer. I got the bonus for part of yesterday's dive event, but my dive won't open again until 11 pm tonight .

As I calculate it, this bonus ends at 2 pm US Eastern time Sunday, which means in order to get the full 12 hours in the bonus, I can start at 11 pm and play thru the night until 11 am tomorrow or I can sleep until 2 am and start then.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Kashra

Postby Kashra » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:40 am

I think the issue with this first one was timing they should have done one of three things:

1. Patched in the dive event but only opened it with the start of the week so we got the full week to get the hull.
2. Let the hull be in the shop for a little over the week since it was the first items and a part week.
3. Reduce the hull price to compensate for the reduced time (the even more or less did this).

The issue with the event was that it is stuffed up by the wait time, if it had been going since the start (in effect fixing the problem with number three) then it would have been better.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 am

I though a 10 to 12 hour wait time would make more sense. It would let people chose a time of day that works best for them and have the dive open up about the same time. I suspect, though, that once the novelty wears off, a lot of us will tire of diving almost daily.

I already wish they would lose the seal head icon announcing that the dive site is open, since its default mode now is to be open. The dive site is pretty large and it is totally obvious whether or not it is ready. Really, the ropes and the big exclamation mark ought to be a big enough clue. Once we start diving and for the helpers, the seal heads are useful to tells us when dives are done, but before we start our dive event, we really don't need the head sitting there for hours and hours to announce the obvious.

Lastlight2

Postby Lastlight2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:43 am

Even if your dive is closed you can still get bonus clamshells by helping others. Frankly, I’m more excited by the red dye and sticker rewards than by anything in the dive shop so far. I bought the hull and the mast topper even though I probably will never use them just so they won’t possibly get offered again in place of something I’d have more interest in acquiring.

Purple has bad associations for me, so I doubt I’ll ever use purple boat parts. (Horrible ex-roommate was obsessed by the color purple.)
Level 75 - island Dawn

Return to “Announcements”