Horatio's Prepared a Twist on the old TradeFest

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
BethM

Re: Horatio's Prepared a Twist on the old TradeFest

Postby BethM » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Treyryan3 wrote:
RetroFest for players Level 40 and above = 6560 points/hearts total = 30 stickers for 3 different pets

Previous Tradefest achieved 3280 points/hearts win a Pet, no stickers, but a pet.

My spreadsheet shows 3920 as the old Tradefest heart total thru Tier 7.

Under the new program, you would have previously been required to complete Tradefest and 9 bonus tiers (500 points each) to reach the same number of points/hearts to complete the new CHALLENGE FEST!

But wait, that's not all. Remember, this is just to complete the new Tradefest, you therefore miss out on the bonus tier Pet Stickers you previously would have collected. This roughly translates to your rewards for participating are about 70% of what you previous were awarded.

Yes we have to do the equivalent of the old tier 7 plus almost 9 bonus tiers to get the pet plus the 1 or 3 stickers before Tier 10. Under previous Tradefests, we likely would have gotten at least that many stickers in those first 9 bonus tiers. In January & February Tradefests, we did also get stickers before Tier 7, so this is a lot fewer compared to those two.

I just don't understand the point of this change. It is certainly more work, longer and more tedious, and, to me, that adds up to less fun. I have long wondered if less fun was the true hidden objective of these devs sometimes.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Gakmck

Postby Gakmck » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Trade fest is also terrible for my hubby and I! We both have been the just over 24 hours and we haven't finished teir 3 yet! If it keeps this way we may both stopping the game! The game is giving 5 hearts for 6 and 8 long doing items, yes I've deleted a few but at this rate we won't get the animal and that is my thrill!

Tier 3
Neovespertina

Postby Neovespertina » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:24 pm

Got this today!

Officially losing my "smile"! :mrgreen:

Perhaps, others will get this event notice too?
It’s like déjà vu all over again. -- Yogi Berra

R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World
Level 80

Spuffy

Postby Spuffy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 pm

"Improved "? HAHAHA. After playing for most of 2 days I've decided I'm done with TF. Not worth it. No longer excited by this game, spending more time on others. Maybe someday they'll make a FUN change to this game. Until then, I'll just pop in to scoop from the Giving Tree each day and see what else they're doing.

One interesting thing I have learned is that there are a whole lot more free game apps than there were when PB started. I'm having fun sampling them!
Level 75

Playing since August 2015

Gakmck

Postby Gakmck » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 am

Exactly your working constantly getting NO WHERE,

Tier 3
Neovespertina

Postby Neovespertina » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:15 am

Neovespertina wrote:Got this today!

Officially losing my "smile"! :mrgreen:

Perhaps, others will get this event notice too?

I lost my "smile" again... and not in the good way.
The Paradise Rush notice disappeared from the event post. Additionally, there was no dialog from Horatio mentioning the event on or after Level 5. What the fungus is going on?!
It’s like déjà vu all over again. -- Yogi Berra

R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World
Level 80

Aggerthy

Postby Aggerthy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:49 pm

I have now finished and got the prize and started bonus rounds. When does the rush from level 5 work. Is it first from when tradefest is finished in 5 days.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Aggerthy wrote:I have now finished and got the prize and started bonus rounds. When does the rush from level 5 work. Is it first from when tradefest is finished in 5 days.

Yes, once tradefest officially ends, Paradise Rush should begin for those who have it.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 am

So, if you live in the US Eastern time zone, that would be 1 am next Wednesday morning?

Mine says 5 days 4 hrs from now (8:20 pm). 4 hours would be 12:20 but I think they always round down on the remaining time counter, so 1 am?

Nice to think so many of us will lose the first 6-8 hours of this event sleeping. I recall the very first banner said we get it for 60 hours, but after that one disappeared, they are now going with the more noncommittal "limited time."
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

SewButtons

Postby SewButtons » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 am

I never got the rush. Is it not for everyone?
Joined October 20, 2017
Level 75 on iPad
All islanders except Clara maxed
All recipes except tapestry

Return to “Announcements”