The Grand Balloon Gathering Event Has Arrived!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Meeiga

Re: The Grand Balloon Gathering Event Has Arrived!

Postby Meeiga » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:48 pm

This is honestly the most frustrating event so far. I am stuck on level 7 and there is no end in sight. Having to wait for 8 hours to get 200 hearts is ridiculous. How am I supposed to get 5000??? The bubbles are like once an hour per dive and they only get you 150 hearts. The beginning was great as I had to be organized to ensure I had the crops, bags, and moles working to ensure I had the supplies to make nails, cloth, needles, and wood. Now I am not sure what I should be doing as there is no way to make bubbles or rainbow fruit. It is a waiting game and quite unproductive.

Tier 3
Roo

Postby Roo » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 am

Meeiga wrote:This is honestly the most frustrating event so far. I am stuck on level 7 and there is no end in sight. Having to wait for 8 hours to get 200 hearts is ridiculous. How am I supposed to get 5000??? The bubbles are like once an hour per dive and they only get you 150 hearts. The beginning was great as I had to be organized to ensure I had the crops, bags, and moles working to ensure I had the supplies to make nails, cloth, needles, and wood. Now I am not sure what I should be doing as there is no way to make bubbles or rainbow fruit. It is a waiting game and quite unproductive.

Please don’t despair yet. PB always gives us a way to finish these things if we really want to. We’re only two day into this and I’ll bet it will get easier as it progresses. I was stuck on the stupid fruit levels but that is their intent. It’s why they gave us so long to finish this. I’m on the final level on this game but struggling on level 9 on my other game..
Roo McBoingboing
Level 80
New Jersey USA

Tier 2
Gatorgirlx1

Postby Gatorgirlx1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 am

Ummmmmmm. No.
I don’t play this game to get frustrated. I’ ve spent $30 on 2 islands and am just sitting here frustrated. Just rcvd 2 fruit and fed them to the ballon. Now my poor lizard will end up hungry. Nothing else I can do but sit and wait for time to pass. Still have incoming ships.wanting me to sell them rainbow fruit. Are you kidding? I usually love this game. Play my way and accomplish my set goals. Not this time. Not happy :roll:

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:46 am

Yes, levels 7 and 8 are the worst because there is so little we can do but wait. I think this is a good time to use the event coins in the bazaar to buy extra bubbles. So, give out your balloons as fast as you can collect them.

Once I got thru to level 9, it goes faster, because boats bring the patches pretty steadily. Plus each patch is worth 200 hearts instead of a measly 30.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

TALLULAH

Postby TALLULAH » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 am

So, with all the balloon badges I have. There will be no sundries in the bazaar, only decorations?

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 am

They aren’t letting us use bazaar currency to buy the sundries box this time, but we can use the event currency in the bazaar to buy bubbles and patches to help with progress from level 7 up. They aren’t quite as good as the 1000 heart crate for 300 currency, but they aren’t too far off.

- 300 event currency gets 30 bubbles worth 900 hearts .
- 300 event currency gets 4.6 patches worth 923 hearts.

The biggest difference is that we can’t sell any of these in the world market like we could the crates. So, yes, once you finish the balloon, the currency only buys decorations or the chest.
Last edited by BethM on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Laurasozo

Postby Laurasozo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:14 am

I got to level 14 and now we are getting both bubbles and patches I am progressing faster than I thought. I did buy the 4.99 packet just because I knew it would take 5 more days and my arm hurts. Lol. I hope my neighbors don’t give me help after I get my ballon mouth.

I have used 30 pearls. I am down to 50 from 85. My stock is so low on all the things I did not have somehow that is what boats ask for.

Tier 1
shelbykevin

Postby shelbykevin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 am

I wish we could use bazaar currency to get the balloon sundries instead of gems. I will not buy gems because I can't. I am saddened by this because I most likely will not finish the balloon. :(
Love Shel xoxo ;)

Slushing

Postby Slushing » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 pm

I don’t see how the completion of this event is even possible without spending a ton of money on gems to buy rainbow fruit!! I don’t see how people have completed it already. I had a bunch of rainbow fruit in stock and you get so few points for it that it takes days to complete a level since you can only buy the fruit every 8 hours without spending gems! I finally completed the first rainbow fruit level and I was sooo glad to be past it, but I about cried when the next level was the same! This is ridiculous! I’m worn out.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 pm

People who completed it so quickly may have:

A) Had a lot of rainbow fruit in stock. Some players did have 100 or more, enough to get thru those 2 levels. Some players have multiple islands and sold rainbow fruit from their secondary islands to the main one.

B) bought a lot of the floating ballon makers so they had a lot of balloons to give out and 1) got a lot of balloon gifts in return and 2) got a lot of event currency to use buying bubbles in the bazaar.

C) have the time to pretty much dive constantly 16 or more hours the day. It helped to have all 4 helper seals.

D) heard about the horrors of levels 7 and 8 in time to stop at 6 to make 10,000 hearts worth of cloth and needles then used feed all to blow all the way thru or well into tier 8.

Or some combination of these and maybe other tricks I don’t know.

Return to “Announcements”