BUBBLE TROUBLE: Grand Balloon Event

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 9
Kissable32

Re: BUBBLE TROUBLE: Grand Balloon Event

Postby Kissable32 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm

pipercat wrote:Level 7 is stupid, its only bubbles and fruit, we get once every 8 hours and we get 2 of them. And only 100 points at that... this should be something thats attainable , not impossible. Then i find out i have to pay for the boxes. This is literally the worst event. :evil: disgusting

Rainbow fruit and sunfish should have fetched a higher price that 100 hearts....especially seeing as how they are only available every 8 hours and pretty much nobody is selling them in the market...which I don’t blame.
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:30 pm

BethM wrote:To get thru these two levels it is pretty much essential to have at least two or three of the floating balloon makers (in the intro bundle or at 30 gems each) so you can buy extra bubbles in the bazaar. Beyond that, just keep all your seals busy as constantly as you can. Help and gift as many different players as you can. When you visit a friend to gift or help dive, follow one of the boats found there and gift and help that new-to-you player dive as well. Hopefully, that will increase visitor traffic at your island too. Players with 5 or 6 of the balloon makers have a lot of balloons to give out and may be looking for new islands to gift. A lot of players will use their dive helper list for gifts as well as returning dive help. Each gift you receive is a 50 heart bump for the balloon plus 10 coins for the bazaar.

One thing I really am not a fan of...is that in order to help our friends, since this is supposed to be a social event...we are really supposed to spend real money on the buddy balloon floaters....not everyone can do that. Yes you can get a few here and there through chests or the random (super random) wildlife, but that’s few and far between.

Another gripe I have with these, is they cost 30 gems each. 30. The event lasts for 12 days (start to finish). Why in the heck do we only get 6 harvests out of these floaters that cost us real money? Or are we supposed to buy more of them when they become useless? I don’t get it.
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 pm

[quote="Sculptorcat":kitty cat]Ok so this balloon event. I make all these nails then the next day it only accepts needles so all the nails are worthless. Then I make all the needles and can’t use them anymore or cloth bundles! Then u go to deposit balloons on other islands and all u get is points to gather stupid stuff that won’t fit on the island anyway because there is no more room on island!!!!
So why have the sundries bundle if it can’t be used? Only accepting colored candy now and they r only available every 8 hours! Wow really useful???
Don’t like this new event!

Never finish using colored candie every 8 hours!!![/quote:kitty cat]

If you had used the feed all tool in the feed bar at the levels the needles were used, you would have gotten points for all the surplus needles, even if they carried you well into the next levels. Same for the nails, cloth, etc.

Once you get to level 7, those bazaar points can be used to purchase bubbles for feeding the balloon, and at level 9 also patches. It’s not as efficient as the sundries crates were, but it doess let us convert the balloon gifts into event progress.

Please try not to get discouraged at the difficulty of the early levels and the frustration of 7 and 8. Once I got to level 9, things seemed to move a lot better. Really, when you finish 8, it feels like you have crested the mountain.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 pm

BethM wrote:Please try not to get discouraged at the difficulty of the early levels and the frustration of 7 and 8. Once I got to level 9, things seemed to move a lot better. Really, when you finish 8, it feels like you have crested the mountain.

More like feels like you defeated Goliath lol
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed

Tier 4
Snooby

Postby Snooby » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:12 pm

My gripe is the boat orders. Nearly everyone is a four order boat, which I have to try and fill as i’m running out of pearls, and, more often than not, the single boats, those with the patch (only one), want four or five of something, pomegranate punch, crab sushi, yarns. It’s becoming a boring, mind numbing chore.
Kent. England
First Island - disepara, July 2016, level 80
Second island - Chicken run, April 2018, level 55.
Pet count. - abysmal :oops:
https://youtu.be/DYlcVevsx_8

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Snooby wrote:My gripe is the boat orders. Nearly everyone is a four order boat, which I have to try and fill as i’m running out of pearls, and, more often than not, the single boats, those with the patch (only one), want four or five of something, pomegranate punch, crab sushi, yarns. It’s becoming a boring, mind numbing chore.

Yeah I wish the ones asking for more of the bigger items, like boat in a bottle or maple chunks or like items, I wish they gave more than one patch...those items take some time and some good supplies to make!
Name is Tiffany
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed

Tier 4
Neen

Postby Neen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Snooby wrote:My gripe is the boat orders. Nearly everyone is a four order boat, which I have to try and fill as i’m running out of pearls, and, more often than not, the single boats, those with the patch (only one), want four or five of something, pomegranate punch, crab sushi, yarns. It’s becoming a boring, mind numbing chore.

I just left 3 of the big 4 order boats sitting in the dock. Just filled orders on 1 of the smaller boats. More time consuming but I managed to complete this way. You’ll have to fill or pearl the odd boat away but not as many if you leave 3 sitting :)
FB: Neen Paradise. Feel free to add me :)
Uk

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Deffinately as Neen mentioned, keeping those large boats docked, Carl, Ghost, Dreadbirds, and Anya, forces the little boats to come in and and you have a higher chance of getting "patch boats" and will use far less pearls to send unwanted boats away.

This strategy holds true for any event that requires filling dock orders. ( Example; the Notes Event.

I had just gotten my eagle the day before this event started. I didn't have much leftover.

So far, so good. I really can't complain about the event.

Yes, the bubbles. :roll: There was a problem and it was fixed. Those boxes were the reason I was able to move forward. I had also spent all my "puffer fish" coins on bubbles since I wasn't getting any.
This turned out to be helpful, and moved me forward.

We are so early in the event, try to keep a good outlook. Many players will help as they finish too.

We still have over a week to go.

I'm betting that a few ( who shall remain nameless) will be bored and wondering what and when the next thing is going to begin. ;)
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TheUnResistible1

Postby TheUnResistible1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:54 pm

I am getting bubbles from my dives, they are going into my tree house storage and I ha e no options anywhere to use them. Please help.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:58 pm

margaretmay23 wrote:Hello All,

I am having a few issues. 1) I didn’t receive the $4.99 mid event bundle 2) I bought the friendly floater for 30 jewels but now it isn’t green and white, it is pink and white with the inflated balloons blooming out of the top and I cannot access the buddy balloons. It doesn’t even give me a timer for the balloons. I have picked it up and re-placed the item, wondering if I somehow purchased a decoration but it is indeed called a friendly floater. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Thank you!

It sounds like you must have already collected the six harvests and it has turned into a decoration. That's how these 30 gem units usually work. They are only good for so many harvests. Before each harvest, you should have seen a number telling you how many are left, the same way it shows when we harvest coconuts or such.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Announcements”