Balloon Sundries are now in the Bazaar!

Game updates and news from the Crew
jg19902000

Re: Balloon Sundries are now in the Bazaar!

Postby jg19902000 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 am

JustSad wrote:I normally spend all event stuff buying those 1000 boxes to help out.. now have enough for 18 boxes, but no way will I spend 400 gems. It only appeared after I finished that bog- ugly balloon thing. So wrong pb... so wrong.

I purchased two gem bundles only to have them take my money and not give me the grms. I submitted a ticket request but no response. This stinking event ends in less than a week. After tomorrow, I won't have a lot of free time to play this out. I was hoping to get more of those floaters so I could get badges from hitting other players' islands. Looks like I'm gonna get screwed because no floaters, no gems and no time. :cry: :evil:

Felixx

Postby Felixx » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am

BethM wrote:
Felixx wrote:Oh no!
I accidentally hit that ugly 400 gems rip-off button.

Reson for placing this rip-off in center of screen each time you open the bazar is what ...

Seriously, why would someone spend 400 gems for game progress when you will get more than double that with a single 30 gems friendly floater ?

Not everyone takes the time to think thru the math like you did.

To be fair, the Sundries crate always comes right after the sticker chest in the bazaar when it is purchased for event currency so it probably didn’t occur to anyone to put it anywhere else. What was negligent on their part was the lack of any second step confirm/ cancel opportunity. 400 is way too many gems to spend by mistake. I’d submit a ticket to support and ask them to take the crate back and refund the gems.

Thanks for the tip Beth.

I submitted a ticket to support, I think. When clicked the submit button it all grayed out, and I still haven't got any mail confirmation .

Still though I'm in doubt that they will refund it, as the terms say all transactions are final and non-refundable.

I can not really be the only one that accidentally manage to touch that purchase button.
It's an ugly way of making money to place purchases so easily accessible with no confirmation dialogue.

Unfortunately this took away the fun edge of this new event angle.
Last edited by Felixx on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:23 pm

If the screen grays out, the ticket didn’t go thru. That happened to me, too, a few days ago when I lost 540 hearts using the feed all feature when none of them registered. The ticket feature seems to malfunction at the most convenient times for them.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

discusraja

Postby discusraja » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 pm

King is fully money minded. They don’t bother about accidentally bought crate. And they will never refund. A confirmation is must for the game when spending gems

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:37 pm

They actually will refund gems if they can make a clean swap. They won’t refund gems spent on things like a rush or buying a missing item to feed a mill or finish an order, or anything that gets swallowed into game progress. In this case, they may not be able to refund the gems if the crate gets spent on the balloon, but taking an item out and adding items to our inventories is something the support people can do.

In the past, they have refunded gems from accidental coin purchases, for example. They refunded me when I accidentally bought a dolphin topiary dragging too many out of the build bar.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Felixx

Postby Felixx » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

BethM wrote:They actually will refund gems if they can make a clean swap. They won’t refund gems spent on things like a rush or buying a missing item to feed a mill or finish an order, or anything that gets swallowed into game progress. In this case, they may not be able to refund the gems if the crate gets spent on the balloon, but taking an item out and adding items to our inventories is something the support people can do.

In the past, they have refunded gems from accidental coin purchases, for example. They refunded me when I accidentally bought a dolphin topiary dragging too many out of the build bar.

Well, I still have that 1000 heart box in storage, so that might be good news then if they can do the swap back.

Support function still seams to be broken, so we'll see.

It's not so much about those 400 gems, they were all earned in game play.
It's more about the bad feeling of being tricked into spend quite a big amount of currency on something I don't want.

Compared to if you want to make a fish net in a mill and missing a cotton, they don't just check if you have 1 gem and charge it, you get a heads up, "Hey, you are about to buy a cotton for 1 gem, please confirm". Then you are in charge, and can take that decision.

But in this case, the purchase option is placed in the middle of normal game play, and no heads-up if you manage to touch it, they just charge 400 gems and you end up with useless box of 1000 hearts. You can do nothing with it.

I really hope they remove that purchase option as soon as this event ends, or people will continue to make unintentionally 400 gems buys.

EDIT: Corrected cotton GEM price
Last edited by Felixx on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Felixx wrote:I can not really be the only one that accidentally manage to touch that purchase button.
It's an ugly way of making money to place purchases so easily accessible with no confirmation dialogue.

No, you're not. And the positioning of things like that really is deliberate. Game companies are out to make money, and the less scrupulous ones will deliberately make it easy for you to spend money or in-game currency by accident and then tell you that it's you're own fault for not being more careful. There are plenty of high-level psychology papers out there describing the most effective ways to monetize game play in that way.

And that's why King will never put in a "Do you really want to do that?" option.

Felixx

Postby Felixx » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:
Felixx wrote:I can not really be the only one that accidentally manage to touch that purchase button.

No, you're not. And the positioning of things like that really is deliberate. Game companies are out to make money, and the less scrupulous ones will deliberately make it easy for you to spend money or in-game currency by accident and then tell you that it's you're own fault for not being more careful. There are plenty of high-level psychology papers out there describing the most effective ways to monetize game play in that way.

And that's why King will never put in a "Do you really want to do that?" option.

I don't feel aggrieved about companies earning money, quite the opposite, but a better way is to create a demand for spending money on gaming instead of tricking people doing the same.

A good example of that is the current balloon event and the need of bubbles in the building of the balloon. I'm sure that it made a lot of gamers spent some 250 gems on additional helper seals.
I did, and I'm happy with that buy.

But place a 400 gems purchase in the bazaar...
It seams to take some time to build that dynamic menu in the bazaar as it takes a few seconds to open it. Mean while it pops up some wild life and by now the fingers are programmed to tap them without involving the brain, but of course the bazaar opens in exactly the right moment to hit the purchase button.

So far I've considered king to be a quite fair company, making money on a good product, at least when it comes to this subject. But maybe the company that bought king want more profit out of it and start to implement these type of traps. Hopefully not, and this is a one time mistake and not a new trend.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:

I don’t disagree that they do this deliberately to get us to waste gems by mistake, but one of the more irritating aspects of it us that sometimes they do require a second action to spend gems. We can’t spend 25 gems to buy another mill slot without tapping it a second time. Any shipyard purchases are a two step process. It is so inconsistent.

Jonaidanielle

Postby Jonaidanielle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:39 am

Hi guys I’m new to the chat...I was wondering if anyone knows how to use the cloth, golden fish or other items that have the ballon icon next to them... just spending planks and nails is getting me know where and I’m hoarding gems until the next trade fest

Return to “Announcements”