August Retrofest - Last Chance Beaver!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
Ely321

Re: August Retrofesti - Last Chance Beaver!

Postby Ely321 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:18 pm

4510 wrote:I would be interested to know how some of you prepare for trade fest. Do you have a certain number of each item in storage? Do you stack certain items? Do you stack long timed hard to make items or easier short timed items? Is there a good strategy to follow or just what you are guessing Horatio might ask for next??? Any advice would be appreciated. I can barely get the main prize in the time limit let alone any amount of bonus rounds. Some of you get 10-20 bonus rounds. How???

here is a thread all about Tradefest 101. maybe you'll find it helpful?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75779&hilit=tradefest+101
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

TeresaMarie

Re: August Retrofest - Last Chance Beaver!

Postby TeresaMarie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:30 pm

I love the prizes because I have been playing awhile. At 8-9 months and just now have the opportunity to get these items!! I was upset that I couldn’t get them in anyway. I love the decor that matches the pets. Unfortunately I have the pets but no decor to go with them. I’m happy to see that I can finally get some of them! Thanks! I waited a long time to get them. Now to wait on the rest.

Tier 3
Alastrea

Postby Alastrea » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:33 am

TeresaMarie wrote:I love the prizes because I have been playing awhile. At 8-9 months and just now have the opportunity to get these items!! I was upset that I couldn’t get them in anyway. I love the decor that matches the pets. Unfortunately I have the pets but no decor to go with them. I’m happy to see that I can finally get some of them! Thanks! I waited a long time to get them. Now to wait on the rest.

I felt the same with the first Retro fest, Panda was looking and still is pretty cute with his Zen Garden. Now a few months later I have 3, just to make sure: THREE Zen Garden and Panda is already maxed out and lives in Storage, cause that‘s my home for all level 15 animals due to the lack of land.
BTW that‘s why I am asking for alternative reward.

Odiebabe

Re: August Retrofesti - Last Chance Beaver!

Postby Odiebabe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:02 am

4510 wrote:I would be interested to know how some of you prepare for trade fest. Do you have a certain number of each item in storage? Do you stack certain items? Do you stack long timed hard to make items or easier short timed items? Is there a good strategy to follow or just what you are guessing Horatio might ask for next??? Any advice would be appreciated. I can barely get the main prize in the time limit let alone any amount of bonus rounds. Some of you get 10-20 bonus rounds. How???

I definitely prepare for a Tradefest and adopt a whole new strategy for it. Sometimes I have a feeling it’s coming and stop trading with ships or the board for up to week before to keep as much stock stored away as possible. I try to have 10 of everything prepared, you can’t fit much more than that in the treehouse. When tradefest starts I also stop harvesting and collecting items from the mills and leave all the bubbles sitting there. This way when Horatio asks for me to collect 18 items from mills, they are already there (and he often asks 3 times in a row). I usually collect the quick ones to make first and then a selection of others. By leaving the bubbles there I also have a good chance of him asking me to make something and it is already done. The same goes for harvesting trees. I bin any unreasonable requests from Horatio - it’s faster to wait an hour for a new request than 24 hours for 3 bracelets to be made. I also delete requests on the trade board when stock starts getting low and I know some items will be too much of a drain on time and resources. So essentially I work on replenishing stock that’s getting low, rather than on producing what he wants as he demands it. I usually complete Tradefest in 2 - 3 days, which lets you do as many bonus levels as you want. I have to admit though that the new approach of giving us 2 Tradefests to get a new animal in bonus levels is a real stretch. That’s 20 bonus levels each time and it consumes your whole week to achieve it. If it falls during the holidays you have the time to do it, but on a regular week it’s too much.
Anyway, that’s how I do it - hope it helps

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Bump
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:34 am

Bump
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Postby bBadkitty » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 pm

QueenMia wrote:::NEWSFLASH::

Ahoy Trademasters!

Retrofest is back and it brings the final chance to unlock the Beached Beaver! Progress through Horatio’s tasks and secure a buck-toothed buddy for your island.

Event Starts: August 18th 10:00 AM PDT
Event Ends: August 26th 9:00 PM PDT

Level Required for Participation:10+

I have the flamingo at max why would you give me stickers for that pet and not the others that I need? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't is say you will get other stickers from the list if that pet is maxed?

What happened I am getting 15 flamingos . My flamingo is maxed.
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Whisperer

Postby Whisperer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Does this mean if I don't get enough beaver stickers out of this tradefest I won't be able to get them any other way? If this is the case I will stop now and not worry about the bonus levels.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:33 pm

What it means is the next Retrofest will not be offering beaver stickers in bonus tiers. They should eventually make them available other places, such as boats or the Wishing frog.

Whisperer

Postby Whisperer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Thanks

Return to “Announcements”