August Retrofest - Last Chance Beaver!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 16
BethM

Re: August Retrofest - Last Chance Beaver!

Postby BethM » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 pm

J1st wrote:I kinda like this new retro thing, only 1 pet sticker offered then done . When we had Shelly like forever, there wasn't any incentive for those who had maxed her out to do any bonus tiers. Granted you could get a lot of junk as well, but having 1 pet, then whoosh, off to the boats is the proper way to do this. IMO.

Oh, I hate this system of getting the same blessed thing every tier. I found I am doing fewer BT under this approach because it is just a forced march to a pre-determined destination. There is zero element of fun in it.

I vastly preferred having a little surprise in it. I do like having BT be all stickers, but for people who still need an assortment of stickers, getting a random mix is vastly more fun. I wouldn’t even mind seeing a few Primos mixed in.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:05 am

BethM wrote:
J1st wrote:I kinda like this new retro thing, only 1 pet sticker offered then done . When we had Shelly like forever, there wasn't any incentive for those who had maxed her out to do any bonus tiers. Granted you could get a lot of junk as well, but having 1 pet, then whoosh, off to the boats is the proper way to do this. IMO.

Oh, I hate this system of getting the same blessed thing every tier. I found I am doing fewer BT under this approach because it is just a forced march to a pre-determined destination. There is zero element of fun in it.

I vastly preferred having a little surprise in it. I do like having BT be all stickers, but for people who still need an assortment of stickers, getting a random mix is vastly more fun. I wouldn’t even mind seeing a few Primos mixed in.

My post didn't quite come out the way I intended. I agree with you, stickers for BT's and a random selection would be best. What I meant was, give the stickers for a pet once, if they are the primary item, then make them available to the boats as well, not just a BT item. So if your chance is say 75% for ermine, then when the event is done, make the ermine available in the boats, and pick a new pet for the primary for the next time. What I like about the current system is at least they are rotating pets, that's what I meant.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:09 am

Well, yes. I would be great if they released the stickers for a bonus tier pet to boats once it came out of bonus tiers, but I’m not sure they have been doing that. Are the hummingbirds and meerkats coming in boats now?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 am

BethM wrote:

I do like having all stickers in bonus tiers but I did prefer variety and not all the same.
Before they changed this system I was winning some ducklings and orangutan stickers in my bonus tiers. Unfortunately not enough to level those pets up to two stars. :(
Now, those newer Tradefest pet stickers are completely gone from the gameplay and where is the fun if the only way to get them is by purchasing specific event chests.
I am still doing this Retrofest since there is not much more for me to do in my game #1.
With game #2, I am taking it easy. So far, only on tier 19 :lol:
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

darleneschilling

Postby darleneschilling » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:01 am

I have not seen any bonus tier pets on the boats-only 2 Ermine. I wish I could get the Ermine too. I was devastated he was not available and cried a lot. So disappointing to not get him after all this work. Still I will keep trying for the beaver, not sure I have enough time after all some of us go to church. I am confused as to whether I will ever get the Ermine.

Nabby

Postby Nabby » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:03 am

Curious as to why when Ermine is prize you only get 10 stickers when it takes 20

Adellem1971

Postby Adellem1971 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:49 am

I am so disappointed that you don't actually get the ermine? After all the traders work. Ugh I still need 9 stickers, why is that the main prize?

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:08 am

This is the first time they have included such a new pet in Retrofest. Until now their pattern was to offer 10 stickers for pets from three months in a row, starting from the oldest ones. This time would have been panda, chicks, orca (March, April, May 2016) but instead of orca, they included ermine from March 2018.

Since the ermine requires 20 stickers to adopt instead of the more usual 10, I wonder if it will be included again in the next one.

Looking thru the old TF pets, it looks like they are 10 stickers to adopt thru the blue dolphin in August 2017. The next month, the llama was 15, then back to 10 stickers for The bat and Snowy Owl in Oct & Nov. then they did the Arctic Fox in December completely differently, with 35 stickers to adopt.

It was back to 10 stickers in January and February 2018 for white tiger and sweetheart squirrel, then up to 20 starting March 2018 with the ermine, ducklings, orangutan, etc.

Tier 9
Kissable32

Postby Kissable32 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:44 pm

BethM wrote:Well, yes. I would be great if they released the stickers for a bonus tier pet to boats once it came out of bonus tiers, but I’m not sure they have been doing that. Are the hummingbirds and meerkats coming in boats now?

I've yet to see hummingbirds on ANY boat. I have just a little over half the stickers needed to adopt, that was one of my first 'fests after coming back to the game, and wasn't quite on top of the whole system yet.

In response to all the previous posts, I agree with you Beth, in that having the BT's be the sticker for ONE pet the whole way through, and having to do 40 or 50 BT's just to get the pet, it's very very VERY monotonous and tedious and it makes me wanna throw my phone against the wall.

Here's a suggestion devs.....Have 2 pets in the BT's. Have each need like, 30 stickers to adopt. Then have those BT's offer stickers for those 2 pets. Since pets seem to be the BT prize 2 'fests in a row, this will break up the monotony of it, and at least make it seem a little more exciting. I know I get very bored doing BT after BT for the same dang sticker. I refused this time, my beaver can be a 1 star wood chomper for the rest of his life.

Oh, and having Ermine be the retrofest "main prize" and then only giving us 10 stickers when she needs 20 to adopt....kinda lame PB. Retrofests are supposed to be aimed at those who missed out right? How about those of us who missed out completely and didn't have ANY ermine stickers at all? So we finish the restrofest and don't even get to adopt the main prize :roll: Thanks tho, for the panda and the bunny.....those are cute and the decorations that go with them....Just wish I had an Ermie to put next to that kite....
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Kissable32 wrote:
BethM wrote:Well, yes. I would be great if they released the stickers for a bonus tier pet to boats once it came out of bonus tiers, but I’m not sure they have been doing that. Are the hummingbirds and meerkats coming in boats now?

I've yet to see hummingbirds on ANY boat. I have just a little over half the stickers needed to adopt, that was one of my first 'fests after coming back to the game, and wasn't quite on top of the whole system yet.

In response to all the previous posts, I agree with you Beth, in that having the BT's be the sticker for ONE pet the whole way through, and having to do 40 or 50 BT's just to get the pet, it's very very VERY monotonous and tedious and it makes me wanna throw my phone against the wall.

Here's a suggestion devs.....Have 2 pets in the BT's. Have each need like, 30 stickers to adopt. Then have those BT's offer stickers for those 2 pets. Since pets seem to be the BT prize 2 'fests in a row, this will break up the monotony of it, and at least make it seem a little more exciting. I know I get very bored doing BT after BT for the same dang sticker. I refused this time, my beaver can be a 1 star wood chomper for the rest of his life.

Oh, and having Ermine be the retrofest "main prize" and then only giving us 10 stickers when she needs 20 to adopt....kinda lame PB. Retrofests are supposed to be aimed at those who missed out right? How about those of us who missed out completely and didn't have ANY ermine stickers at all? So we finish the restrofest and don't even get to adopt the main prize :roll: Thanks tho, for the panda and the bunny.....those are cute and the decorations that go with them....Just wish I had an Ermie to put next to that kite....

Well, think about it this way.
Most of us who won this pet had to go thru I believe 10 tier extended Tradefest to win an ermine.
With this Retrofest you still got some other stickers so it wasn’t that bad.
I don’t see why so many players are complaining about only 10 ermine stickers.
Not to mention that some of us didn’t get a single sticker until bonus tiers.
Plus you can win ermine stickers from adventuring ship, boats and some other gameplay sources .
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Return to “Announcements”