August Retrofest - Last Chance Beaver!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Tier 9
Kissable32

Re: August Retrofest - Last Chance Beaver!

Postby Kissable32 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Lutka48 wrote:
Kissable32 wrote:
BethM wrote:Well, yes. I would be great if they released the stickers for a bonus tier pet to boats once it came out of bonus tiers, but I’m not sure they have been doing that. Are the hummingbirds and meerkats coming in boats now?

I've yet to see hummingbirds on ANY boat. I have just a little over half the stickers needed to adopt, that was one of my first 'fests after coming back to the game, and wasn't quite on top of the whole system yet.

In response to all the previous posts, I agree with you Beth, in that having the BT's be the sticker for ONE pet the whole way through, and having to do 40 or 50 BT's just to get the pet, it's very very VERY monotonous and tedious and it makes me wanna throw my phone against the wall.

Here's a suggestion devs.....Have 2 pets in the BT's. Have each need like, 30 stickers to adopt. Then have those BT's offer stickers for those 2 pets. Since pets seem to be the BT prize 2 'fests in a row, this will break up the monotony of it, and at least make it seem a little more exciting. I know I get very bored doing BT after BT for the same dang sticker. I refused this time, my beaver can be a 1 star wood chomper for the rest of his life.

Oh, and having Ermine be the retrofest "main prize" and then only giving us 10 stickers when she needs 20 to adopt....kinda lame PB. Retrofests are supposed to be aimed at those who missed out right? How about those of us who missed out completely and didn't have ANY ermine stickers at all? So we finish the restrofest and don't even get to adopt the main prize :roll: Thanks tho, for the panda and the bunny.....those are cute and the decorations that go with them....Just wish I had an Ermie to put next to that kite....

Well, think about it this way.
Most of us who won this pet had to go thru I believe 10 tier extended Tradefest to win an ermine.
With this Retrofest you still got some other stickers so it wasn’t that bad.
I don’t see why so many players are complaining about only 10 ermine stickers.
Not to mention that some of us didn’t get a single sticker until bonus tiers.
Plus you can win ermine stickers from adventuring ship, boats and some other gameplay sources .

Because the've got us trained to get that prize at the end of the main tradefest :lol: and this time, most of us didn't get that, so, yeah, it was quite a bit of a let down. I think we can feel that way. Just like all the long timers were upset with the alternative rewards....we all feel how we feel :).
Name is Tiffany
Avatar is a baby with the name Landry
Currently level 80
15 mills maxed
5 pets maxed
never enough coins, no prestige, and quite a bit of karma (hopefully it's good karma :lol: )

Tier 2
James1Wife

Postby James1Wife » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:02 am

I think if they are going to give stickers for pets in the bonus tiers, and it’s one of the pets that need 50 to adopt, they should give more than one sticker for each tier. I missed out on several pets due to traveling and the way it’s going will never get the ones that need 50. :(
Level 77 iPad
53 of 69 pets-12 maxed, 10 level 2, 31 level 1
All mills maxed except Paradise Pies under construction, Brilliant Blossoms, Happy Hatter & Candy Crane-level 2
12 turtles, 13 otters, 8 sloths, 8 moles, 75 fields, all plants & trees

Tier 6
paradisebaygratuit

Postby paradisebaygratuit » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:40 am

QueenMia wrote:::NEWSFLASH::

Ahoy Trademasters!

Retrofest is back and it brings the final chance to unlock the Beached Beaver! Progress through Horatio’s tasks and secure a buck-toothed buddy for your island.

Event Starts: August 18th 10:00 AM PDT
Event Ends: August 26th 9:00 PM PDT

Level Required for Participation:10+

I wont make it to adopt the Beached Beaver unles a PB miracle happens, e.g. glitch! need 32 more stickers. :shock:
80 Lvl; 4000 Tree; 4125 Wind; 4527 Prestige; 243,689 Karma; All land, islands; All pets xcp Wolf, Electric Eel, Long Eared Mouse, Camel, Ostrich, Pegacorn, White Hart, Dragon Hatchling, Griffin Cub, Ghost Pelican; All mills max xcp Paradise Pies :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Dreadbird just brought me an ermine sticker, just in case I didn’t have enough, I guess. Funny guy.

Three more bonus tiers to get the cursed beaver. (Sorry, Canada.)
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:24 pm

I need 20 more BT's to get the bleeping Beaver and to be honest I am too burned out to make the run to Tier 43. I may have reached TF saturation. Endless repetitive trading to achieve a sticker that will never be available again in a TF is no longer enough to prod me on.

And bouncing back a page or two in this thread YES, a HUGE THANK YOU to Shrippers and Piipou for keeping that Wiki up to date. Without that thing, we'd be lost, because King doesn't give us half of the info we really need to play the game.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 am

Down to my last bonus tier to get the beaver (not last as in 50, just last for me).

I am getting so tired of making 3 expresso and 6 ropes on the clock. I leave some on those mills all the time now. Also keep 3 otters floating with sea glass and 3 with seashells. So tired of timed requests I have stopped collecting them right away. As long as the finished one is sitting there, I don’t seem to get any other timed requests.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 3
DesertBlue

Re: August Retrofesti - Last Chance Beaver!

Postby DesertBlue » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:22 pm

4510 wrote:I would be interested to know how some of you prepare for trade fest. Do you have a certain number of each item in storage? Do you stack certain items? Do you stack long timed hard to make items or easier short timed items? Is there a good strategy to follow or just what you are guessing Horatio might ask for next??? Any advice would be appreciated. I can barely get the main prize in the time limit let alone any amount of bonus rounds. Some of you get 10-20 bonus rounds. How???

I don’t do anything to prepare. If Horatio asks for something that takes more than 2 hours I will usually delete it unless I can make it overnight. When the Tradefest starts I try to make sure trade post orders are always ready. I delete any that require items that take a longer time to make again unless overnight. Same with the boats. I will try to start orders for large boats as soon as they come in. I just let the small boats sit at the dock unopened until I need to fill boat orders.
If you are far enough along and have at least 9 otters and 9 turtles utilize 3 of each for the things they dive for (3 fish, 3 shrimp, 3 crabs, 3 sea glass, 3 shells, 3 seaweed) whenever possible.
But I must also tell you that I am able to do this because I am retired and have the time, something that you may not have because you are working, going to school or raising a family.
One last thing. My goal is always to get the pet. If I can get in some bonus rounds, great, but it’s not a priority for me. There are some pets I may never get like the Beached Beaver or it may just take me a very looooong time to get him.. That’s ok with me since I’m already suffering pet overload and have to switch them in and out of storage.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 pm

James1Wife wrote:I think if they are going to give stickers for pets in the bonus tiers, and it’s one of the pets that need 50 to adopt, they should give more than one sticker for each tier. I missed out on several pets due to traveling and the way it’s going will never get the ones that need 50. :(

IMO this new system of keeping the BT pet around for only 2 events totally sucks. It only works for the very high end players who always finish all 50 tiers and don’t need any other available stickers . For the vast majority of us, they are way too tedious even if we can actually finish enough tiers to get the pet. Especially since they seem to keep these stickers under lock and key forever after taking them out of BT, way too many players aren’t going to get it for years, even if they even stick around that long in spite of month after month of frustration.

They really ought to go back to keeping a BT pet around for several months and mixing their stickers up with other stickers. I remember with Shelley there was some fun and suspense about how many we would get each BT and how close we were getting to acquiring or finishing the pet. With the same sticker every tier, there is no fun in it. Why design a game feature with no fun in it?

Tier 6
bBadkitty

Postby bBadkitty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:51 am

BethM wrote:
James1Wife wrote:I think if they are going to give stickers for pets in the bonus tiers, and it’s one of the pets that need 50 to adopt, they should give more than one sticker for each tier. I missed out on several pets due to traveling and the way it’s going will never get the ones that need 50. :(

IMO this new system of keeping the BT pet around for only 2 events totally sucks. It only works for the very high end players who always finish all 50 tiers and don’t need any other available stickers . For the vast majority of us, they are way too tedious even if we can actually finish enough tiers to get the pet. Especially since they seem to keep these stickers under lock and key forever after taking them out of BT, way too many players aren’t going to get it for years, even if they even stick around that long in spite of month after month of frustration.

They really ought to go back to keeping a BT pet around for several months and mixing their stickers up with other stickers. I remember with Shelley there was some fun and suspense about how many we would get each BT and how close we were getting to acquiring or finishing the pet. With the same sticker every tier, there is no fun in it. Why design a game feature with no fun in it?

I agree. Shelley was around for more than just 2 TF. WE LITERALLY had to put up a little for her. Plus we got other pets in it too. When Shelley came out they only gave us 5 stickers. Then the next TF they gave us 15 stickers so it was a gradual increase not this --- work really hard in one shot .

I'm not really complaining but I missed maxing out the Beaver by one sticker. But at the same time I have had other things going on not to mention a lot of crying. :cry: :cry: But from what I'm told it does hurt a little less and then you get a new (fur) baby. :D

So on ward we go. And for those of you back to being bored. :cry: I'm sorry -- I hope you will find it in your heart of PB to help those of us at the bottom of the food chain. :lol:
Level 80 waiting for next lvl
Holding at 12 pets to max lvl including the new one.
Working on two star for pizza mill
Daily addiction to playing now 5 hrs a day and on my days off up to 9 :o

Avatar is a kitty with diving helmet.

Tier 3
Alastrea

Postby Alastrea » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Alastrea wrote:
Alastrea wrote:
QueenMia wrote:Hello QueenMia,
Why can't something else be captured in the first 6 tiers than decoration that has already been stored twice? In tier 7+8+9 it is also possible to offer alternative stickers if you already have the animal on 3 stars?

If you can't answer the question, hand it over to someone who can. Ask him and give us the answer, PLEASE.

Hi Alastrea,

The game should recognise if you have these pets maxed and offer an alternative reward, but sometimes it doesn’t happen... If that's your case, I'm sorry. Please contact the support to exchange the stickers.

I hope that helps!

QueenMia

Hi QueenMia,
Thx for reply but I am not talking about Stickers, that worked so far in the past Retro Fests. I am talking about decoration I already have in storage once or twice. I guess my question wasn‘t clear, english is not my first language, so I am asking again:

The Game recognize if I have a pet maxed out. Why doesn‘t it regognize that I have Zouyu Fountain, Zen Garden, Carrot Patch, Eggster Basket, Ermine Kite and Wind Chime Tree? Why is there no alternative usefull reward like cacaotree or blueberrybush?

Looking forward for your reply.

Hi QueenMia,
No response for 4 days :( I am still waiting for an answer.

Hello QueenMia,
10 more days should be enough for an answer, but nope, no answer at all. Still waiting.

I will continue to ask this question at the next Retro Fest, for sure.

By the way, this is exactly the point where you can prove that you are serious when you say that you want to take more care of the forum.

Return to “Announcements”