New Tradefest - Crowned Crane!

Game updates and news from the Crew
Site Admin
QueenMia

New Tradefest - Crowned Crane!

Postby QueenMia » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:35 am

Ahoy Trademasters!

We are glad to be back with an exciting Tradefest! We are bringing you a new pet prize - The Crowned Crane! This bird has a few surprises up its sleeve... or hair.

You will also be able to earn a new Bonus Tier pet prize - The Fainting Goat!

In addition, we have updated the tiers and bonus tier prizes! See the details below:

Tier 1: 10x Gems
Tier 2: 5x Pearls
Tier 3: 1x Desert Torch
Tier 4: 1x Tribal Mask
Tier 5: 2x Crowned Crane Stickers, 5x Scrap of Paper
Tier 6: 2x Crowned Crane Stickers, 3x Red Dyes
Tier 7: 2x Crowned Crane Stickers, 1x Ghost Doubloon
Tier 8: 2x Crowned Crane Stickers, 3x Pet Food
Tier 9: 4x Crowned Crane Stickers, 3x Pet Ticket Bronze
Tier 10: 8x Crowned Crane Stickers
Bonus Tiers 11 - 50: 1x Fainting Goat Sticker & Random Reward (see below)

Random Reward Chart:

Event Starts: August 28th
Event Ends: September 8th

Level Required for Participation: 10+

Tier 12
Livinez

Re: New Tradefest - Crowned Crane!

Postby Livinez » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:02 am

Back to Bonus Tier junk rewards...thanks. :| We still get 1 sticker per Bonus Tier so I suppose the “junk” is gravy.
Sorry if I seem a little negative, I had hoped I had seen the last of dyes, maps and the like in Bonus Tiers. :(
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 3
Piipou

Postby Piipou » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:20 am

Good job devs !
Tree storage is awfully sorted and pinata tree disapear from build menu !
Please check your files before launch a package download ;)
Forums Francophone et Espagnol https://baieduparadis.fr/forum
Admin du wikia Français https://fr.paradisebay.wikia.com
Admin with Shrippers on English wikia https://paradise-bay.wikia.com
Support on Spanish wikia https://es.paradisebay.wikia.com

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:04 am

I’m so tired of TradeFests and RetroFests 22 days out of every month with their corresponding new pets. Four pets introduced just this month, counting the ghost platypus. It’s gone beyond overkill.

I do thank you for the bonus tiers rewarding something other than the same pet sticker over and over and over and over and over.
Island name: TraderGrl

Bec217

Postby Bec217 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:18 pm

djjess wrote:I’m so tired of TradeFests and RetroFests 22 days out of every month with their corresponding new pets. Four pets introduced just this month, counting the ghost platypus. It’s gone beyond overkill.

I do thank you for the bonus tiers rewarding something other than the same pet sticker over and over and over and over and over.

It’s not even about the pets for me, although does mean even more stickers needed before getting to adopt the existing pets I don’t have.

It’s the non stop events that are starting to drag on me, just a couple of days break from retro fest and then straight into a trade fest. I used to really enjoy these events when they were less frequent and felt like something different and special. Now they just feel like part of regular game play and are far less appealing to me.

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:26 pm

You're right, Bec217. Even if pets weren't introduced, 20+ days each month of some variation of TradeFest is too much. Pile on the other events sandwiched in and I'm punch drunk. I would appreciate some time to simply play the game event free.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 5
Lcoelho

Postby Lcoelho » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Tottaly agree... the devs must think that most of the players are retired or have no life...freaking annoying!
Lcoelho
Level 80
Pets: most of them. Some at ⭐️⭐️⭐️, some at ⭐️⭐️ and some at ⭐️... GOING AT MY OWN PACE!
Somewhere in: SH, NY

Tier 6
Purplecat

Postby Purplecat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:53 pm

djjess wrote:I’m so tired of TradeFests and RetroFests 22 days out of every month with their corresponding new pets. Four pets introduced just this month, counting the ghost platypus. It’s gone beyond overkill.

This!

I am fed up with all these events. It's not an event if it happens all the time. I am very happy to have new levels, but please could we have a maximum of 1 event a month? Pretty please?
Level: 75 (Android),
Google+ name: Jutta Beer

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Livinez wrote:Back to Bonus Tier junk rewards...thanks. :| We still get 1 sticker per Bonus Tier so I suppose the “junk” is gravy.
Sorry if I seem a little negative, I had hoped I had seen the last of dyes, maps and the like in Bonus Tiers. :(

And to think I thought we were done with Prestige Points, Map Pieces ,and Dyes in the TF Bonus Tiers.

I hate to always complain about TF's, but really, they would be better appreciated if they were less frequent and more logical with rewards. It would not be that hard to do.

I sure wish the programmers would actually play the game. I don't think they understand the game dynamic because the people programming now were not here 3 years ago.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Oblio98 wrote:

And to think I thought we were done with Prestige Points, Map Pieces ,and Dyes in the TF Bonus Tiers.

I hate to always complain about TF's, but really, they would be better appreciated if they were less frequent and more logical with rewards. It would not be that hard to do.

I sure wish the programmers would actually play the game. I don't think they understand the game dynamic because the people programming now were not here 3 years ago.

We have heard the PB employees do play this game, but they obviously don’t play it the way we do.

For starters, they play it as their job, so they look for more activities and pressure to keep it from feeling tedious. We get that pressure from school or work or life. We play it after coming home from work, so we are looking to relax and enjoy it. Or we are retired and have no interest in adding chores or pressure to our relaxed existence.

Secondly, they play it with tons of storage and some of everything. For example, we learned from Mauimonkey’s Friend-ship experiments and correspondence with Support that all the PB employees have the old Friendship Friendly Flowers in their storage, so no one was aware the boat did not function correctly for players who don’t still have a bouquet in storage. What is the point of having them play then, if it isn’t to try to replicate a real player’s experiences?

I have also long suspected they also play with unlimited gems.

Back to bonus tiers - I kind of like seeing gems, doubloons and Primos in the bonus tiers, but I would like a much higher drop rate for random stickers. Relic Keys are new, so that’s interesting as long as they are rare. In fact I would rather have the goat reduced to maybe a quarter of the tiers, other stickers for about 60% and other stuff in the last 15%. The huge advantage to that would be it would be months before they needed to introduce yet another BT pet. We are getting way too many pets lately.

And the goat is oddly ugly. It looks like it is made of plastic, especially the blobby forelock these goats don’t even have. That doesn’t even get to the colossal bad taste of making a game of these animal’s medical condition. I am back to the conclusion I reached long ago that they need to reassign whoever is in charge and hire an adult who has the spine to veto the developers worst ideas.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Announcements”