Dinosaur Boat Event!

Game updates and news from the Crew
jg19902000

Re: Dinosaur Boat Event!

Postby jg19902000 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:23 pm

maggieo wrote:
jg19902000 wrote:
So, I finished my excavation and won boat. I have leftover sundries that I converted my teeth into. Usually, we have been able to sell the unused sundries. However, this time we can't. Why not PB staff??? I have a lot of sundries that I no longer need. Please let us get rid of unneccessary things! :roll:

I wholeheartedly agree! I hope this is just a glitch and not a conscious decision. I would not have bought another toolbox if I knew I couldn’t sell my extra Sundries to others who need help.

EXACTLY! I sell mine so that those who may not be able to buy more chests can level up and hopefully complete in time. There isn't much time left on event and I still can't sell. I'm afraid they aren't going to let us. :evil: :evil: :?:

jg19902000

Postby jg19902000 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:29 pm

J1st wrote:
BethM wrote:I think it was a conscious decision, since this is not the first time they have not let us sell the chests.

I guess in future people need to buy one early to test the WM while they can still use it for their own table if it turns out they can’t be sold to anyone else.

They can still be given to a finished table, but that feels like such a waste. You might just hang onto it until the event ends. People were speculating in another topic that they may let us sell them post-event.

If it's post event, I'll use them to buy bronze chests, not sell them, I don't need the gold with 20M in the bank. I think it was another ill-informed decision, and they have been making their share lately.

If I had known about not selling, I wouldn't have converted all those teeth into sundries. Lol If they let us sell post event, what hood does that do for those who didn't finish in time? I know there was one that I didn't finish in time and no matter how many items I earned, it didn't level me up.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 pm

For most of the tables, it has been possible to continue to level them up from gifts and sundries crates. I know someone posted not long ago about her boat table being finished upon receiving some wrenches after the event. We won’t know about this one until we get there.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

redrockbetty

Postby redrockbetty » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Why can't I sell leftover items from Dinosaur Boat Event? I thought someone that had not finished would want to buy them but I can't sell them...

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:58 pm

In all these events, their normal pattern is

1. to never let us sell the items that come from the trading post, chests, or boats,
2. To rarely let us sell special event items we make in mills (holly earrings and baubles being at least one exception),
3. To never let us sell the gifting items that come from those 30 gem units,
4. Usually, but no longer always, do let us sell the sundries crates.

Notable exceptions were the first pumpkin and the beehive events when they let us sell the pumpkin items and the flowers, and we all saw how badly those worked out. Considering the mess the pumpkins and flowers made, I am totally fine with them not letting us sell 1 thru 3 above. Though this event’s items should sell fairly quickly while the event is still on, IMO PB has a right to try to sell event bundles and too many useful event items floating around might compete with that. We are not accustomed to being able to sell those things anyway, so continuing that practice hasn’t taken anything away from us and I don’t get why so many people are acting surprised about it.

I don’t think, though, that there is any good reason not to let us sell the sundries crates.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm

And to be clear about things on my end, my "beef" is only about the sundries boxes. I never had a problem "eating" the stuff I used to make my table, but to take away any event helping is not a good idea, in my opinion.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 1
Lyzzie

Postby Lyzzie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 pm

I have only been getting the hammer and chisle from completing each level, and then it is only two. It sure makes it hard to earn from friends Islands as it is taking a very long time to level up. I am now only on lvl 9 with a day and a few hrs to go. It seems to me that those of us who cant afford to purchase sundries for what started out as a free game are not important. I guess I will not be working any more on these extra additions and just play the regular game.

Dhommey

Postby Dhommey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:56 am

Sucks I won't be able to finish because of the hurricane. Almost made it.

Lola16

Postby Lola16 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:07 am

Yet another table I didn’t finish. The game was so slow in the last day or so. Maybe due to the hurricane at your end? Maybe an extension should have been offered? Sure there must have been many on the east side of the states who were affected.

Return to “Announcements”