The Halloween Gathering Event is Here!

Game updates and news from the Crew
boan64

Re: The Halloween Gathering Event is Here!

Postby boan64 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:35 am

Chachadancer01 wrote:So I bought a cauldron for 100 gems, but I have not gotten any other cauldrons for the event. I am totally lost.

And I have done a few trades and boat orders but get no drops from
those

Are you sure any gems were deducted? I, too, see where cauldrons are in the build menu for 100 gems, but they are greyed out, showing 2/2. It doesn't look like they are available for gems at this point in time, maybe one will unlock later in the event.

Chachadancer01

Postby Chachadancer01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:22 am

All I have is limited time offer, creepy cauldron with 100 gems under it. Does not say 1 of anything

Chachadancer01

Postby Chachadancer01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:24 am

And it did deduct 100 gems, went from 243 to 143. I was hoping to earn those back during the event.

Chachadancer01

Postby Chachadancer01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:30 am

Ok haha on me just bought another for 100 more gems and no other cauldrons are there, guess the jokes on me

boan64

Postby boan64 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:05 am

Chachadancer01 wrote:Ok haha on me just bought another for 100 more gems and no other cauldrons are there, guess the jokes on me

That's a bummer, especially since this event is impossible to finish without either buying the kickstarter bundle (at least 3 cauldrons are needed to finish - 2 cauldrons produce just enough for the necessary ingredients to make the required quantity of pumpkin potions if they're harvested 3 times/hr for 16 hrs/day. No speed bonus on your workshop? Sorry you're out of luck! The other ingredients (for mixture and elixir) require one more cauldron or buku gems every day (about 320 gems on extra crafting resources per day, and even then that's ONLY IF you spend 16 hours per day harvesting your cauldrons 3 times per hour nonstop, keep the speed boosted workshop cranking out pumpkin potion virtually nonstop and keep your arrbucks and tiki bar running the brew and tonic for about 70% of the time for that same 16 hours per day). No speed bonus on those mills? Well, you better somehow manage to keep them producing nothing other than tonic and brew and at the same time still manage to fulfill the necessary TP and boat orders for the remaining crafting ingredients.

Reducing the cauldron's harvest time to 20 minutes still won't get the non-spenders there unless they somehow managed to store up about 3000 gems prior to the event and spent them evenly over ten days on the base ingredients. Extra cauldrons and non stop production are still needed.

THE ONLY WAY this event will be possible to finish for non spenders is if the developers give us a nice long blitz period where cauldrons and event specific mills produce at ridiculously quick rates, and hopefully announce that well in advance so people can take advantage of it.

Regarding your gems, if you put in a trouble ticket, I am sure they'll return any lost gems to you. Server logs keep track of that kind of stuff. Good luck!

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 am

boan64 wrote:THE ONLY WAY this event will be possible to finish for non spenders is if the developers give us a nice long blitz period where cauldrons and event specific mills produce at ridiculously quick rates, and hopefully announce that well in advance so people can take advantage of it.

I am playing with only two cauldrons and zero gems (so far, but the temptation is always there) and the problem is getting any/enough Unicorn Dust to proceed. My mills are largely idle, just waiting for Unicorn Dust... :evil:

I have 11 Moon dews in storage and 19 Green slime (7 Eerie Elixirs extra too). (The Mandrake Root and Nightshade are easily controlled items by simply not going for any.)

I am to level 6 on each totem after how many hours at the 20 minute rate?? SLOW, SLOW, slow progress without using gems to buy DUST!!! (Mills are NOT a problem, all are maxed anyway.) (I have plenty of storage space for stuff.)

Sorry, poorly designed for enjoyable play. Great for making players use gems though!!! (Sorry, my conclusion stands after so many hours of trying hard at it.)
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

LKW

Postby LKW » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:32 pm

This is too complicated and I would rather not play it but now I have inventory in the treehouse. Can you make it sellable??

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 pm

boan64 wrote:
Chachadancer01 wrote:So I bought a cauldron for 100 gems, but I have not gotten any other cauldrons for the event. I am totally lost.

those

Are you sure any gems were deducted? I, too, see where cauldrons are in the build menu for 100 gems, but they are greyed out, showing 2/2. It doesn't look like they are available for gems at this point in time, maybe one will unlock later in the event.

Yes, the only way to get extra cauldrons are by buying a kickstart bundle.
Then you’ll have 4 instead of 2.
No option to buy those for gems at this point.( greyed out)
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 5
outpt1

Postby outpt1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Like the way it’s set up to produce items.its not that hard to figure out.the main problem is the lack of ingredients and it’s different for other players depending where you are as I can see it.
It seems that management is not paying (play on words) any attention to what is being said. It appears greed has set in and the bottom line is the almighty dollar depending on where you live. Not going to stop playing just going to choose the event to participate in.very very sad this is a great game and idea that is being destroyed.
Level 80
Small town East Texas
Island 1 outpt1
Island 2 outpt2 of course

Chachadancer01

Postby Chachadancer01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Lutka48 wrote:
boan64 wrote:

those

Yes, the only way to get extra cauldrons are by buying a kickstart bundle.
Then you’ll have 4 instead of 2.
No option to buy those for gems at this point.( greyed out)

!. I never received 2 free cauldrons, the ones i have both cost me 100 gems.
2. I do not get the drops from doing trades or ship trades.
I cannot get any items other than what the 2 cauldrons give. This event is screwed up for me.

I started 2 weeks ago and am level 30. It said you had to be level 23 to play.

I have put a ticket in and would like my 200 gems back if i can't play the event, but i am not holding my breath i will get them.

Return to “Announcements”