Farewell from Paradise Bay

Game updates and news from the Crew
MyGoodGrandma

Re: Farewell from Paradise Bay

Postby MyGoodGrandma » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 pm

I have really injoyed this game and I’m very sad to see it go, I fell it’s all about money obviously you didn’t make as much as you thought you should, typical greedy game company you don’t care about us the people who play the game, it’s sad your so gready.

Leeloo76

Postby Leeloo76 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 pm

I don't get it..
WHY is this game closing?

Are You crazy? I've been playing this game for 6 years or so..
I am not to Happy about this. Gonna miss my little island, with all the
Animals. This is just SO Wrong. HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?

Raffy41

Postby Raffy41 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:11 pm

Did anyone else receive unlimited diamonds

Winsum

Postby Winsum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm

There is no way we will be able to use all that gems and coins I have in coins 5.2m and stars pink stars 64,000, I think all players should get a refund of some sort, you created the game that we could not win and spent money and there are cheats out there telling people how you can scam the game to get more gems.

You not given enough notice and it’s not fair

redhed83402

Postby redhed83402 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Well this stinks on a number of levels ~ for the folks at King, for the folks who play , and for any others that were looking for a good, wholesome, non-violent, non-sexual, happy game with good graphics, fun goals, and expandibility...... yah, I could go on and on. You know,mm 'very spent money on this game and that is what it is ~ I chose to spend it, knowing it was a probable waste going to thin air ~ it was a calculated entertainment expenditure. I'm not so upset about that. But what IS upsetting is that there really isn't another game that is as fun, and mild, and interactive, and has kept me interested in it for 3 years. I literally play no other games. I'm not a gamer. But I have had a lot of fun with this, with my nieces and nephews, my kids and grandkids ~ it's been one that I never had to worry about as far as snasty, innaproppriate, filth. It was just good fun, with actual consequential learning, and aesthetic qualities! Probably the ultimate reason it had to go is because it was too good. Some evil corporate dork is gloating with satisfaction somewhere. (Jerk!) Pity, a true pity. Before this game, I used to play a pottery game ~ it's not as great as this game, but for those looking for an alternative that still has some calming aesthetic value, I recommend it. I think it was just called "the pottery game". At the Google play store, it has a picture of a brown pot on a green background. Again, it's not quite as cool as PB, but it is relaxing and nice. Pity and a shame about Paradise Bay, pity and a shame........
EDITED TO ADD: the pottery game is now a brown pot on a brown background, and it's called "Let's Create, Pottery game".
Last edited by redhed83402 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nonaleep

Postby Nonaleep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 pm

PLEASE LIFT THE RESTRICTIONS ON THE STICKER CHESTS SO WE CAN AT LEAST USE THE 10million gems you gave us.

Having the gems is a slap in the face with nothing to spend them on.

Let us that love this game get all the animals. Before you pull the plug.

What a shame one lesson learned here, do not spend real MONEY ON ANY ONLINE GAME,!

Long time player that quit a year ago and started up again a few months ago.

Slushing

Postby Slushing » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 am

You know,this isn’t just a game. It’s a project, something we built, spent years working on daily. It would be a lot easier to deal with if it was just a game we were playing. But we’ve accomplished so much. Made our islands our own. Worked so hard to win and care for each pet. Spent years designing and redesigning until we created something we were so pleased with! It’s been an escape....a comfort during troubled times in our lives. To see it go away hurts tremendously! We are losing something that has been a pleasing part of our everyday lives. It may sound stupid, but I am actually in mourning at the fact that I will never see my beautiful little island and my pets again. I can’t believe it’s being taken away. I would be happy to pay for this game....to buy it outright or pay a monthly or yearly fee to play it. Why was that not considered? Why just take away something that means so much to so many? I can’t think of a single game out there that has meant this much to its players. I am absolutely heartbroken.

Newbie4Life

Postby Newbie4Life » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 am

Ahui hou (farewell/until we meet again) King Games ~ Paradise Bay :( Mahalo nui loa (thank-you very much) for the years of fun, excitement, inspiration, joy and laughter. If only you knew how much you've helped thousands of people (young & old) defeat their psychological, emotional and physical [health] concerns and/or conditions by just signing on. And who also looked forward to playing an online game with no interruptions or disturbances to their daily/nightly struggles.

May God Bless all personnel & players. I will miss you! I, like most player, never imagined it coming to an end.

P.S. mahalo for the gems!

PerkyUndertaker

Postby PerkyUndertaker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 am

Paradise Bay was the best game app I have ever played. The graphics, the events, the interactions with other players, the decorations, the pets, the mills, the farming, the market and boat tradi ng, the mini games (i.e. looking for relics etc) were top notch, layered and superbly thought out features. Then there was the ability to grow relationships with the characters and be rewarded for it. It was like stepping into another world...and trust me, I have gone through some really tough times over the years where I needed to be somewhere else. I've played this game while recovering from major surgery, when one of my loved ones was battling cancer as well as when my career was turned upside down by corporate madness. I am a level 80 player who has been playing almost from the beginning and no other game comes even close. I get bored easily and delete them. So sad. I hope some of these brilliant developers will break out and create their own game similar to PB. As someone who has worked in the software industry most of my adult life, I know what it feels like when greedy, faceless people at the top make who only care about the bottom line decisions to destroy brilliance because they can't rake in enough coins.I have seen departments and teams dismantled and brilliant people let go because they didn't hit the right numbers while other less exceptional teams and departments were spared. I have seen brilliant, synergy filled teams taken apart and reassigned to departments where there was more potential to take in dollars. It's never personal but to me, that's the problem. PB is one of the most multifaceted games available. Most comparable games only have one or two features like farming and trading. PB was a labor of love with an almost cult -like following. How do jyou just discard that? They were obviously making money. Just ask all the players who spent money and now feel duped. Plus they had in game ads. It just wasn't enough money for them. Stuff like this never makes sense...but I remain optimistic that when one door closes another opens. Thank you PB team for the gift that has been Paradise Bay. You made an impact and your creativity, thoughtfulness and brilliant, peaceful, nonviolent and beautiful game will be deeply missed. Safe travels mateys!

Agitated88

Postby Agitated88 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:56 am

Why did you pull the additional items from Bazzar, I would have like to get the item I needed from Sede and the others. I thought we could continue to play til May? Also will there be anymore challenges for animals? Like to play this to the end and try to reach level 80.

Return to “Announcements”