Extremely large trade request orders

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
DeanB

Extremely large trade request orders

Postby DeanB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:24 pm

I had some updates today and now notice that I have received several trade requests from the islanders for extremely large orders of long build-time items. Examples include separate orders for 14 lanterns, 15 spyglasses, and 12 snorkels. I have seen it on both an iPad game and a Windows game. Anyone else getting these types of trade requests? Obviously one can't fill several of these types of requests without having massive storage with large number of long-build items, as well as substantial stacking. Who would want to trade that many items for a minimal amount of coin and a couple of Spectral Shillings? I wonder whether it is a ploy by King to slow down progress on the Haunted Drafting Table building event to encourage players to buy more Candy Buckets.
DeanBMD - IPad
Dean - Windows

Tier 16
Ely321

Re: Extremely large trade request orders

Postby Ely321 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:32 pm

DeanB wrote:I had some updates today and now notice that I have received several trade requests from the islanders for extremely large orders of long build-time items. Examples include separate orders for 14 lanterns, 15 spyglasses, and 12 snorkels. I have seen it on both an iPad game and a Windows game. Anyone else getting these types of trade requests? Obviously one can't fill several of these types of requests without having massive storage with large number of long-build items, as well as substantial stacking. Who would want to trade that many items for a minimal amount of coin and a couple of Spectral Shillings? I wonder whether it is a ploy by King to slow down progress on the Haunted Drafting Table building event to encourage players to buy more Candy Buckets. (Even as I wrote this message, I received an order for 30 bubblegum and 11 Rafts, and another order for 13 Sandals and 11 Snorkels - each order would yield 1,000 or less coins.)

curious, did you get the retro storage upgrade? just wondering if they've upped the quantity because they see we have the ability to hold more so have made it harder? if so, really not looking forward to the next TF requests :?
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

DeanB

Postby DeanB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 pm

I did not get any storage upgrade. By the way, during the time it took me to write my original message, I received an order for 30 XXX and 11 Rafts, and a separate order for 13 Sandals and 11 Snorkels - each worth 1,000 points or less. (The XXX stands for the fruit that is used to make wine. The website keeps changing the correct word into bubblegum. It is either a glitch or bad joke by the website managers.)
DeanBMD - IPad
Dean - Windows

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 pm

DeanB wrote:I did not get any storage upgrade. By the way, during the time it took me to write my original message, I received an order for 30 XXX and 11 Rafts, and a separate order for 13 Sandals and 11 Snorkels - each worth 1,000 points or less. (The XXX stands for the fruit that is used to make wine. The website keeps changing the correct word into bubblegum. It is either a glitch or bad joke by the website managers.)

They do the bubblegum thing on purpose, because if you take the g off of [email protected] it would spell a word they block.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

DeanB

Postby DeanB » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Now I just need someone to explain what King is doing by introducing the massive trade requests
DeanBMD - IPad
Dean - Windows

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 pm

I’m getting these ridiculous requests, too. It’s outrageous and demotivating. I noticed it yesterday, too, when they had the status circles. My circles are back again. When they were absent, the requests were not like this.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:14 pm

This is my Trade Post right now. If this keeps up, I’m going to trade in all my tricks for sundries make this thing be done! I was saving them for chests since we have 5 days left, but this is too much.

Sheena- 38 gr-apes for 410 coin, 595 xp, 43 hearts, and ONE shilling (are you kidding me?!)
Clara- 2 Kickin’ Cacao & 1 Adventuring Jacket for 354/415/31 and 2 shillings (ok)
Wesley- 38 lavendar and 8 seafood stew for 2550/2227/192 and TWO shillings (no flipping way!)
Sheena- 8 banana pancakes, 15 needles, & 8 sunhats for 1970/1567/142 and 5 shillings (I don’t think so)
Wesley- 1 knitting needle and 2 serums for 417/282/28 and one shilling (maybe)
Island name: TraderGrl

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:18 pm

If they are serious about upping the Tradepost orders then I wonder how out outlandish the boat orders will become.
This will definitely remove all of the fun from the game.
Maybe they are trying to get everyone to quit playing. ;)

Tier 12
mattlynch

Postby mattlynch » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Try Deleting all Trade Post Orders then quit out Game then wait 15 Minutes then Reload your Game it should go back to normal Maybe it did for me ,it is a Glitch due to the Download of 34-39 that changed the Octopus Icon from Gold to Sliver and put more Detail on the Box item the Bazaar that give a 1000 Heart Points to Haunted Drafting Table plus for some gave the New Feature in the Trade Post that put Circles of Blue around the Characters Icons for Trade Completion of the items needed.
Level 75/ 14.00M Gold Coins
Started July 2016/Android Tablet
GP ID TheGamersGuild2030
FB ID Matt Lynch same Avatar as Forum
Pets all Bronze /all Sliver /Gold but 1
All Mills/Recipes 1 To Go
All Land/All Islands
TS 2985/ WS 2945
Gems 400

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 am

I haven't seen any outrageous requests yet but I don't have the circles around the trade post requests either. I've gotten the last couple of small updates but have yet to see those circles.....not sure I want to now. I don't know how they could reasonably up the demand from the requests just because they are granting seasoned players storage increases to match what new players are getting. There are many, many players that are not members of the forum that will not know to request the increase in storage. That would run a lot of players off I would think.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”