Extremely large trade request orders

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Subeedei

Re: Extremely large trade request orders

Postby Subeedei » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:00 pm

I am getting the same on both my windows accounts.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Finally got a couple of those huge requests, I just deleted them and waited for 15 minutes and got a reasonable request next time. The huge ones appear to be tied to shillings. I've got what it is asking for, I just don't want to part with that much at one time. :lol: :lol:
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Starlarose wrote:Even with the increase in storage this could run people off.
I for one will stop playing if all of the orders are like this. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Me too. We've got the increase in storage to compensate to some exxtent for the huge advantages that newer players had. Most of us have barely started to build up stocks of items so far. Also, we don't have any increase in the ability to make items, I'm still limited by the speed at which the weaver and workshops can make basic items, and the rate at which I can grow and harvest things like mangoes and cacao, so extra storage is no help in dealing with these crazy orders.

I think they made a serious mistake with the rapid increases in storage given to newer players because it has unbalanced all sorts of things, not least the World Market which now rarely has anything other than the money-making items from the 3rd boxes on other islands, simply because nobody needs to sell anything in order to manage their storage.

Tier 2
cupcakechrissy

Postby cupcakechrissy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:45 pm

I have to agree with you regarding the large trade requests. I have been deleting the huge requests because the payoff it not large for example 9 ropes or 10 sandals and I would only recieve 1 Spectral Coin.
I really want to finish the haunted draft table. I am close but now I have wait another 15 minutes for the next orders to reappear. I don't want to deplete my storage because I want to be ready for when the next tradefest goes active. Good luck to all of you!
Level 75 Windows 10 PC

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:55 pm

cupcakechrissy wrote:I have to agree with you regarding the large trade requests. I have been deleting the huge requests because the payoff it not large for example 9 ropes or 10 sandals and I would only recieve 1 Spectral Coin.
I really want to finish the haunted draft table. I am close but now I have wait another 15 minutes for the next orders to reappear. I don't want to deplete my storage because I want to be ready for when the next tradefest goes active. Good luck to all of you!

Lucky you. I currently have orders for 4 dive helmets plus 14 gold ore, another for 12 energy drinks, another for 11 abacuses plus 8 sandals. There really isn't any point in even trying.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Personally, I think the extreme orders are a delaying tactic. They know you won't fill them, so you'll delete them and have to wait the 15 minutes to get a more reasonable one. Notice the large orders have shillings attached to them. I think they didn't do their due diligence on the timeframes for this event. A lot of people are completing their tables way too early. I mean we still have over 4 days to complete it now and I see lots of ghost parrots atop ships. This will extend the play time for the event. The opinions expressed here are my own. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by J1st on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:
cupcakechrissy wrote:I have to agree with you regarding the large trade requests. I have been deleting the huge requests because the payoff it not large for example 9 ropes or 10 sandals and I would only recieve 1 Spectral Coin.

Lucky you. I currently have orders for 4 dive helmets plus 14 gold ore, another for 12 energy drinks, another for 11 abacuses plus 8 sandals. There really isn't any point in even trying.

I would just delete them, there is no sense in trying to fill those orders. Wait the 15 minutes and get some reasonable requests.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:59 pm

J1st wrote:Personally, I think the extreme orders are a delaying tactic. They know you won't fill them, so you'll delete them and have to wait the 15 minutes to get a more reasonable one. Notice the large orders have shillings attached to them. I think they didn't do their due diligence on the timeframes for this event. A lot of people are completing their tables way too early. I mean we still have over 4 days to complete it now and I see lots of ghost parrots atop ships. This will extend to play time for the event. The opinions expressed here are my own. :lol: :lol: :lol:

imo-i think if they had done the reverse would have been a better tactic. make the starting orders a bit harder, not as hard as they are now and then relax the orders nearer the end so everyone could finish unfrustrated-imo
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Ely321 wrote:
imo-i think if they had done the reverse would have been a better tactic. make the starting orders a bit harder, not as hard as they are now and then relax the orders nearer the end so everyone could finish unfrustrated-imo

Good point, except if they had started out with these super large requests, a lot more people may have just quit from the start, thinking they will never use most or all of these components anyway.

I don't know if their objective with these big orders was to stretch out our progress so much as to panic us into buying more of the pumpkin treat buckets. I tend to be cynical re the motives of any for-profit entity, but these guys seem to be a lot more interested in selling gems for money than in quality of our game playing experience. They also probably have another treat and box bundle offer waiting for nearer the end they want to sell.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:11 pm

BethM wrote:
Ely321 wrote:

Good point, except if they had started out with these super large requests, a lot more people may have just quit from the start, thinking they will never use most or all of these components anyway.

Beth, you seem to have missed part of my post "a bit harder, not as hard as they are now" means I do not think they should have them as hard as they are now but if they were just a wee bit harder then relax them as they go along so by the last day the orders would look like 5 rope for 7 shillings but the first orders would look like 10 rope for 1 shilling.
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”