Extremely large trade request orders

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Missjanecobb

Re: Extremely large trade request orders

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:19 pm

J1st wrote:Personally, I think the extreme orders are a delaying tactic. They know you won't fill them, so you'll delete them and have to wait the 15 minutes to get a more reasonable one. Notice the large orders have shillings attached to them. I think they didn't do their due diligence on the timeframes for this event. A lot of people are completing their tables way too early. I mean we still have over 4 days to complete it now and I see lots of ghost parrots atop ships. This will extend the play time for the event. The opinions expressed here are my own. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of mine have shillings attached to them, every one has since the beginning of the ghost table event. And deleting one doesn't get a replacement with a more sensible request, they are all crazy or else give such tiny rewards that they aren't worth it.

Tier 2
cupcakechrissy

Postby cupcakechrissy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:
cupcakechrissy wrote:I have to agree with you regarding the large trade requests. I have been deleting the huge requests because the payoff it not large for example 9 ropes or 10 sandals and I would only recieve 1 Spectral Coin.
I really want to finish the haunted draft table. I am close but now I have wait another 15 minutes for the next orders to reappear. I don't want to deplete my storage because I want to be ready for when the next tradefest goes active. Good luck to all of you!

Lucky you. I currently have orders for 4 dive helmets plus 14 gold ore, another for 12 energy drinks, another for 11 abacuses plus 8 sandals. There really isn't any point in even trying.

It is very frustrating because the orders are super huge and I don't want to part with this amount of stuff. But I still fell for the 10 pinapple cakes order and now I have to wait for my wheat to grow so I can make some more! I understand everyones frustration. It is tapping me out!
Level 75 Windows 10 PC

Tier 2
cupcakechrissy

Postby cupcakechrissy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:25 pm

BethM wrote:I do actually have that many mangos in storage, but Clara's not getting em.

In addition to lots of grilled mushroom requests, my orders have been pretty heavy on the mango ice cream item.

My second game has no blue circles and no silly requests, unless you want to count 3 milk and 15 iron for 3 shillings. I have never seen a request for 15 anythings in that game before, but this one was at least worth considering.

It is kinda like they know how much we have in storage. For example: I have 8 steel drums and one order wanted ALL of them exactly. Weird!
Level 75 Windows 10 PC

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Ely321 wrote:
Beth, you seem to have missed part of my post "a bit harder, not as hard as they are now" means I do not think they should have them as hard as they are now but if they were just a wee bit harder then relax them as they go along so by the last day the orders would look like 5 rope for 7 shillings but the first orders would look like 10 rope for 1 shilling.

Ah, yes, only slightly harder might work. I like the idea of getting a bit easier as we are getting tired of it. Just like Tradefests, these events always go on way too long for me. I kind of miss the feeling of having crested the summit we used to have when the later rounds required so many fewer hearts.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

DeanB

Postby DeanB » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 pm

I also suspect that King wrote the program code to check how many items a player has in storage and then to propose trades for all, almost all, or more than all of the stored items. It is like they wrote the code to give players a choice to deplete their stores prior to the upcoming trade fest, or to cause a delay in completing the Table build. In either case, players could be more inclined to buy gems to finish the events. It seems like a win-win for King and a lose-lose choice for the players.
DeanBMD - IPad
Dean - Windows

Tier 2
Pinque

Postby Pinque » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:39 pm

I wouldn't mind the huge orders so much if they had rewards that were proportionate to the request. But right now, some of the ridiculous requests are way below value on some much smaller requests.....
~*Pinque*~
Lvl 80

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:06 pm

cupcakechrissy wrote:It is kinda like they know how much we have in storage. For example: I have 8 steel drums and one order wanted ALL of them exactly. Weird!

You might have a point there, because I've had several asking for just one more than I have in store. It would be reasonably easy to make one more, but then I'm in the situation of having to spend the next 2 days replenishing what i've just handed over.

I wonder if some oblivious person dreamed that one up without considering that the limitation is not so much storage space but growing and manufacturing time.

And just in case anyone from PB is reading this, I have no intention of being pushed into buying a lot of gems. I will walk away from the game before i did that.

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:01 pm

mattlynch wrote:Try Deleting all Trade Post Orders then quit out Game then wait 15 Minutes then Reload your Game it should go back to normal Maybe it did for me ,it is a Glitch due to the Download of 34-39 that changed the Octopus Icon from Gold to Sliver and put more Detail on the Box item the Bazaar that give a 1000 Heart Points to Haunted Drafting Table plus for some gave the New Feature in the Trade Post that put Circles of Blue around the Characters Icons for Trade Completion of the items needed.

Doesn't work. And a number of us have tried it and it doesn't work for any of us. Immediately after trying that I had:-

Pike - 25 iron ore, 15 planks and 10 seaweed face masks
Sita - 11 energy drinks.
Finn 8 bottles of syrup, 11 crab stew and 7 abacuses

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:43 am

I seem to be getting fewer of the huge orders, but I have started getting orders requiring either sap or products made with sap and offering fewer shillings than the sap needed to fill the order. I'd be ahead to just feed the sap directly to the table.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 17
Modernflowers

Postby Modernflowers » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:56 am

61 crabs, 12 silver, 3 fish tacos. I mean mine are LARGE obnoxious orders. All deleted and I will never finish the table under these constraints. Nice job PB. I sent in a ticket but what a waste of time.
Game Center ID modernflowers
Alt name: Y----- Ya---- or Nicolina
Level 75 :lol:
Time zone EST the Midwest baby!
iOS
Facebook Modern Flowers

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”