Note to whoever is in charge

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Fmca

Note to whoever is in charge

Postby Fmca » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:27 am

On the days you give out pet stickers I don’t get any because I’m maxed out on most, but not all, and the ones I’m not maxed out on you obviously don’t offer.

On the days you give out extra Shih Tze stickers, pointless me playing because I maxed out on them a while ago.

Whilst I understand you want to reward newer players, how about rewarding long time players?

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Note to whoever is in charge

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Have you considered that this is a situation you created yourself by the way you chose to play?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:20 pm

BethM wrote:Have you considered that this is a situation you created yourself by the way you chose to play?

Beth, I believe that Fmca was directing this post to the devs, not you, unless you have some control over the game development? imo-your choice of response was inappropriate, judgemental and rude. JustSaying
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Fmca

Postby Fmca » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Ely321 wrote:
BethM wrote:Have you considered that this is a situation you created yourself by the way you chose to play?

Beth, I believe that Fmca was directing this post to the devs, not you, unless you have some control over the game development? imo-your choice of response was inappropriate, judgemental and rude. JustSaying

Thank you Ely. I choose to play this game as a good Islander,. I finish tasks within time because Islanders I don’t know help me and trust me to help them along the way as well. I keep a friends island slot open for when I see new players so I can feed their pets and I offer for sell stuff that takes time and resources...I play to help other players, and other players help me

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Fmca wrote:
Ely321 wrote:

Thank you Ely. I choose to play this game as a good Islander,. I finish tasks within time because Islanders I don’t know help me and trust me to help them along the way as well. I keep a friends island slot open for when I see new players so I can feed their pets and I offer for sell stuff that takes time and resources...I play to help other players, and other players help me

and I for one appreciate your opinion, and your getting the nerve up to voice that opinion on what others have described as a "hostile" forum. there are a lot of long time players that rarely voice their opinions because, as they have stated, they are afraid to voice them here due to their feeling "attacked". Everyone has an opinion and has the right to voice that opinion even if it differs from others. I've heard a lot of other long time players that are voicing the same opinion as you have and hopefully the devs will come up with a solution-but they won't know there's a issue if the players don't give their opinions will they? :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:37 pm

I have some sympathy for players who are at max level and play a lot so they are also finished with all but the rarest pets.

What got me was whining about already being finished with the dog. We know how long we had the kraken before they switched to the tortoise. We know how long the tortoise sat there before they released the dog. They always wait until a good portion of players have finished these pets before they switch it. So why complain like it is someone else's fault because you chose to do adventure after adventure until you earned the hundreds of stickers needed to complete the dog? There is such an air of entitlement about demanding a new toy because you deliberately broke the one they just gave you.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm

and I do not feel that fmca's examples were whiny in the least :D I feel they were specific examples so that the devs would understand what fmca was referring to :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm

The devs don't post here.

If people want to talk only to the devs, they can submit a ticket. This is a public forum and a General Discussion topic.

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm

actually, the last time I submitted a ticket, the devs auto-reply directed me to the forum to find the answers-this is why so many post their questions here. I was also informed by them directly that they do read the forum :D

yes, everyone is welcome to post in any topic :D
yes, everyone is welcome to give their opinions :D

Tier 2
Shegotlegs

Postby Shegotlegs » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:11 pm

It's unnecessary and very counterproductive to attack the way other players choose to pursue playing PB. I too am one of the higher level players frustrated by the way the pet stickers are released. That doesn't mean that the way I reached my current level somehow implies that they way I play the game has any relationship to how PB chooses to release pet stickers. We each play in the way that is comfortable for us whether that mean "playing adventure after adventure" to max the smile'zu or any other method. You might want to examine our own motivation in being critical of how other players choose to pursue objectives in this or any other game. This forum would be much better if the tome of our posts was more encouraging and positive rather than critical and envying. FMCA has pursued a task in his/her own fashion and we all encourage you to do the same, Beth.

I hope you continue to enjoy your own time and methods on PB and allow others to enjoy the way they choose to play as well.
Game Center ID SheGotLegs
Level 80 & Level 78 islands
Coins 39M
Storage 3600+
Wish List: Release more of the past TF bonus tier pets so we can use our bronze pet tickets!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”