Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 1
bennyjet

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby bennyjet » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:33 am

Please post again if you need more screenshots. I took one of my order for 23 peppers and 42 wheat for 2 shillings. Posting screenshots on this forum is difficult and I don't want to download an app/create accounts to post a image if it's not needed. I hope they get this fixed asap; I'm having a hard time with the event because so many orders are deleted or you only get 1 shilling for harder items.
Level 70
Working on pet stickers, MM and characters

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 am

Has anyone actually had a proper response from Support to this? I told them that they don't need screenshots, they know perfectly well what we are referring to.

I suspect that someone though it would be a good way to solve the problem that they generated by giving 25 storage spaces per level to newer players, resulting in many people with huge amounts of storage. Meanwhile, despite extra levels being added, new mills etc, there has been no increase at all in the ability to make raw and basic construction materials. A new and extremely expensive novelty sloth is not what is required. We are now being asked to fulfill ludicrous orders without the facilities to produce what we need.

I think the increase in storage has created a huge problem. Not only did it initially produce bad feeling from higher level players, but it has also pretty much destroyed the WM because nobody now needs to sell and buy to manage their storage space, so the WM consists almost entirely of the Island 3rd slot items which people post up in the expectation that Wesley will eventually take them. Even if they increased manufacturing capability what they have produced is a game where you do nothing but mechanically point and click as fast as you can to produce items to fulfil the crazy requests, and the thing that made the game interesting - the logistics and planning - has gone almost entirely. Their unthinking changes have produced a monster and i'm not sure that there is actually any way back from it unless they completely re-set the game play.

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Here is the response I got this morning. Take from it what you will:

"Thanks for writing in and sharing with us your experience, Trademaster!
We really appreciate the time you took to forward your feedback to us!

I’ll make sure that this reaches our development crew ;) We aim to provide you with the best gaming experience possible, so any suggestion is highly appreciated! Keep 'em coming!

You can also post your suggestion in our Forum. Check it out! http://paradisebaygame.com/forums/

Please, let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you
."

I have responded to them but don't anticipate that this dept can do much about it. Sorry for all those that are trying to finish this event and have this thrown on them.
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Thx to all that have taken screen shots, if they request more I will let you all know :D

To be fair to the ticket dept, the questions I asked regarding the large TP orders were piggy backed onto another issue that they quickly and efficiently resolved. I think that this is just something that one dept can't do/answer for us which is why they sent it to the correct dept.

Like Jerry said, we'll have to wait for the next TF to see how/if it impacts us there.
I feel very badly for those trying to finish their tables right now.

Tazy, do you have access to anyone from the forum that may be able to sell you some sap/etc to help you with your table?

JML222-i hope that the orders get smaller as we deplete our supply especially on the next TF :lol: or nobody will be getting that pet :cry: and if that is the case, there will be a very big sale on my islands before or at the start of the next TF :lol:

MissJaneCobb you make some very good points, I don't think we hear from you often enough :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:Has anyone actually had a proper response from Support to this? I told them that they don't need screenshots, they know perfectly well what we are referring to.

I suspect that someone though it would be a good way to solve the problem that they generated by giving 25 storage spaces per level to newer players, resulting in many people with huge amounts of storage.

We can't know what their end game is but it us pretty clear they are tinkering with the trading post algorithms. I think they also have upped the difficulty of the larger boats, as much as 2 or 3 weeks ago. I used to be able to fill Carls order from inventory most of the time, or maybe make one of this or that. Lately he is asking for much higher quantities (6 lenses at the moment).

IMO, the devs are missing the big picture. For starters, the vast majority of existing players won't even know about or ask for the retroactive upgrade, so their storage is only slightly more than the old system. At this point, only players who played for a while under the increased storage beta and players with the retroactive increase have a lot more storage than similar level players a year ago. Secondly, I would have thought that the whole point of increasing the storage limits was to make the game more fun and less frustrating. That object is defeated if they increase quantities to make our new inventories disappear as fast as the old ones did.

It feels like they saw there was a demand-storage imbalance, set out to fix that by increasing storage. That succeeded and they should have stopped there. Instead, they seem to be increasing the demands in an attempt to restore that very imbalance they wanted to get rid of in the first place. What was the point of all that extra storage if it wasn't to make filling orders easier?
Last edited by BethM on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Beth, I've found that my boat orders haven't changed at all. Hopefully they won't :lol:

I think the increase quantities in TP is actually harder than before we had the storage upgrade. I feel this will discourage so many players that PB will be too much like work and they may chose another game over it. Hopefully this is just a glitch and will return to normal soon.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:10 pm

I don't think it was a glitch so much as a miscalculation. In my games, it looks like they have already made some adjustments. I have been deleting TP orders in both games since I finished last night, hoping to get some screen caps for Eli, but none of them has been outlandish. Hard, yes; too much work for too few shillings, yes; but nothing like the 57 mango request I got on the first day.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:19 pm

I've been doing (and deleting) a lot of TP orders lately, since I just today finished the haunted drafting table. They might have been slightly harder than before (or maybe I'm just imagining), but I definitely haven't seen any of those ridiculous orders other players have posted in this thread.

jusu

Postby jusu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:23 pm

New poster here.

I also noticed the huge orders. And it's not the huge orders that are so much a problem, it's that the reward (gold, XP, hearts, and for now, shillings) is not commensurate with what is being sold. If I'm not getting a fair deal, I have absolutely no incentive to trade! Why trade huge amounts when I can delete and wait for something that takes much less and get the same payment?

For example, (screenshots below), I recently had an order for 6 silver ore, which takes 18 hours to make, and an order for two rafts and a pineapple juice, which would take an hour and five minutes. For both of them, I was offered two shillings! If it's taking me 18 times as long, shouldn't I get 36 shillings for the effort, 18 times the gold, 18 times the XP?

With the below two screenshots as an example, assuming the raft order is standard, I should receive around 36 shillings, 2,000 gold, and 160 experience instead of 2 shillings, 373 gold, and 27 experience for the silver.

King needs to make it fair whether that's increasing what we get for large orders or (please no!) decreasing what we get for small orders.

Level 80
Island name - jusu

Tier 4
Snooby

Postby Snooby » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:06 pm

this is today. 31st. I've had lots of others, including 68 coffee beans, and I have approx. 615 storage
Kent. England
First Island - disepara, July 2016, level 80
Second island - Chicken run, April 2018, level 55.
Pet count. - abysmal :oops:
https://youtu.be/DYlcVevsx_8

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”