Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
jdyoder
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby jdyoder » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

The problem is not just huge orders, but the majority of orders are asking for everything you have in storage or 1-2 more than you already have. Extra storage doesn't really alleviate this because you can't stock up if it's always asking you to sell everything you have. Most of the time I don't do a lot of tradepost orders anyway, but I'm not really sure how to develop a strategy for events if this continues.
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby BethM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 pm

My strategy was to delete Trading Post orders for excessive amounts and to stop harvesting crops until needed. Basically, that means leaving all that extra inventory space sitting empty and working only 2 or 3 trading post orders at a time with the other slots waiting to refresh.

During Tradefest, it may also mean just deleting Jasper's requests for filling trading post orders, depending on the quantity and what I have going.

I did finally get a reply to the ticket I submitted back on day 1 of the boat event about the request for 57 mangos. They explained this adjustment to the trading post was the result of the additional storage. They response didn't say any thing about already being aware of the excessive requests or working to refine the T P order generating process.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Tier 11
Scubakat
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Scubakat » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 pm

That is just not right considering there are still many, many people that have not received the increase nor are they aware of the need to request it. On top of that no one is able to send in tickets at this point to even request it.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75
Top

Tier 11
Lutka48
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Lutka48 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:09 pm

BethM wrote:My strategy was to delete Trading Post orders for excessive amounts and to stop harvesting crops until needed. Basically, that means leaving all that extra inventory space sitting empty and working only 2 or 3 trading post orders at a time with the other slots waiting to refresh.

During Tradefest, it may also mean just deleting Jasper's requests for filling trading post orders, depending on the quantity and what I have going.

I did finally get a reply to the ticket I submitted back on day 1 of the boat event about the request for 57 mangos. They explained this adjustment to the trading post was the result of the additional storage. They response didn't say any thing about already being aware of the excessive requests or working to refine the T P order generating process.

I am afraid it’s going to completely kill the game.
Before the storage upgrade I don’t remember request even for 10 mango. Usually it would be like 5.
It’s not like we have 10 times more room now or mango suddenly matures faster.
I know we could keep deleting trade post orders except for the timed ones ( 3 for 100 hearts) but since about 30% of hearts come from TP and boat orders excessive demands like that could slow it down immensely.
Hopefully I just worry too much.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island
Location: Canada
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby BethM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 pm

In relaying info re PB response, I didn't mean to imply they are not doing anything about it, just that particular employee gave me a simple, straightforward answer that didn't address that point. He also did increase my storage, even though I hadn't actually asked for that ( and didn't plan to in this game).

I did respond that given a choice, I would rather have the old trading post and my old storage.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Missjanecobb
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Missjanecobb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:33 pm

I had a reply to my ticket about the crazy requests but i can't now get back to copy it - like many others i'm just getting an error message.

Basically, the reply i had said that because we had been given so much extra storage space, they had increased the number of items we were being asked for. Also that many people have said they like it!!!
What doesn't seem to have occurred to them is that the limiting factor is not primarily storage, but the ability to manufacture items. The amount of crops especially tree crops we can gather has increased very little and we don't have any more or faster mills. Also, those of us who have acquired the extra space have not had the chance to build our inventory yet due to those mills limiting things.
Top

Tier 11
Lutka48
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Lutka48 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 pm

Missjanecobb wrote:I had a reply to my ticket about the crazy requests but i can't now get back to copy it - like many others i'm just getting an error message.

Basically, the reply i had said that because we had been given so much extra storage space, they had increased the number of items we were being asked for. Also that many people have said they like it!!!
What doesn't seem to have occurred to them is that the limiting factor is not primarily storage, but the ability to manufacture items. The amount of crops especially tree crops we can gather has increased very little and we don't have any more or faster mills. Also, those of us who have acquired the extra space have not had the chance to build our inventory yet due to those mills limiting things.

That is so strange . I don’t think I saw 1 person in this forum who would be happy about excessive post order demands and just like Beth said I also would rather go back to my old storage than face crazy trade post orders.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island
Location: Canada
Top

Tier 11
Scubakat
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Scubakat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 am

Missjanecobb wrote:I had a reply to my ticket about the crazy requests but i can't now get back to copy it - like many others i'm just getting an error message.

Basically, the reply i had said that because we had been given so much extra storage space, they had increased the number of items we were being asked for. Also that many people have said they like it!!!
What doesn't seem to have occurred to them is that the limiting factor is not primarily storage, but the ability to manufacture items. The amount of crops especially tree crops we can gather has increased very little and we don't have any more or faster mills. Also, those of us who have acquired the extra space have not had the chance to build our inventory yet due to those mills limiting things.



I had my ticket still in my email from requesting the increase so I replied to that one again. At least I know the email will go through. I quoted what you said above. I also told them that I find it hard to believe that anyone would say that they liked the increase in outrageous requests and that many people were threatening to cease playing if an adjustment wasn't made to a reasonable factor.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75
Top

Missjanecobb
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Missjanecobb » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am

Here we go I've managed to retrive their reply, as follows:-


Oct 31

Ahoy Trademaster,
We've been experiencing some traffic and I'm so sorry you've had to wait this long for a reply.

I'm very sorry to hear this!

Some of the new larger order requests are due to the new way of getting 25 storage space slots each time you level up.
(I can also see that my colleague upgraded your storage for the according to the levels previously played)

The larger requests correspond with the new larger storage and are there to maintain a certain level of difficulty (planning and strategy).

Again, I'm very sorry to hear that you don't like this feature, on the other hand we've also received positive comments regarding the later changes.
Nevertheless, your feedback has been sent directly to our developers, so thank you very much for taking the time to inform us.

I hope that this information helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby BethM » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 am

Well, they could honestly say that even if it was as few as two.

Scubakat wrote:That is just not right considering there are still many, many people that have not received the increase nor are they aware of the need to request it.


I think that is why they got the bright idea of looking at inventory levels and trying to generate requests based on those. What they seem not to have factored in is that we never before got requests for all or more than all our tree and shrub produce under the previous system. For me, a request that used 6 or 8 was unusually big.

They better knock off spying on our inventories or Trademaster is going to have Keani and the Ghost Captain arrested for corporate espionage. Trademaster's inventories are proprietary business information, after all.

Oh, wait. Can one keep a Ghost Captain behind bars?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”