Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
Lutka48

Re: Large TP orders RESPONSE from PB

Postby Lutka48 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:34 am

BethM wrote:Well, they could honestly say that even if it was as few as two.

Scubakat wrote:That is just not right considering there are still many, many people that have not received the increase nor are they aware of the need to request it.

I think that is why they got the bright idea of looking at inventory levels and trying to generate requests based on those. What they seem not to have factored in is that we never before got requests for all or more than all our tree and shrub produce under the previous system. For me, a request that used 6 or 8 was unusually big.

They better knock off spying on our inventories or Trademaster is going to have Keani and the Ghost Captain arrested for corporate espionage. Trademaster's inventories are proprietary business information, after all.

Oh, wait. Can one keep a Ghost Captain behind bars?

No ,I think they are asking for more tickets.
They don’t have enough unhappy players yet.
But on the other hand do they really care.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:45 am

My guess is that the developer who lost the argument against the storage increase is taking revenge by sabotaging the Trading Post.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Jenna822

Postby Jenna822 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:55 am

i would love to see the so called "positive responses" they're claiming to have received. how are we even supposed to build up out inventory enough to meet these demands when every single day there's a demand on us via events. there have been a lot of bad choices made recently at pb dev meetings and this by far is the worst. they're going to lose many long time players. many.

there's a difference in "difficult game" and "ridiculous demands"

BethN

Postby BethN » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:07 am

Ely can you Facebook friend me. I have pictures of very large orders. Have no idea how to post them here. Beth Cox Newhart on facebook

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:10 am

BethN wrote:Ely can you Facebook friend me. I have pictures of very large orders. Have no idea how to post them here. Beth Cox Newhart on facebook

Sorry, I don't have FB :)

I had already sent in the ticket pics but if I need more I'll let you know :D
If you really want to learn how to post pics there are a number of people here who can help you :D
You would have to upload your pics onto a site like Imgur or Tinypic to get the corresponding BBC code to post on the forum. Let us know if you need instructions and we'll try to walk you through it. :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Kashra

Postby Kashra » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 am

Well I do not have the increase in space as I'm yet to request it and I normally have low inventory making items as I need them and deleting orders that make me wait a while. I will report that l have not seen the large increases that many of you have. I might just hold off on my request for now.

Anniebeth

Postby Anniebeth » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:20 am

I started getting the large requests last week and I had not requested the additional storage yet. I deleted any that were ridiculous and there were still plenty that were reasonable. I now have the additional storage (got it yesterday) so it will be interesting to see if it changes anything.
Anniebeth AKA No

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 am

I guess it's not the end of the world, if some requests are ridiculously hard. We can just delete them and wait for better ones. Of course it affects events like tradefests, but after all at least I have always deleted more than 2/3 of TP requests anyway. It's only 15 minutes for a new one.

That said, it's easy for me to say since I haven't seen any extremely hard requests yet. If you would have to give some kind of estimate, how much of these are there? Percentage?

I also do agree with all criticism there has been about this, but as it seems to be a deliberate change, I guess we just have to live with it. Or send enough angry and/or well justified tickets... As soon as they get sending tickets to work again, of course. :roll:

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:16 pm

SpaceshipPirate wrote:I guess it's not the end of the world, if some requests are ridiculously hard. We can just delete them and wait for better ones. Of course it affects events like tradefests, but after all at least I have always deleted more than 2/3 of TP requests anyway. It's only 15 minutes for a new one.

But then you get another crazy request in its place. To be fair they do appear to have tweaked things a little because I have some not too crazy requests turning up, but it's still asking for substantially more than I used to get. During TF you used to be able to rely on getting some simple ones in the mix but those have disappeared entirely.

Apart from problems with Tradefest the increase in storage they gave to new players has reflected back to the World market. People don't need to buy and sell in the way they used to so the WM has become little more than a way of selling the 3rd box items to Wesley. The occasional real items that turn up are sold within a second of them appearing so getting them is a matter of luck

The other thing is that the high quantity requests and lack of WM is turning the game from something which required genuine strategy into little more than a very tedious point and click, with endless planting and harvesting, and even more endless trying desperately to make enough items to fulfil at least a few of the requests.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:55 pm

SpaceshipPirate wrote:
That said, it's easy for me to say since I haven't seen any extremely hard requests yet. If you would have to give some kind of estimate, how much of these are there? Percentage?

During the boat event, my trading post had 2 or 3 of the 5 working spaces deleted nearly all the time. Some of that was just too few shillings for what they wanted, though. I would say most of my orders seemed larger than normal and odds of an excessive one was about 15% for any given order. The worst excesses seemed to come for crops.

I think they have already made some adjustments, as I have not seen any more of the laughably large ones in a few days. All the orders at my TP now look pretty doable. Maybe I'm just feeling charitable this morning because I can see boats on device 1! Now I need to invent a machine that will reach over and tickle that iPad screen every couple minutes so it will never close and reload.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”