Market Place is ridiculous!

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Gakmck

Market Place is ridiculous!

Postby Gakmck » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 am

So sorry for my statement but this is true and all of you playing know this by just selling the high priced items we received on the island NOBODY is going any where! Are you all that greedy to hold onto every little crop, fish, shirt, lite, get over it and make the game fun for all please! :P :P :P :P

Tier 12
mattlynch

Re: Market Place is ridiculous!

Postby mattlynch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Gakmck wrote:So sorry for my statement but this is true and all of you playing know this by just selling the high priced items we received on the island NOBODY is going any where! Are you all that greedy to hold onto every little crop, fish, shirt, lite, get over it and make the game fun for all please! :P :P :P :P

Not completely True of every Trademaster, some of us have Large Storage Now and are trying to fill it up to balance it out and the ones who do stacking are trying to get back to it . Plus other Trademasters like me don't sell Trade Island items of the 3rd slot or we try not to ,plus we have what is called Campers on our Islands ,which is players who stay to see what we trying to sell and buying before it goes out to the World Market So those item never reach the WM , and like me I sell my Duplicates of Mill items and Maps, Pearls, Black Powder, Tools, and any Dyes I don't need , plus there is Trademasters who have a 1Million Storage Space in Both Beta Test that was an Infinite Storage Beta Test, and you a right to many Players sell the same thing in every slot that is plenty in the WM and shouldn't but they want the quick Gold Coins, I started to sell the Trade Island items from the 2nd slot to try to help out but again have Campers on my Island do nothing get to the WM for others to buy. Yes it does need to be adjusted to work as intended ,but that is each Trademaster's choice to do so.
Level 75/ 14.00M Gold Coins
Started July 2016/Android Tablet
GP ID TheGamersGuild2030
FB ID Matt Lynch same Avatar as Forum
Pets all Bronze /all Sliver /Gold but 1
All Mills/Recipes 1 To Go
All Land/All Islands
TS 2985/ WS 2945
Gems 400

bukharagunboat

Postby bukharagunboat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Yes, it is a mess and there's not much we can do about it. I wouldn't blame the folks on the forum though; they tend to be better behaved. As a frustrated player, just make sure that you use your Friend slots on players that have a track record of selling interesting stuff. Since it disappears quickly I suggest friending any player you find actively adding items; these players are playing at the same times as you.

When I was on levels 30-50 or so, I too sold third slot items on the WM to gain coins. I have 2M coins now, so no longer. With the storage increases I now find it very tempting to scoop up anything that isn't a 3rd slot item as soon as I see it. I also tend to buy second slot items and make stuff just to keep mills turning. Periodically I go through and dump anything I have too much of out into the WM, but I'm finding that tedious since all I get for the investment of playing time is coins. It might help if they made it easier to sell things.

Here's a new idea for getting rid of third-slot items - allow players to sacrifice them to the Volcano God in exchange for Prestige. That would essentially allow high level players to exchange excess coins for prestige and at the same time clear the third slot items out of the market by creating an infinite sink for them.

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 pm

At the moment I'm rarely selling anything (which means like once in a day or two). I don't need gold and I have more than enough storage space, so only reason to put anything to WM is to help other players...

But then again TP orders ask a lot more than before. If I have 40 fishes in my storage and a "normal" TP order is 15 fishes + other stuff, I really don't want to sell my fishes. Even though I would like to (and sometimes still do) help others, I like to get through Tradefests etc myself too.

Also, after the storage increase it's been a lot slower to put items to WM. If I could fill up my WM in one minute I would probably do it more often, but it can now take 10 minutes (and when I finish putting last item there, all the others have already been sold) so it's just not worth it.

I think it's pretty much developers' fault that this has happened. The game has changed in so many ways that people just feel like it's better to not sell anything - or just sell 3rd slot items).

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:42 pm

bukharagunboat wrote:
Here's a new idea for getting rid of third-slot items - allow players to sacrifice them to the Volcano God in exchange for Prestige. That would essentially allow high level players to exchange excess coins for prestige and at the same time clear the third slot items out of the market by creating an infinite sink for them.

What a great idea! I never met a volcano that didn't enjoy a good cheese and sausage basket. :D

I guess we get a big cloud of steam when we toss in an ice cube.

I've done some reading and the important thing is the gift must come from the heart. I don't know if Pele is also in charge of the Caribbean volcanos, but she likes fruit, fish, sugarcane, flowers, cigars, and especially gin. I didn't see any mentions of puffy yellow jackets. Can we spare the sunfish, though?

Som believe she can shape shift and sometimes appears as a white dog!
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 pm

How to fix the WM?

Have the big boats arrive and ask for the stuff no one wants.............

DREADBIRD: 10 Gold Jackets, 8 Purple Shirts, 5 Rainbow Fruits, 15 Hickory Falls Baskets = 2 Pet Stickers
GEM LADY: 8 Root Beers, 10 Hickory Falls Baskets, 10 Twilight Rolls, 10 Ice Bricks - = 2 Pet Stickers

-------------------------------------------BOOM!- -------------------------------

Marketplace is empty. :D

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Oblio98 wrote:How to fix the WM?

Have the big boats arrive and ask for the stuff no one wants.............

DREADBIRD: 10 Gold Jackets, 8 Purple Shirts, 5 Rainbow Fruits, 15 Hickory Falls Baskets = 2 Pet Stickers
GEM LADY: 8 Root Beers, 10 Hickory Falls Baskets, 10 Twilight Rolls, 10 Ice Bricks - = 2 Pet Stickers

-------------------------------------------BOOM!- -------------------------------

Marketplace is empty. :D

I agree with your fix idea, maybe not those quantities, but definitely a good idea. 3rd Slot items should be bought from the first slot of the other islands, or bought from their ships when they come in to trade, and Anya and Dreadbird should be the first on the list to ask for them. I did get a request for a Hickory Falls basket from a little boat, but they only wanted one, but did give 2 gems for it.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Julip

Postby Julip » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:25 am

Whoa there scooter. I wouldn’t call other players greedy and what other names you used because you can’t buy what you want. You call them greedy for not sellling what you want to buy. Huh? Yes I agree wm is inundated with third items, that mostly Westley buys, but everyone is trying hard to get money because everything on this island costs so much. Really why would anyone worry about what you need if they need it too?

I asked before and never got an answer. Does anyone remember when it was said if you needed something you could request it and except someone sending it?

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 am

I don't remember seeing that in the game itself.

They could be referring to requesting items in the forum or thru personal communications with friends outside the game. I think back before Apple stripped Game Center of most functionalities, it did include a player chat feature. If so, the Game Center friend and communication functions may have been taken together to be a sort of request and receive system. It worked that way for other multiplayer games.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 am

Gakmck wrote:So sorry for my statement but this is true and all of you playing know this by just selling the high priced items we received on the island NOBODY is going any where! Are you all that greedy to hold onto every little crop, fish, shirt, lite, get over it and make the game fun for all please! :P :P :P :P

I’m curious what YOU are selling in the WM to fix this? Based on your statement I would assume you are selling tons of crops, fish, shirts, etc., is that true? I personally sell lots of crops, but they rarely make it to the WM because they are grabbed up before I finish posting.
Last edited by J1st on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”