More weirdness

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 16
BethM

More weirdness

Postby BethM » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:51 pm

My game just lost several minutes of playing time. I was visiting islands tapping wildlife for a Tap 30 challenge. Checked Jasper and I had tapped 25/30. Looked around my island tapped 4 more plus the dye octopus for number 30, went to Jasper, tapped the completed button, left there to harvest and plant and collect briefly then closed to come over here. When I went back after several minutes, there was the Tap 30 request back, showing 25/30.

I have had it lose a minute or so before, but only when the game had exited abruptly , not when I was playing normally and closed normally.

Here's my question: why do the devs seem always to wait for Tradefest or a builder event to start messing with weird software experiments instead of messing things up between events when people won't care so much?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
Lutka48

Re: More weirdness

Postby Lutka48 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:09 pm

BethM wrote:My game just lost several minutes of playing time. I was visiting islands tapping wildlife for a Tap 30 challenge. Checked Jasper and I had tapped 25/30. Looked around my island tapped 4 more plus the dye octopus for number 30, went to Jasper, tapped the completed button, left there to harvest and plant and collect briefly then closed to come over here. When I went back after several minutes, there was the Tap 30 request back, showing 25/30.

I have had it lose a minute or so before, but only when the game had exited abruptly , not when I was playing normally and closed normally.

Here's my question: why do the devs seem always to wait for Tradefest or a builder event to start messing with weird software experiments instead of messing things up between events when people won't care so much?

I have to agree with you Beth.
After yesterday’s update my android game is so sluggish. For couple hours I was struggling to open Jasper ‘s request board. I thought that game was done, with only 2 more cuddles stickers needed to adopt it.
Then I realized that there is a long delay now to open that tent. After just one click, I have to patiently wait half a minute to see the board. The same is with selling or buying, so good luck with this.
I just wished they waited to give us this snow until after the Tradefest.
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 pm

BethM wrote:Here's my question: why do the devs seem always to wait for Tradefest or a builder event to start messing with weird software experiments instead of messing things up between events when people won't care so much?

Very good question, and very good point.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:02 pm

mauimonkey wrote:
BethM wrote:Here's my question: why do the devs seem always to wait for Tradefest or a builder event to start messing with weird software experiments instead of messing things up between events when people won't care so much?

when exactly is there a time on PB that is between events anymore? :lol:
don't we go from one to the next and overlap continually? :roll:
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Ely321 wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:

when exactly is there a time on PB that is between events anymore? :lol:
don't we go from one to the next and overlap continually? :roll:

Hahahahaha Ely, you have a good point too! :lol:
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Lyndyr

Postby Lyndyr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 pm

This morning the game crashed once and stalled several times with loss of data . My world market isn’t opening which is worse than yesterday when I only had half the normal amount of sellers in the market. This update sucks (I just downloaded it yesterday). Lately the world market has been crap anyway, half the items are sold before you can even click on them anyway.
Love this game but not this update!

jusu

Postby jusu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 pm

I had this happen a little bit ago. Annoying.
Level 80
Island name - jusu

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 pm

I’ve also noticed that when it does do a “reset,” not everything resets.

I was collecting from my islands and had hit all of ‘em before the reset. When it came back, only some of the islands needed collecting again, not of them. :|

Bobo1

Postby Bobo1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:11 pm

I just had the same issue as Beth. Next to this my WM doesnt open, game is unbelievably slow, yesterday couldnt open the game at all and today had the short time glitch. Seriously, what is going on? Isnt it the worst ''rough weather '' ever?
Lvl 75

Latte counter:
3000 for 3yrs of PB :lol: (28.08.18)
2740 (20.04.18)
2341 (30.12.17)
1938 (11.10.17)
1640 (14.07.17)
1240 (30.11.16)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Bobo1 wrote:I just had the same issue as Beth. Next to this my WM doesnt open, game is unbelievably slow, yesterday couldnt open the game at all and today had the short time glitch. Seriously, what is going on? Isnt it the worst ''rough weather '' ever?

no it's not the worst. the worst was when one of the servers went down in the middle of tradefest/event of some kind on a week end when PB staff were off and a very large % of people were not able to get on at all!! you shoulda seen the yelling on the forum that weekend!!
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”