This Christmas Tree Event is terrible

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Pixidusted

This Christmas Tree Event is terrible

Postby Pixidusted » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Why aren't there ant decorations for us to purchase in the bazaar? Every other holiday event we could earn items. I just feel as though the bare minimum was done for The Tree Event. "Let them buy it outright if they really want it" I'm sorry to say but this game is becoming less fun.

Tier 2
Onyxnc

Re: This Christmas Tree Event is terrible

Postby Onyxnc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Pixidusted wrote:Why aren't there ant decorations for us to purchase in the bazaar? Every other holiday event we could earn items. I just feel as though the bare minimum was done for The Tree Event. "Let them buy it outright if they really want it" I'm sorry to say but this game is becoming less fun.

Totally agree with you 100%! :|
Game Center ID:LynnONC during the day.
Game Center ID: NCO56 during the evening
Level 75

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:23 pm

The last two holiday seasons we weren't offered holiday events or decor until later in December. The tree seems to be a bit earlier than usual. There does seem to be another holiday event hopefully coming soon, the carousel, and I'm hoping it will involve friends and gifting, and also an element to buy decor (like the holiday barge we had the last two years). We shall see what happens :)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:35 pm

I just got it to level 7 so it'll be "feedable" every 10 hours after the event (same as on level 12). That's enough for me, I'll decorate my real tree in my home.

Cshalls

Postby Cshalls » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm

How do u get the water can to use?? Taking me forever just using other items

Tier 3
Neovespertina

Postby Neovespertina » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 pm

SpaceshipPirate wrote:I just got it to level 7 so it'll be "feedable" every 10 hours after the event (same as on level 12). That's enough for me, I'll decorate my real tree in my home.

Agreed! :)

Cshalls wrote:How do u get the water can to use?? Taking me forever just using other items

Paradise Bay Wikia wrote:The Watering Can is the special "booster" item. It is not available in game as a reward, but is available by special paid promotion (price varies). Like everything else in the game you can "RUSH" a can if you choose to for the "Rush/Not Enough Resources" price of 400 Gems.

Source: Grand Holiday Tree
It’s like déjà vu all over again. -- Yogi Berra

R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World
Level 80

squidge333

Postby squidge333 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Cshalls wrote:How do u get the water can to use?? Taking me forever just using other items

Per wikia:

“The Watering Can is the special "booster" item. It is not available in game as a reward, but is available by special paid promotion (price varies). Like everything else in the game you can "RUSH" a can if you choose to for the "Rush/Not Enough Resources" price of 400xGems.“

I have NO CLUE what is meant by “price varies”??? I was offered 5 cans for $4.99 for a couple days, which considering how many levels there are and how slow it is to level up, $1/can is very expensive IMHO.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm

The price in the wiki is US dollars. People in other countries see different figures, priced in their own currencies. Those amounts don't always convert to the US dollar price.

Sometimes, people in the same country also get different offers, more money if you buy a lot, smaller, less costly offers if you spend little or not at all. I think this time everyone in the US got the 4.99 offer.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

SpaceshipPirate

Postby SpaceshipPirate » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Also, there will be probably be some kind of "last chance" offer which is better than one before. Just guessing.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:43 pm

SpaceshipPirate wrote:Also, there will be probably be some kind of "last chance" offer which is better than one before. Just guessing.

That's what I suspect as well. Those usually come a few days before the event is scheduled to end.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”