This Christmas Tree Event is terrible

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 16
BethM

Re: This Christmas Tree Event is terrible

Postby BethM » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:29 am

SpaceshipPirate wrote:Also, there will be probably be some kind of "last chance" offer which is better than one before. Just guessing.

With the blueprints the late offer was for a smaller quantity for less money. I think the unit price worked out to being slightly higher for the late offer.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

DanielleV74

Postby DanielleV74 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

No matter how hard I try I'll never finish that tree. I have a job I can't be on here 24/7. This game used to be alot of fun now it seems like work. Especially after you hit level 75.

Rhosa

Postby Rhosa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Grinding and grinding and grinding to decorate my tree. No real $ to spend on this game. This very Un-fun! I'll be happy when I get some snowflakes on it...at that point I will give up!

Tier 2
PirateLace

Postby PirateLace » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 pm

I’m level 8 nothing changed but a red carpet under the tree and snowflakes.. big deal!!
I thought slavery was abolished
Last edited by PirateLace on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kerry-Anne :roll:

Spuffy

Postby Spuffy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 pm

What gets me the most is that there aren't any rewards at level ups. Past events , even these solo ones, gave rewards at each level , including an item or two to feed to the project . Very dull without that.
Level 75

Playing since August 2015

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:57 pm

PirateLace wrote:I’m level 8 nothing changed but a red carpet under the tree and snowflakes.. big deal!!
I thought slavery was abolished

That's a strong comment, and an offensive one at that. There is a big difference, you choose what you do and do not do. You are entitled to comment as you please, but please be sensative of real world issues. This is just a game. If you feel this game owns you, free yourself. That is a luxury slaves did not and do not have. I hope you find peace and joy, however that may come to you.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 1
Alissashay

Postby Alissashay » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 am

I agree, it’s been brutal this go round.
:cry:

ShawnyAngel

Postby ShawnyAngel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:06 am

I have lost all interest in the Bay!! This tree event is boring and no fun! You can't earn enough points to grow the tree unless you you pay cash or gems for a stupid watering can that doesn't even make a dent in the points! You can't help friends or get things in the bizarre!! And don't get me started on how I'm possible the post orders have become! I may stop playing if it's going to start costing money and less interaction with friends! They obviously don't care that all f us are even upset!!

Bunniekinns

Postby Bunniekinns » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 am

ShawnyAngel wrote:I have lost all interest in the Bay!! This tree event is boring and no fun! You can't earn enough points to grow the tree unless you you pay cash or gems for a stupid watering can that doesn't even make a dent in the points! You can't help friends or get things in the bizarre!! And don't get me started on how I'm possible the post orders have become! I may stop playing if it's going to start costing money and less interaction with friends! They obviously don't care that all f us are even upset!!

I couldn’t agree more Shawny! It seems that things on the bay are becoming more like work and less like challenging fun. I play this game to relax and escape. This isn’t relaxing or enjoyable at this point. I truly hope this is the last event of its kind and we get back to the bay we fell in love with.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:23 am

ShawnyAngel wrote:I have lost all interest in the Bay!! This tree event is boring and no fun! You can't earn enough points to grow the tree unless you you pay cash or gems for a stupid watering can that doesn't even make a dent in the points!

I agree this event is kind of a dud. With only three items to produce, I found I had to ignore every other aspect of the game and just keep collecting and reloading the otters, moles, glass blower, wood shop, jeweler, plus the workshops making baskets and backpacks. This does indeed make for a very boring game, day after day making almost nothing but those items or a little random stuff on empty mills for inventory.

It is possible to finish without gems or money, but you have to be in a position where you can play all day long, at least to collect and reload 2 or 3 times an hour and keep those mills running as close to round the clock as you can. It really helps if you have mill mastery 3 on those mills, especially the jeweler. It also helps if you get one of those sessions where all the production times are shortened.

I don't know why they omitted the sweater and reindeer in a box (big point item) from last years event but they rally needed at least one more item to make, especially in an event with no gifting.

I also agree it was a bad idea to lump all the rewards at the final level, instead of giving some extra decor item with each level. It just feels like way too much very tedious work for not enough reward.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”