Deleting inactive friends

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Stacia23

Deleting inactive friends

Postby Stacia23 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:08 pm

I’ve been on paradise bay for a while now and am only just now discovering the forum! I don’t know why I waited so long to look around. I have a question...I have two inactive friends, how do I delete them so that I can get new friends??? I notice there is no “-“ by their name...TIA!

perplexed

Re: Deleting inactive friends

Postby perplexed » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Just visit their Island and click on the Icon on the name bar (it's on the right, with two 'people' and a -). That will unfriend them.

Tier 2
Onyxnc

Postby Onyxnc » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:34 pm

If your inactive friends are Facebook friends like mine are, the only way to delete them is to unfriend them on Facebook. I wish they would come up with another way because they are still RL friends, they just don't play PB any longer for various reasons.
Game Center ID:LynnONC during the day.
Game Center ID: NCO56 during the evening
Level 75

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:46 pm

You’ll need to ask your RL FB friends who no longer play to delete the app from their FB account.
Island name: TraderGrl

SallyR225

Postby SallyR225 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Stacia23 wrote:I’ve been on paradise bay for a while now and am only just now discovering the forum! I don’t know why I waited so long to look around. I have a question...I have two inactive friends, how do I delete them so that I can get new friends??? I notice there is no “-“ by their name...TIA!

You can get friends from the game, from Facebook or Game Center (game center is available for iOS devices, not sure if there a google friend system for android userrs.)
If this friend is from the game, you can delete them by going to their island and clicking he blue minus button by their name. If there is no blue button next to their name, they are either a Facebook friend or Game Center.
If Facebook, see above comments.
If Game Center, you have options but they are limited b/c Game Center app was eliminated a while back. 1) delete all game center friends by going to settings, Game Center. This however gets rid of all friends so if you have others u want to keep, it's not a great option. Also, it may not work and everyone stays. 2) disconnect from Game Center under same settings, this will again get rid of everyone but at least it's not permanent. You can reconnect whenever you want and all friends will reappear. And your game status will not be messed up by disconnecting. I do it all the time
GC: SallyR225
Level: 77
Wish: More than 8 WM friends ❤️ Thank you PB ❤️

Tier 2
DarbysMom

Postby DarbysMom » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:47 am

Stacia23 wrote:I’ve been on paradise bay for a while now and am only just now discovering the forum! I don’t know why I waited so long to look around. I have a question...I have two inactive friends, how do I delete them so that I can get new friends??? I notice there is no “-“ by their name...TIA!

Your pb game friends are limited to 8 however I don't think there is a limit on fb friends. I have about 20 from fb.
Game ID • BorzoiMom
Forum ID • DarbysMom
Facebook • Debbie Langan Thomas
Current Level • 75
Device • Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Time Zone • USA central time zone

Joe123

Postby Joe123 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Is there a way to distinguish between Game Center friends and the 8 in game friends? I suspect some of my 8 are inactive but can’t figure out or remember who is who without clicking on each individual island

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Joe123 wrote:Is there a way to distinguish between Game Center friends and the 8 in game friends? I suspect some of my 8 are inactive but can’t figure out or remember who is who without clicking on each individual island

With your game open, disconnect from Facebook. Then exit and log out of Game Center. When you open your game again you’ll be left with only game friends. Once done, you can reconnect to Facebook and log back into Game Center and all your friends will be back.
Island name: TraderGrl

Stacia23

Postby Stacia23 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:57 am

Thank you for all your help! They are both Facebook friends so there is no “minus” when I go to their island so I’ll have to ask them to delete the game on their fb.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”