World Market

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 1
jungle65

World Market

Postby jungle65 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:40 am

Is anyone having trouble with their World Market having hardly any people? I am only getting about three to five people in there traiding.
Jungle

Mhuggabug

Re: World Market

Postby Mhuggabug » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:07 am

Yes only three to four showing up, really stinks

Namuzmum

Postby Namuzmum » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 am

Mine is doing the same thing too :!: soooo annoying :evil:

MurphysMomma

Postby MurphysMomma » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:50 am

Yep...mine toi!! I get around 3 average. Hey...random question. ..how does a person make "Shark cages "???

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 am

MurphysMomma wrote:Yep...mine toi!! I get around 3 average. Hey...random question. ..how does a person make "Shark cages "???

From the dive shop, it takes 6 iron bars to make
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Owl66

Postby Owl66 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Same here only 3 to 4 showing up..annoying especially when your trying to complete the TF

Tier 2
NightEagle

Postby NightEagle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:56 pm

I've been having the same problem, but I have another question to add to this. Why are we limited as to what is available in the market with MANY products appearing to be sold when you can visit their island, friend them (if you have an opening), and the product is suddenly available? Why aren't all products readily available to everybody? If anyone knows the answer I'd very much like to be enlightened. :roll: :)
NightEagle
Player since October, 2016
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:38 pm

NightEagle wrote:I've been having the same problem, but I have another question to add to this. Why are we limited as to what is available in the market with MANY products appearing to be sold when you can visit their island, friend them (if you have an opening), and the product is suddenly available? Why aren't all products readily available to everybody? If anyone knows the answer I'd very much like to be enlightened. :roll: :)

The original game design was that "friends" would have preference for buying and selling, and that code probably still exists, but the WM is a shadow of it's former self. With the advent of the increased storage capacities the incentive to sell anything on the WM was gone. Why sell something when you have the space to store it?

This leaves only those players still in need of game money buying and reselling the Island Merchant's items at the max markup. So in essence, it doesn't matter if there are 4 or 40 sellers in your WM if they're all selling Rainbow Fruit and Ice, who cares?

Tier 2
NightEagle

Postby NightEagle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Oblio98 wrote:
NightEagle wrote:I've been having the same problem, but I have another question to add to this. Why are we limited as to what is available in the market with MANY products appearing to be sold when you can visit their island, friend them (if you have an opening), and the product is suddenly available? Why aren't all products readily available to everybody? If anyone knows the answer I'd very much like to be enlightened. :roll: :)

The original game design was that "friends" would have preference for buying and selling, and that code probably still exists, but the WM is a shadow of it's former self. With the advent of the increased storage capacities the incentive to sell anything on the WM was gone. Why sell something when you have the space to store it?

This leaves only those players still in need of game money buying and reselling the Island Merchant's items at the max markup. So in essence, it doesn't matter if there are 4 or 40 sellers in your WM if they're all selling Rainbow Fruit and Ice, who cares?

Thanks much, Oblio98!! And you are so right about the Rainbow Fruit and Ice, etc.!! As someone put it on a forum the other day, all the 'junk' that overwhelms the market, at the highest rate possible! Not long after I first began the game I started selling stuff at about 150% of what came up as the price to start with. Then I'd round it up or down to the nearest 'even' amount to that. (This includes 0's and 5's, if you know what I mean) The stuff sells much faster that way about 95% of the time, which left spaces open all the time to put more in. During events where we 'feed' something, if I finish early enough, I start putting as many of those items as I can in the market and round them down to the lowest 'even' number I can. Lol!!...In these cases you sometimes feel like you want to jerk your hand back quickly for fear of it getting yanked off!! That's why I think everything should be available to all. I'm forever looking for small stuff I need fast and can't produce for one reason or another! Ah, well! Just venting I guess. But, thanks again. At least now I have an answer to what I've been wondering for quite some time. I just don't have the time to come to the forums much. So, have a great evening, or whtever it is wherever you are! :lol:
NightEagle
Player since October, 2016
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

wildcatintx

Postby wildcatintx » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:04 am

Yesterday I had 0 vendors in the world market of a period of time. Today only getting 4-6 vendors.
Game Center ID: wildcatintx
Level 75
Selling low price market items

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”