syncing devices

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
TALLULAH

syncing devices

Postby TALLULAH » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Is there anyone out there that has PB on more than one device? I'm not sure how to do it and I don't want to lose all the progress I've made in the last two yrs. I hope he is an OK question to ask here. Than you in advance.

Tier 7
Koalia

Re: syncing devices

Postby Koalia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Is your game connected to Facebook or Game Center/Google Play? If so, when you connect your 2nd device to one of those accounts, it should load your saved game.
Mine is connected to Facebook and that’s how I transferred my game from my iPad to my iPhone when I first got it.
Level 75

you got me singing ♥

TALLULAH

Postby TALLULAH » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 pm

I don't know anything about how to do Google play,but if I sign into Facebook on both devices will be able to get into my saved game with out losing progress?

janetuk

Postby janetuk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 pm

I play the same game on my tablet when at home, and on my phone when out and about. They are both Samsung, both Android. I have my game connected to Facebook and Google Play. I have never had any problems, other than the occasional "you are still connected on another device" message if I move from one device to the other too fast (usually due to low battery).

I think the first time you load the game on your new device it will start back at the beginning, but as soon as you connect to Facebook your progress will come back.

So to answer your question, I would say yes, if you sign into Facebook on both devices you should have no problems.

Good luck.

Janet
Paradise Bay Android version
Level 75
London, UK

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 pm

TALLULAH wrote:I don't know anything about how to do Google play,but if I sign into Facebook on both devices will be able to get into my saved game with out losing progress?

Yes. You need to make sure your device 1 game is connected to Facebook, then close the game until you are done.

Install PB on the second device. As soon as you open the game, click on the settings (gear) icon and tap on Connect to Facebook. Log into Facebook. It will caution that if you do that you will lose all the progress as Guest in your new game. Answer yes you are sure. (you have no progress yet in the new game).

Once you log in, you should see your old island just as you left it.

You can continue to play on both devices if you want. Just make sure you close PB in one before trying to open it in the other. Sometimes it makes you wait a minute or so before it will let you start PB if you were just playing on the other one.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

twherrera

Postby twherrera » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm

I play on a samsung phone and want to purchase an iphone. Can I switch devices like you said even though they are different systems?

Thanks!

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Beth,
You make the instructions sound so easy, I know I would have messed that up if I had tried to explain it. :oops:
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:15 pm

twherrera wrote:I play on a samsung phone and want to purchase an iphone. Can I switch devices like you said even though they are different systems?

Thanks!

Yes, you can, but again make sure your game is saved to FB before attempting any change, as previously discussed.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

twherrera

Postby twherrera » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 pm

To clarify you must be connected to FB and then close your game? This will save your progress so it will transfer to the other device? Correct? I haven't purchased a new phones simply because i'm afraid I will lose my progress in the game. :lol:

Thank you!

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 pm

twherrera wrote:To clarify you must be connected to FB and then close your game? This will save your progress so it will transfer to the other device? Correct? I haven't purchased a new phones simply because i'm afraid I will lose my progress in the game. :lol:

Thank you!

That is correct. FB is constantly saving your game progress as you play, but be sure to close the game while connected to FB.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”