How do I ..........

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
B123456791011

How do I ..........

Postby B123456791011 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:13 pm

...........save my game? I have to do a full factory reset, and I dread that I will lose me game! I know I read something about keeping your old game and coming back to it...but I can't find the post :(
8-) :D 8-)

Tier 16
BethM

Re: How do I ..........

Postby BethM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:25 pm

The surest bet is to connect it to Facebook. If you have it there, you can recover your game after the reset or even pick up playing on another device.

If it is an Apple device, make sure you log into GameCenter then open PB. I don't understand how it works, but it somehow connects your PB player identity to your Game Center ID. The Gamecenter info is saved in the cloud, so it will still be there after the reset. The game should be there when you log into Gamecenter with that ID after the reset or on any other Apple device with PB installed.

I think Google Play works similarly for Android users.

You might want to contact PB support before you do it to make sure they can see your game in one of those places.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2
B123456791011

Postby B123456791011 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 am

BethM wrote:The surest bet is to connect it to Facebook. If you have it there, you can recover your game after the reset or even pick up playing on another device.

If it is an Apple device, make sure you log into GameCenter then open PB. I don't understand how it works, but it somehow connects your PB player identity to your Game Center ID. The Gamecenter info is saved in the cloud, so it will still be there after the reset. The game should be there when you log into Gamecenter with that ID after the reset or on any other Apple device with PB installed.

I think Google Play works similarly for Android users.

You might want to contact PB support before you do it to make sure they can see your game in one of those places.

Facebook is thereason I need to reset, lol. I Don't have Apple stuff , :(

Tier 5
Checkers420

Postby Checkers420 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:14 am

When you open the game after the reset connect to FB and it will ask if you wish to switch to your Facebook game and you say yes, it will tell you all progress in the new game will be lost. All 2 minutes of it and say yes and your back to your old game. I had to bring a phone to factory before. 3 minutes to reset 5 hours to get everything back to what you had, passwords, bookmarks, apps, and so on. Good luck my friend.

Lastlight2

Postby Lastlight2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:21 am

Isn’t Gamecenter gone for Apple products?
Level 75 - island Dawn

Tier 2
B123456791011

Postby B123456791011 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:31 am

Checkers420 wrote:When you open the game after the reset connect to FB and it will ask if you wish to switch to your Facebook game and you say yes, it will tell you all progress in the new game will be lost. All 2 minutes of it and say yes and your back to your old game. I had to bring a phone to factory before. 3 minutes to reset 5 hours to get everything back to what you had, passwords, bookmarks, apps, and so on. Good luck my friend.

Thank you. I do havethe game downloaded to my phone, and it IS starting me at the very beginning of the game. If I am understanding you correctly.......

I reset my laptop

Make a new facebook account

re-install pb on my laptop?

Tier 2
B123456791011

Postby B123456791011 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:33 am

Now my responses to the posts have to be "approved by the modertor" ??? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Tier 3
TheQuestor

Postby TheQuestor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 am

B123456791011 wrote:Now my responses to the posts have to be "approved by the modertor" ??? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

irked a mod you did. Prolly an apple product owner he is.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Lastlight2 wrote:Isn’t Gamecenter gone for Apple products?

GameCenter still exists, they just got rid of the icon and most of its functionality. It is found in the settings menu now and all we can do is log in and delete the entire friend list (which doesn't work much anymore anyway). Logging in to GameCenter still enables a player to be recognized across multiple Apple devices.

Re moderator. I think this happens automatically when you edit a post a lot. I am terrible at fake keyboards and need to edit messages multiple times. For some reason, their software thinks people who are fussy about typos and punctuation must be dubious characters, and about the third edit will automatically trigger that review message.

Back to the original question - if you don't want to use Facebook, I think Google Play has a backup player I'D functionality as well. If you play on an Android device, try connecting to Google Play within your game. People have reported that Google Play is not reliable . I suggest contacting support to make sure they can see your game in Google Play before you reset.

Here us an old thread on this topic
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18257
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Augustabelle

Postby Augustabelle » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Lastlight2 wrote:Isn’t Gamecenter gone for Apple products?

I thought so too.
Secret Sin Is Open Scandal In Heaven

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”