Story Line

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Bunniekinns

Story Line

Postby Bunniekinns » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:45 pm

I was curious to find out who actually follows the story line. I have completely stopped reading it. I didn’t find it interesting or even helpful. It’s a great idea but maybe it could be more intregal to the game. Has anyone found pleasure or benefit from this portion of PB?

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Story Line

Postby BethM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:42 am

I found it entertaining sometimes.

The storyline does lead to the requests in the bottom slot of the trading post, which sometimes provided additional incentive to build the latest mill or level up a character to buy a recipe.

I think my favorite story section was the part where all the other characters were trying to steer the Wesley-Sita romance along.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 am

Bunniekinns wrote:I was curious to find out who actually follows the story line. I have completely stopped reading it. I didn’t find it interesting or even helpful. It’s a great idea but maybe it could be more intregal to the game. Has anyone found pleasure or benefit from this portion of PB?

Actually, I did. Especially during the early parts of my PB experience. It kept the whole idea of re-creating an island that Keani's father and mother had built but had gone to ruin. And the 'other' players contributed to it, I found it enjoyable, and was sad when it finally came to an end. I'm enjoying re-living it on my second island, and spending more time paying attention to it.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 am

i pretty much don't :lol:
guess it just didn't really interest me, idk?
maybe if the story gave hints to find things or played in with BOS? that could be fun-oh, wait, it already does that :lol: :lol: :lol:
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 am

Ely321 wrote:i pretty much don't :lol:
guess it just didn't really interest me, idk?
maybe if the story gave hints to find things or played in with BOS? that could be fun-oh, wait, it already does that :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:55 am

Some of them worked a lot better than others. There was an early one producing several orders for items needed by neighbor islands to rebuild after a hurricane that seemed pretty apt.

For me, Wesley the wedding planner was pretty silly and went on too long. I think it was mostly there to make sure we built the florist.

I really liked the segment where they were helping Pike regain his treasure so they could use it to ransom Clara's brother (or something like that).

I thought the Finn pineapple juice stand segment from the last update was pretty lame, especially as it started out talking about a lemonade stand. I never understood how they got from one to the other.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 2
CybesVybes

Postby CybesVybes » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:03 am

Am I the only person still hoping for Wesley to turn out to be Finn's older brother?

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm

CybesVybes wrote:Am I the only person still hoping for Wesley to turn out to be Finn's older brother?

I never thought about that, but it's possible. ;)
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Dan222

Postby Dan222 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:20 pm

CybesVybes wrote:Am I the only person still hoping for Wesley to turn out to be Finn's older brother?

Abosolutly! That’s the first thing that occurred to me when they introduced it. I have been disappointed that they haven’t yet expanded on that element. Not the reveal, but just more leading hints. But then maybe I read too much into it ;)

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:18 am

I don't remember any hints in that direction. I think I would have a hard time swallowing that concept.

Finn does have parents, if they had another son they would be aware of it already.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”