Changes in dive rewards

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
Lutka48

Changes in dive rewards

Postby Lutka48 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:19 pm

We all know dive rewards are not as wonderful lately as the very first week when changes were implemented.
For the last two weeks I’ve been closely monitoring my dives on my two islands and and I’ve noticed even more changes.
I did 7 diving sessions ( every other day) and almost all of my dives have been for one hour with mostly expansion parts, tools and pearls, occasional dyes and gems.
Last week I also had 2 dives for a sticker chest on my Adam island (1st had only one sticker, 2nd - 3 stickers) I was quite pleased about that. Each island got one-2 hour dive for gems( not a significant amount). I also had several 90 minutes dives for dyes with almost all of them being green and blue.
No dives for storage expansion slots :(
This week with three diving sessions behind, so far not a single sticker chest dive( fine with me, I don’t get stickers on my main island anyway but sure could use them on my other island).
Only 1 gem dive on each island( both won 6 gems). Still happy about that.
Again, not a single dive for storage slots again :( but many dives for dyes on both islands.
At least 2 each session. Again many green and blue dyes.
It could be only my luck . That’s why I would like to know how are your dives.
According to my observation, if devs increased the amount of dives for dyes reducing chances for gems, sticker chest or storage increases this could create another WM glut since now more and more boats are bringing many of us dyes too.
Let’s hope not.
Please share your thoughts.
BTW, I am diving now and island#1 is already on my 3rd 90 minuets dive for dyes( the rest were 1 hour ones), island # 2 has had two dye dives so far( the rest the same).
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Tier 12
Livinez

Re: Changes in dive rewards

Postby Livinez » Sat May 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Hey Lutka! :D Honest Abe...I was going to start the exact same thread a couple of days ago, with the EXACT same observations and experiences you’ve sighted here.

I’ve been receiving pretty much the same drop rate of Dive Chests as you. I don’t “hold” my dives, so the Seal Icon appears about the same time every 24 hours in the AM. Like you, I get very few Storage upgrade dives. When I do...it’s usually 5 WM slots. I get far more storage upgrades from the Wish of Wisdom; which I do religiously!!! I too am diving right now. So far today I’ve had 2 - 1 hr, 1 - 1.5hr Dye dive and now 1 - 2hr Gem dive. Hopefully it’s for more than 5 or 6 gems. :P

I know the dyes are an issue for some players but I still prefer dye to storage upgrade pieces. Mostly because they can’t be used to upgrade my storage. :roll: Which is maddening to me and really makes no sense!!! Obviously there is no REAL Storage Cap if they’ll allow you to upgrade via Dives, Wishes or the occasional GSC 3rd slot offer. I guess since they’ve frozen us for so long and now many have hundreds or even thousands of expansion pieces; they don’t want to upset the balance??? I have no idea. Allowing us to use them would’ve been a better alternative than selectively removing them as rewards. At least, from my perspective anyway. ;)
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Livinez wrote:Hey Lutka! :D Honest Abe...I was going to start the exact same thread a couple of days ago, with the EXACT same observations and experiences you’ve sighted here.

I’ve been receiving pretty much the same drop rate of Dive Chests as you. I don’t “hold” my dives, so the Seal Icon appears about the same time every 24 hours in the AM. Like you, I get very few Storage upgrade dives. When I do...it’s usually 5 WM slots. I get far more storage upgrades from the Wish of Wisdom; which I do religiously!!! I too am diving right now. So far today I’ve had 2 - 1 hr, 1 - 1.5hr Dye dive and now 1 - 2hr Gem dive. Hopefully it’s for more than 5 or 6 gems. :P

I know the dyes are an issue for some players but I still prefer dye to storage upgrade pieces. Mostly because they can’t be used to upgrade my storage. :roll: Which is maddening to me and really makes no sense!!! Obviously there is no REAL Storage Cap if they’ll allow you to upgrade via Dives, Wishes or the occasional GSC 3rd slot offer. I guess since they’ve frozen us for so long and now many have hundreds or even thousands of expansion pieces; they don’t want to upset the balance??? I have no idea. Allowing us to use them would’ve been a better alternative than selectively removing them as rewards. At least, from my perspective anyway. ;)

Thanks Liv for your input.
Like I said I haven’t had any dive for storage increase for quite some time on any of my islands. From your signature I can see that my primary island has currently about 300 less TH slots than yours which I understand you got mostly from wish if wisdom. I’ve tried that wish several times and kept getting only experience points and kind of gave up on those.
My dives today are not getting any better. Nothing but dyes, expansion parts, tools and pearls.
Almost 10 hours into the diving session and not a single 2 hour dive either.
It’s been like that all this week. Both islands too.
It’s a pity if they took away dives for storage expansion. Those were the only ones I looked forward to on my island #1.
I was even willing to use my gems for rushing them at the end of diving session.
If anyone still gets those please let me know.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat May 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes, I think the first couple week rewards were something like an introductory offer.

I started keeping track of all my stickers in both games on April 9. Since then, I have received no sticker chests in Game 1 (where I do still get regular sticker boats). Here are the stickers for Game 2:

4/9- kraken, pelican+blue tapir, brown seahorse
4/11- blue seahorse,
4/19-brown seahorse
4/22 brown seahorse, chameleon
4/26 brown seahorse
4/28 brown seahorse
4/30 brown seahorse
None in the last two dives.

At the beginning, I did receive stickers from dives in both games, though usually singles in game 1, but in Game 2, the sticker dive usually gave 3 at a time, once as many as 7. Sometimes, as on 4/22, I will get a sticker from two different dives.

As for gems, I got several huge rewards in the first 2 or 3 weeks, but after that intro period, the gem rewards took a big drop, typically giving more like 7, 10 or 15 from a gem dive. I did recently (May 1) get 75 in one game and 95 in the other. So, I guess the big payouts are still in there, they just turned down the odds.

I haven't noticed much difference in the storage increase dives. I know I have recently gotten the increase, but also sometimes just a storage component, even when the banner showed just the two storage bldg graphics.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

fes

Postby fes » Sat May 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Lutka48 wrote:
Livinez wrote:Hey Lutka! :D Honest Abe...I was going to start the exact same thread a couple of days ago, with the EXACT same observations and experiences you’ve sighted here.

Thanks Liv for your input.
Like I said I haven’t had any dive for storage increase for quite some time on any of my islands. From your signature I can see that my primary island has currently about 300 less TH slots than yours which I understand you got mostly from wish if wisdom. I’ve tried that wish several times and kept getting only experience points and kind of gave up on those.
My dives today are not getting any better. Nothing but dyes, expansion parts, tools and pearls.
Almost 10 hours into the diving session and not a single 2 hour dive either.
It’s been like that all this week. Both islands too.
It’s a pity if they took away dives for storage expansion. Those were the only ones I looked forward to on my island #1.
I was even willing to use my gems for rushing them at the end of diving session.
If anyone still gets those please let me know.

I can report the totally opposite.... Since the new dives started I have had no big Gem dives (highest was 9 gems) until last week when I finally got around 90 Gems and then I got 67 Gems today. So I´m happy... And today it seems like I only got half of the dyes that I usually gets, (and Yes I hate dyes) So I´m really happy with the dives!!!!

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Thank you Fes for your reply.
I am not very concerned about gem dives even though I have never scored any of those highest rewards. I seem to have no problem managing my free gems from other sources and I do get always few extra every day from dive assists.
It’s the 90 minutes dives for extra WM and TH slots that I am questioning.
I do get tons of not very useful storage upgrade parts from my one hour dives though.

fes

Postby fes » Sat May 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Lutka48 wrote:Thank you Fes for your reply.
I am not very concerned about gem dives even though I have never scored any of those highest rewards. I seem to have no problem managing my free gems from other sources and I do get always few extra every day from dive assists.
I do get tons of not very useful storage upgrade parts from my one hour dives though.

Sorry! I forgot to write about the WM and TH slots. It's the same thing as the Gem dives they seems to have increased for me... I have received 15 slots for my WM this week, and I haven't received many storage upgrade parts compared to before. What I´m try to say is that for many, many weeks I was jealous when others was reporting big Gems and TH and WM slots reward and it didn´t got it, even if I dive VERY much. Then now when many are complaining about the rewards it seems like I get quite good rewards... So maybe it´s just how the lottery for rewards works....

Tier 11
Lutka48

Postby Lutka48 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 pm

fes wrote:

Sorry! I forgot to write about the WM and TH slots. It's the same thing as the Gem dives they seems to have increased for me... I have received 15 slots for my WM this week, and I haven't received many storage upgrade parts compared to before. What I´m try to say is that for many, many weeks I was jealous when others was reporting big Gems and TH and WM slots reward and it didn´t got it, even if I dive VERY much. Then now when many are complaining about the rewards it seems like I get quite good rewards... So maybe it´s just how the lottery for rewards works....

Thanks again.
It means those rewards are still there. I will be patient. :D

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat May 05, 2018 11:01 pm

I think I have gotten 1 each of the WM and TH extra slots from the new dives, and I would dearly love to have more. Do we know if Shrippers has the stats on how often those will drop? My guess is probably less than 5% and maybe one of those 1 percenters that come by in a blue moon. I would love to see it in the 7-8% range. ;) :lol:
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Sat May 05, 2018 11:07 pm

I'm not very representative in diving activity as it simply wears me out to go back and forth on other islands every day and keep my seal diving every second day... :oops:
I just do couple dives per day and that's it.
As for rewards, I did get 7 stickers today, few perls, expantion parts, and an axe. Since the begining of this new dive system, I've got once 99 and once 77 gems, two times 7 stickers, 20 of each TH and WM increase ( all together) and lots of perls, tools, dyes, few gems and single stickers as rewards...
So I can't say are there any changes in rewards as I wasn't diving all that much, but maybe my score can still be helpful to you anyway :?
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”